• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 World Cup 3rd place |OT| Uruguay vs Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

Suarez might be a cunt, but come on... that doesn't the whole team deserves this kind of bashing. Come on.

Uruguay played a great tournament. Fact.

Majine

Banned
oko5eo.png

CassSept

rodvik said:
No Suarez cheated and he gloated about it. Englands goal was a ref call, that happens.

Ghana should have been here tonight. Suarez deserves all the hate.
How long have you been watching football? This isn't even close to being the worst thing that happens in this game. He exploited the rules and saved his team whether you like it or not. Neither gloating about it is nothing new, that's the same thing Maradona did.

Uruguay did great, if you don't acknowledge it you're blinded by some childish hate. And Forlan's goal in that match was by far the best goal of the tournament.

rodvik

Sadist said:
Suarez might be a cunt, but come on... that doesn't the whole team deserves this kind of bashing. Come on.

Totally, I was rooting for them most of the tourney in fact. Just can't support that kind of unsportsmanlike behavior.

Wellscha

To all Uruguay haters: Suck It.

You're just bitter cuz your favorite teams/players didnt do jack shit in this tourney.

Dresden said:
Wasn't there a junior member here who had an avatar bet with some Holland fans?

Thats me:D

Wallach

Sadist said:

Pretty much this. Suarez got his - the boos were very clear every time he touched the ball.

That crossbar is a cruel mistress, just ask Ghana.

Good try by Uruguay but Germany deserved their win today. A great effort for a third place game by both teams.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Had the match on in the background but some Super Street Fighter IV matches kept me distracted the whole time so I didn't see a thing...

I don't ever root for other teams, but I'm glad that Germany won - good for them.

Uruguay, you got further than you should have with that handball, but two straight losses is justice well served.

Lightning

Banned
Sadist said:

Not fact. The Fact is they should never have progressed passed the Quarter Finals and they only proceeded past because they cheated. That's fact.

Once they faced quality sides their defence fall apart. That Forlan is dangerous, I'll give Uruguay that, but I'm stilll of the opinion that this is a very average side who are just not upto Semi Final/Final football.

rodvik

CassSept said:
How long have you been watching football? This isn't even close to being the worst thing that happens in this game. He exploited the rules and saved his team whether you like it or not. Neither gloating about it is nothing new, that's the same thing Maradona did.

Uruguay did great, if you don't acknowledge it you're blinded by some childish hate. And Forlan's goal in that match was by far the best goal of the tournament.

I have been watching for twenty years, used to go and watch the villa most games.

He cheated and gloated about it. I don't like that at all. You don't like that? Too bad. Oh go read my posts, I am a Forlan fanboy. Not blinded at all. Perhaps you are.

Atrus

Gold Member
SalsaShark said:
You know, to all those saying we are shit, we played like ass, we suck, yadda yadda. Suck it.

You talk about miracles and crap like that, we were effing close to winning both this match and the Holland match as well. (Both of those with "lolol u r gay sucks miracle blablabla they are shit")

We played a fuckin awesome World Cup, everyone that thinks otherwise is clearly blind.

Again, im pretty fuckin proud for my team :D you`ll never see tears from this face.

It's pretty clear that even in todays game your country depended on the strength of one man. That's good so long as he's around but if nothing changes Uruguay will sink back down only to be replaced by another upstart.

Salsa

Lightning said:
Once they faced quality sides their defence fall apart.

Lightning said:
this is a very average side who are just not upto Semi Final/Final football.

.. wat ?

Then how did we played such good games, (with really close scores (wel, overall close matches in general) against Holland and Germany ?

Luck ?

Atrus said:
It's pretty clear that even in todays game your country depended on the strength of one man. That's good so long as he's around but if nothing changes Uruguay will sink back down only to be replaced by another upstart.

Youre right, Thank You Forlanfucileperezluganomuslerapereiracavanicachagodinsuarezabreulodeiro ! you are a terrific man.

Wellscha

SalsaShark said:
.. wat ?

Then how did we played such good games, (with really close scores (wel, overall close matches in general) against Holland and Germany ?

Luck ?

Dude, ingnore him. He's been at it for a while.

flintstryker said:
well both teams that are at the finals have been playing like a bunch of pussies for a while now.
nope, but i can understand what you say.germany probably played th best soccer this tournamnt. but they were outplayed by.. Spain.. and spain played more good matches.

I agree that The Netehrlands didn't play the way they are famous for. But maybe tomorrow.
Botht team are capale of INCRDIBLE INCRDIBLE high quality soccer.

i think it will be a great match. it's the final. not a match towards the final.

SalsaShark said:
.. wat ?

Luck ?
Must be some sort of illusion. We were actually not watching Uruguay giving Germany a run for their money just now.

Sadist

Lightning said:
Not fact. The Fact is they should never have progressed passed the Quarter Finals and they only proceeded past because they cheated. That's fact.

Once they faced quality sides their defence fall apart. That Forlan is dangerous, I'll give Uruguay that, but I'm stilll of the opinion that this is a very average side who are just not upto Semi Final/Final football.

UUUURRRGGGGHHHH. Yes, Suarez did use his hand preventing Ghana to score. The thing is, he got red carded for that foul and Ghana received a penalty which they missed. It sucks for Ghana, but they were given a opportunity and they didn't use it. End of story. Football isn't always fair.

You want cheating?

This is cheating

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
SalsaShark said:
Dude, how did we not play a great WC ? explain.
everyone knows you played a good cup. Do you think this will stop the gifs etc?

That was an amazing match, I knew it would be and the 30 euros I backed paul with (IN NORMAL TIME) made the match MASSIVE for me.

TBH Uruguay looked a lot more like winning that match than they did the dutch one. Suarez played really well, he could have got a goal.

Lightning said:

So much this.

Uruguay was a quarterfinal team and their 4th place result proves it.

Ghana played better against Germany in a must-win game for Germany. Uruguay lost 3-2 to Germany's "B" team.

Anyway I'm happy with today's result. I like Forlan but Suarez is a cunt so I'm glad he blew his scoring opportunities and got booed all night. Uruguay should be grateful for their undeserved 4th place result. Judging by the reactions of their fans, it seems they are.

Wellscha

The Chosen One said:
So much this.

Ghana played better against Germany in a must-win game for Germany. Uruguay lost 3-2 to Germany's "B" team.

Anyway I'm happy with today's result. I like Forlan but Suarez is a cunt so I'm glad he blew his scoring opportunities and got booed all night. Uruguay should be grateful for their undeserved 4th place result. Judging by the reactions of their fans, it seems they are.

Troll harder yo. Troll harder.

Salsa

catfish said:
everyone knows you played a good cup. Do you think this will stop the gifs etc?

Not at all :lol

And apparently, not everyone knows that, or dont wanna believe it.

The Chosen One said:
Uruguay should be grateful for their undeserved 4th place result.

Oh dear lord

Majine said:
http://i31.tinypic.com/5mea7p.png[/ img][/QUOTE]

:lol :lol

The Chosen One said:
So much this.

So we are just forgetting the fact that Squrez was sent off and Ghana awarded a penalty which they missed sounds like they weren't worthy of going on to me?

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
The Chosen One said:
So much this.

What is this?! I can't... I can't do this anymore.

Calcaneus

Suarez used the rules of the game against Ghana, its devious but not the most dishonorable thing in the world.

Ghana should have made that penalty.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
This paul stuff is getting NUTS.

it's on the news, dutch commentators mentioned it less than a minute after the final whistle.

There is a fan out there, with tickets to the final who is missing a trick by not dressing up in a spanish flag with a giant octopus hat and a big staff. If spain wins, a small religion could be born.

Fio

Paul is a god, we all know, but there's still hope for the Dutch:

208bur9.jpg

They've already successfully used him against Brazil. But are his jinxing powers bigger than Paul's will?

Facism

Lightning said:

16x9_luis_suarez_2_72944a.jpg

you sound like a bitter USA fan :lol

Facism

Lightning said:
Yeah... that didn't look like a foul to me...

That Ghana player looked like he's trying out for the oscars.

First I've seen the incident in slow motion though. Looks very suspicious on Ghana's part in slow motion. Perhaps they got what they deserved...

Eye for an eye and all that jazz, good sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom