• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 6/27: Germany Vs. England, Mexico vs. Argentina |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephemeris

EviLore said:
For those who missed the message, the world cup thread was the center of the database issues. We need to stay away from that sort of extreme megathread format, so we'll try separate threads for each match for now.

Performance should be better now.

Continuing here, then?
Game #1:
30x7ghe.jpg

15655741.jpg
15655731.jpg
15655732.jpg
15655742.jpg

Game #2
125px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png
VS
125px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png

54610785.jpg

x610.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

x610.jpg

The Players (aka Member Meltdown Watch)

Game #1
Germany
FPbc9.gif

Roi | Art Teitlebaum | Phantast2k | Hieberrr | goldlion054 | schennmu | STG | Bren McGuire | EricHasNoPull | esquire | Obaidr| Toma| selig| Jacobi |Haunted | Xater| mernst23| Milchmonster|thy_ | Ikuu | reminder | Enosh | Discotheque | carpediemdp | slaughterking [Flagless fans: Patrick Bateman | DieNgamers] ]
VS
England
9Gcws.gif

Wes | Empty | Salazar | feathers | adizzy615 | Juicy Bob | Gaz Pwnage | rhfb | D4Danger | Dark Machine | Ad Infinitum | Patryn | MrSerrels | A2D | scotcheggz | Oxx | danwarb |

Game #2:

Argentina
g7okX.gif

Dre | Error | Nemesis121 | Santiako | Joeyjoejoeshabadoo | sinny | BigBoss | DoornicK | Mister E | Fersis | Ephemeris | Yasser | Moundir&Tony>you | Calidor | The Omega Man | Shoogoo
VS
Mexico
oNlXp.gif

NinjaScooter | Talas | SteelAttack | Verano | htownplaya | Reneledarker | vicktormerv | ijm72 | Regulus Tera | Mardil - | DM_Uselink | My Name Is Ed | -Eddman- |
jamesinclair | Operations | Leunam | bigosc2k - no flag cause banned past world cup | mello | Caoz | r3d panda | Brownmonkey | Human_Shield | alterno69 | carvasd | Tater tot | Trip Warhawkins | GaussTek | Rorschach

Caoz

So argentina is playing with 13 men on the field huh, plus another two running around on the sidelines ?:lol

giga

GUYS IT’S THE HUMAN PART OF THE GAME. ERRORS WILL HAPPEN. ACCEPT IT AND MOVE ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF THE GAME!

msv

That Heinze is really quick to anger. I don't get how unprofessional football players can be sometimes. You get paid millions so put in some effort ffs.

Mindlog

The race to be the first in the new thread to say Fuck FIFA?

GL in the 2nd half Mejico. I wasn't really backing either horse in this race, but I side with any team boned by refs.

pluuuuuuuuuutooo (not a planet anymore(yes sic ;]))

NHL review system please. The NHL is the perfect model to follow. Let's add lights behind the nets and replace the horn with vuvuzelas.

Raelson

giga said:
GUYS IT’S THE HUMAN PART OF THE GAME. ERRORS WILL HAPPEN. ACCEPT IT AND MOVE ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF THE GAME!
I think most are for goal cameras. Checking cameras for other occasion will only slow the game down.

jett

D-Member
Caoz said:
So argentina is playing with 13 men on the field huh, plus another two running around on the sidelines ?:lol

The refereeing in this WC is really disgusting. Worst I've seen in 20 years of following football.

faridmon

Too bad the original thread was locked, I love you all, and shall miss ya.

and Heinze is a prick anyway, never had the respect for others and that GIF proves why he is trash.

Xater

I don't quite understand how two threads will ease the traffic but whatever.

So another terrible ref decision happened from what I could gather. Well definitely looks like something has to happen. I am all for those 2 extra refs that the UEFA wants to implement.

msv

giga said:
:lol I always hate that argument. IF you're concerned about watching videos might delay the game too much, fine. But human part of the game? This is a 6300 dollar suit COME ON!

Timber

there's only one thing that can be done to salvage what remains of the world cup's good name.

suspend all matches indefinitely except the upcoming one. the winner of that match becomes world champion.

let's see... it's the netherlands - slovenia.

i can live with that and i expect you all to agree. it's only fair.

Mr. Sam

msv said:
That Heinze is really quick to anger. I don't get how unprofessional football players can be sometimes. You get paid millions so put in some effort ffs.

You've never smacked your head on something and been immediately like "FUUUUUUUCK THAT HURTS! SONUVA--!"?

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
that missed offside call has taken any enjoyment i've had in this game out the window. yet another bad referee call to have an outcome on the scoreline. i love soccer, but this is rather pathetic and frustrating even for neutrals to watch.

Say what you will about introducing technology but having instant replays shown in the ground with the current rules is just about the most retarded idea possible. Completely undermines the referee.

entremet

ShadyMilkman said:
Why the fuck was the other thread locked? Was it getting to "rough" for our limp-wristed mods?
The size of the thread was causing database issues, resulting in 503 errors.

What happened to the other thread? Completely deleted? o_O I can't find anywhere. Wouldn't just locking it have been just as effective? I posted something I wanted to see if there was a response to

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ShadyMilkman said:
Why the fuck was the other thread locked? Was it getting to "rough" for our limp-wristed mods?
Database p roblems caused by megathread size.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Probably just moved to a non-public area so that people simply loading it up wouldn't fuck the database.

Either way, GAF is finally browsable for me now, so yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom