• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC/PSN/XBLA) - May 1st 2013 (Michael Biehn included?)

iavi

Do you think it's possibly part of a viral campaign? A lot of the "leaks" so far seem a bit... suspicious to me. Like they want it to be found and talked about so they don't have to spend actual money on marketing.

They do feel that way.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Do you think it's possibly part of a viral campaign? A lot of the "leaks" so far seem a bit... suspicious to me. Like they want it to be found and talked about so they don't have to spend actual money on marketing.

This is exactly what I thought watching the video. We know so much about the game, but Ubisoft is making a strong effort to not...outright confirm things. It's all underground and grungy.

If it's not deliberate, I certainly think it's beneficial.

Ubi ninjas throwing shurikens all over, now the gameplay clips are dead too under Eurogamer.

which leads me to believe this is not the case, they would have left a couple clips online to spread instead of taking them down immediately.

xJavonta

Banned
Man, it's like every thread I go into now has you shitting on the game either directly or passive-agressively. Is there anything you like? It's based on Far CRy 3, of course it's a shooter.

Anywho, this looks cool. Glad Ubi is trying some weird, alternate universe stuff with their DLC of late.

This is his shtick. He doesn't like games, he doesn't even like the game in his avatar.

i still think this whole thing is just a cancelled project from Ubisoft and they intended to only use it as an Aprils Fool joke to boost sales of the normal Far Cry 3.

I feel the same way, i hope not though. This looks awesome and would seriously be pissed if this is just there to promote FarCry 3 and nothing else.

saunderez

i still think this whole thing is just a cancelled project from Ubisoft and they intended to only use it as an Aprils Fool joke to boost sales of the normal Far Cry 3.

Thats some dedication to have an entire game ready to go just for an April Fools joke. Most April Fools jokes don't cost that much money nor that much effort from that many people.

It's just like Far Cry 3....If you hated Far Cry 3 you're gonna hate this just as much, some humour won't cover up what is essentially exactly the same game.

Far Cry 3 is just another Present day shooter where your on an island. This takes place in an 80s/90s fantasy world. Big difference.

saunderez

Far Cry 3 is just another Present day shooter where your on an island. This takes place in an 80s/90s fantasy world. Big difference.

But the gameplay is identical. Unless you only play a game for setting and story shouldn't that matter? I'm not saying this as a bad thing, I loved the gameplay in Far Cry 3. But if you didn't then you're not gonna get much out of this game because the gameplay is so similar.

What are you talking about? This is essentially the same thing. Have you not seen the game play footage, It's far cry 3 with neon colors and satirical dialog.

Apparenlty a reskin makes it an entirely different game. Could've fooled me. It's VERY similar. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it could possibly be an elephant I guess.

The hack\exploit allowed you to download ANY GAME from Ubisoft's servers for free. Not just Blood Dragon. That doesn't seem like something that would ever be done on purpose.

Bleeether

Wrong, the year is 2007 and its set in a post nuclear war era and it is on an island.
Of the 1 hour game play footage i've seen there is nothing in the game that 80's 90's fantasy world. Rather, the game feels like it was influenced by someone living in the 80's (synth music, neon colors)

LiveWire

This is what Duke Nukem Forever could/should have been. Can't wait to buy it.

Love the Sega Genesis style covert art too. :)

Yes it is confirmed for May 1st. We just don't know the price yet. I hope it will be 1200 but I think it will be 1600.

Not really confirmed though, the XBLA site was pulled down. It was the only site with a release date. And still, Ubisoft has not announced the game officially yet.

JRW

There seems to be a bug with the in-game Vsync option. every time I load Blood Dragon the games lacks triple buffering (stays locked at either 30 or 60fps).

But if I change the Vsync option from 1 frame to 2 frames, hit apply, then change it back to 1 frame and apply triple buffering starts working like it should (hovers around 50-60fps).

EVGA GTX 480 w/ 314.22 driver / Win 7 64

EDIT: AAAnndddd I missed the |OT| thread, my bad.

Arsenic13

So now that the FARCRY series has neon panthers, cyborgs, and dragons, can FC3 multiplayer get a Predator mode?

I was once told by the Farcry Twitter that the game lacks a Predator mode because they wanted realism, like the story mode. That was before I played the game and found out it had unexplained supernatural LSD trips and Blood Dragon released. No excuse now, huh?

Top Bottom