• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

glee Season 5 |OT| High School, Drama & Taking Songs From The American Idol Song List

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're back for another season.

What you missed.
Ratchel is a whore
Blahne is a whore.

Coming this season

Tribute episode for Cory Monteith (Finn)
Disney Channel Camp Rock Star and X-Factor US judge Demi Lovato will make a guest appearance in the show.
More shit from High School Arc.
Trouty Mouth and Abs are back

hAm1Bnx.gif

Official Site: http://www.fox.com/glee/

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
It sounds super strange but for some reason I forgot this was a singing show so when Rachel started singing at the start I was confused as fuck

I remain not really caring about any of the people left at Mckinnley, but the new Sue being principal story line could be pretty good
The proposal was done really nicely, even if I do think it's stupid. They just get back together and now they're engaged? Ridiculous.

The covers didn't do much for me but then I'm not into the Beatles so I wasn't expecting much

Nohar

Episode 1:

That mariage proposal was so over the top, I couldn't stop laughing. Though, I actually liked it a lot. However, they just went back together, it's way to soon for a mariage. I don't really expect this storyline to end well, despite how much I want Kurt to have his happy ending.

Artie and Kitty... Well, honestly, I'm happy for those two. Though, let's be honest, I'm not sure this is going to end well.

Coach... I mean, Principal Sylvester is back. And evil. God I missed her evilness. She remains one of the best asset of the show.

At least Tina's bitchiness has been adressed. It was about time.

Hmmm, I don't remember seeing Sugar. Is she officially out?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Coach... I mean, Principal Sylvester is back. And evil. God I missed her evilness. She remains one of the best asset of the show.

This so much, she was one of the reasons the first series was so great. When they pacified her later she got kinda dull. Glad she seems back to her proper self

netguy503

that just means figgin will be around and i'm not liking that.

seb looking extra cute.

wink01.gif

who is this? There was a person that looked liked that who was caught masturbating in a video he sent to his boyfriend that got leaked to the internet who they said was on Glee though I never saw him before. That looks like him.

I'm glad Rachel didn't get the part. That wouldn't of been realistic. When I heard the leaked audio track list, I thought she would sing yesterday at the end of episode two when she heard of Finn's death not over an audition (also doesn't make sense in the lyrics). Also thought they would save going back to "the bridge" for the Cory episode not to reminisce about highschool friends. Takes the special out of it a little bit. I did like that they also reused the hallway where Blaine and Kurt meet and everything Blaine said to Kurt though BUT does anyone think this relationship is being fast tracked because there can never be any Finnchel or any Britanna (at least not this season). Even Ryan Murphy said he would never have all the core couples back together at one time as the show loses the drama/people tuning in to see the romantic tension as the two characters work there way back to each other (I agree, and I think we will see that this season). Also Burt doing a complete 180 in how he talked to Blaine about this last season to how he talked about this issue with his own son felt wrong. Like he/we were being fed the dialogue the writers/director wanted us to hear not what they would really say in that universe. It felt false and it REALLY felt like things changed due to the events of the summer.

And did they ever show how Sue got back into the school after that gun issue (and now Becky is coming back?) I must of missed that. Can someone please explain? Thanks.

Zoe

And did they ever show how Sue got back into the school after that gun issue (and now Becky is coming back?) I must of missed that. Can someone please explain? Thanks.

Becky came forward and got suspended for a month.

who is this? There was a person that looked liked that who was caught masturbating in a video he sent to his boyfriend that got leaked to the internet who they said was on Glee though I never saw him before. That looks like him.

I'm glad Rachel didn't get the part. That wouldn't of been realistic. When I heard the leaked audio track list, I thought she would sing yesterday at the end of episode two when she heard of Finn's death not over an audition (also doesn't make sense in the lyrics). Also thought they would save going back to "the bridge" for the Cory episode not to reminisce about highschool friends. Takes the special out of it a little bit. I did like that they also reused the hallway where Blaine and Kurt meet and everything Blaine said to Kurt though BUT does anyone think this relationship is being fast tracked because there can never be any Finnchel or any Britanna (at least not this season). Even Ryan Murphy said he would never have all the core couples back together at one time as the show loses the drama/people tuning in to see the romantic tension as the two characters work there way back to each other (I agree, and I think we will see that this season). Also Burt doing a complete 180 in how he talked to Blaine about this last season to how he talked about this issue with his own son felt wrong. Like he/we were being fed the dialogue the writers/director wanted us to hear not what they would really say in that universe. It felt false and it REALLY felt like things changed due to the events of the summer.

really. gotta search.

Sebastian_Smythe.gif

you can also see him on a lifetime original movie as well "A Mother's Nightmare". Not saying i watched it or anything.

netguy503

really. gotta search.

Sebastian_Smythe.gif

you can also see him on a lifetime original movie as well "A Mother's Nightmare". Not saying i watched it or anything.

It wasn't a major player (like the guy in your picture who will also be on Arrow this season). I didn't even remember him from Glee. It was on perezhilton.com but it got pulled.

It wasn't a major player (like the guy in your picture who will also be on Arrow this season). I didn't even remember him from Glee. It was on perezhilton.com but it got pulled.

The guy from the first gif posted is the same guy in the second gif. Both are Sebastian, I believe his name is.

Joni

Damn @ Rachel doing Yesterday. Really chilling. There is no reason to be upset for her though, she'll get the role. Claire Danes is doing Homeland so they'll need someone else.

netguy503

Damn @ Rachel doing Yesterday. Really chilling. There is no reason to be upset for her though, she'll get the role. Claire Danes is doing Homeland so they'll need someone else.

I would really hate if they give her the role over her ex-boyfriend dying. Watch it happen though. :(

Zuly

So santana's love interest will be demi.

i hope in the preview demi and santa do make out so i can gif it
The reason why I'm excited for this episode despite it being another Beatles episode. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the Beatles but not enough for two episodes.

Give me more showtunes, Glee. I really wish A Chorus Line tribute would happen but they already covered all the best songs. Is Spring Awakening too much to ask for? :0 I need my dose of Jonathan Groff.

The reason why I'm excited for this episode despite it being another Beatles episode. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the Beatles but not enough for two episodes.

Give me more showtunes, Glee. I really wish A Chorus Line tribute would happen but they already covered all the best songs. Is Spring Awakening too much to ask for? :0 I need my dose of Jonathan Groff.

is groff still even around? this season should interest some fresh new faces as well.

Zuly

is groff still even around? this season should interest some fresh new faces as well.

He still does theater and was on 'Boss' before it was cancelled. I'm not sure exactly what he's doing these days though. Season 4 was the first season he's been absent in, so I was wondering if they even plan on having him even if for an episode or two. The last time we saw him on Glee he was the coach for Vocal Adrenaline, so we might see him again?

Joni

He still does theater and was on 'Boss' before it was cancelled. I'm not sure exactly what he's doing these days though. Season 4 was the first season he's been absent in, so I was wondering if they even plan on having him even if for an episode or two. The last time we saw him on Glee he was the coach for Vocal Adrenaline, so we might see him again?

And he talked to Whoopi about getting Rachel into NYADA where she revealed he had been applying himself. IMHO, they need to bring him back as a friend for Rachel somewhere around episode 4.

Zoe

Hah, Smash shout-out.

They're gonna hit the end of the school year soon, right? I really hope they don't drag it out.

Zuly

omg yes to all of this

It's too soon, but maybe they can bring him back as a love interest for Rachel eventually. I mean, girl can't be single forever.

I'm still shipping St.Berry FFS

Plus Lea and Groff have been BFFs for a long time, I'm sure she'll feel comfortable with him. Give me that "I Believe" Jesse/Rachel duo. I needz it in ma lyfe.

I have to wait till tomorrow to watch the episode because Hulu. /sigh

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I know I am probably the only who thinks this, but Sue is such a goddamn cancer on this already agonizing show. I expect that she'll become the President of the United States next year and start torturing the glee club by sending them to Guantanamo Bay.

In order to preserve my sanity, has there been any indication of when the Montieth tribute episode will be? I think I'm just going to wait for that to happen at this point.

I know I am probably the only who thinks this, but Sue is such a goddamn cancer on this already agonizing show. I expect that she'll become the President of the United States next year and start torturing the glee club by sending them to Guantanamo Bay.

In order to preserve my sanity, has there been any indication of when the Montieth tribute episode will be? I think I'm just going to wait for that to happen at this point.

it's next week's episode.

Zuly

I'm sick of Sue too. All we really require of Sue is to insult people and she can do that without trying to destroy the Glee club. You know, like Santana and Kitty.

Wazzy

Banned
Sue is especially awful because they already humanized her MULTIPLE times and she still treats the school and Glee club like shit. Oh? We threw a beautiful funeral for your sister and in return you still treat us like garbage? Thanks Sue!

Zuly

Speaking of lack of continuity, didn't Ryder say he was quitting Glee club? Have they explained why he's back and why he doesn't seem that mad anymore?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This is a pretty amazing idea, actually. You should write for the show. You couldn't possibly do a worse job than they already are, lbr.
Maybe glee could merge with Murphy's horror show and Sue could turn into a different villain every season.

I'm sick of Sue too. All we really require of Sue is to insult people and she can do that without trying to destroy the Glee club. You know, like Santana and Kitty.
I guess someone there still think she's funny.

netguy503

Am I a bad person that the trailer for next week's episode didn't move me at all? I just don't get why they need to go in this direction with this character when he hasn't been seen/mentioned in the last four or five episodes and everything's been great but now suddenly they care and we are supposed to buy that? And Mr. Shue was last so furious at this guy and now he's sad? If they are bringing this to glee (which they don't have to and I think it's a bad direction for them) they need to explain some things as continuity wise some things don't make sense. And I HOPE Ryan Murphy has changed his mind from over the summer of having Finn's cause of death be unexplained because that would be dumb. And yeah, why is Ryder still in Glee club when he said he was quitting? Ryan Murphy, you need to explain yourself.

Also for those asking about Jessie, Jonathan Groff will be starring in a new Ryan Murphy HBO show themed to be the "male sex in the city" and premiering in the spring I believe. So don't expect to see him much if at all this season. But when that show premieres you'll be seeing alot of him if I know Ryan Murphy and HBO.

Also next weeks episode will be the last until after a long break because the actors "need to grieve" because Ryan Murphy is doing an episode on a fictional character's death that mirrors the actor's real life death so the actors have to go through two times the grief and emotional abuse for a simple ratings ploy. Good job Ryan.

Speaking of lack of continuity, didn't Ryder say he was quitting Glee club? Have they explained why he's back and why he doesn't seem that mad anymore?
Yeah, I wish they'd address that.

I'm glad he's staying, but at least work it into the storyline somehow.

netguy503

Yeah, I wish they'd address that.

I'm glad he's staying, but at least work it into the storyline somehow.

It's odd because they gave Kitty that line in the first episode reminding people of it and then......nothing.

And did the event in this episode suddenly "de-bitchify" Tina and why did that character change happen anyway? So many questions Ryan. What are you doing with these characters?

Also next weeks episode will be the last until after a long break because the actors "need to grieve" because Ryan Murphy is doing an episode on a fictional character's death that mirrors the actor's real life death so the actors have to go through two times the grief and emotional abuse for a simple ratings ploy. Good job Ryan.

Eh, the show will have another new episode on November 7th so it's only off for three weeks, which mostly coincide with baseball that always fucks up the fall schedule on Fox.

Glee is really in a no-win situation here. They have to do something to write Finn out, it's not like his character can just disappear forever completely unexplained.

netguy503

They have to do something to write Finn out, it's not like his character can just disappear forever completely unexplained.

And that's where you are wrong. His character was off to college to get his teaching degree (to eventual follow in Will's, his mentors, footsteps) which, to me, was always the heart of the show. To get a teaching degree you need more years of college than the average person who goes through college needs. It would be perfectly acceptable and reasonable to never have him on the show again knowing that.Sure maybe series finale, and that may be tricky, but they could work out something if they wanted to. They have just done four or five episodes in a row now without anyone mentioning him, they only have two seasons left with the kind of ratings this show gets now, they could have pulled it off and made it realistic if they wanted to. I'm sorry this next episode just feels wrong to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom