• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs - Story Trailer leaks on Xbox360 preview dashboard / Release 05.27.14

Hanmik

So was that the 360/PS3 version?

AESQFkM.jpg

plake

I refuse to believe those graphics were from the current gen version. If so they've simply done a sloppy crossgen game without using the benefits of the new consoles. Hell, I even believed the last gen version would look better.
I don't care much for graphics at all to be honest but comparing this to the E3 teaser trailer makes me doubt the quality of the game overall.

Edit: So it was the PS4 version. Heh. Looks terrible in so many ways.

Theecliff

Banned
So, uh, judging from this thread I guess I'm in the minority when thinking that it looks quite nice visually? Nothing mindblowing, but still decent. It certainly doesn't look as good as it did at E3 (but we've known that for awhile - so I'm not sure why quite a few of you are acting surprised), but it looks better than the several gameplay demos we've seen since then.

Nice to get a release date too. Might pick this up a bit later down the line if it isn't a disaster. Kinda hyped again.

KoopaTheCasual

In this case, it's Ubisoft's own damn fault when they create a bullshit trailer for E3 that is not even close to indicative of the real version.
Yes, there are a lot of comments regarding downgrade, but my first comment is more directed at people whining about animations and textures not blowing their mind, taking pot-shots and comparing it to GTA4, etc.

Patryn

I think Ubi was being short-sighted making this a cross-gen game. I get that they wanted the fast money by hitting the PS3 and 360 userbases, but I have a feeling that the game would have had much longer legs if they had gone next-gen only and avoided making the necessary compromises to release on previous gen technology.

It looked better at E3... The lighting was so much better

12970876415_795d684ce2_o.gif

Darker. The lighting was darker. You are seeing different areas / times of day in these two trailers. Not quite sure what people claiming shit graphics are comparing here?

Also, this intense graphical scrutiny... it's no wonder big companies pass on doing anything new / innovative in favour of shinier graphics with responses like this o.0

Relevant:
cnJDLmX.jpg

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Admittedly I haven't been following things but why is this now about shooting people in the face with a shotgun in broad daylight in the middle of the city?

this isn't the game I remember.

JoshHood

Huh, so the new boxart GAME has in-store isn't actually any kind of new boxart? Weird...:/

Even weirder, in-store promo shows the GAME-exclusive special edition as having a totally different pack with it (a 20's Chicago mobster suit and weapon) to the one still listed on the website (the breakthrough pack). Wtf.

GHG

Hahaha since when did GAF become so jaded and cynical? This thread is unbelievable.

The game looks good. Just because something comes from Ubisoft/EA it doesn't mean we have to shit on it.

If this was a GTA trailer people would be creaming themselves.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
They can't put this out in May. I'm still gonna be playing Titanfall and Dark Souls. Ubi, plz. My schedule.

sunnz

IF that really is next gen then that is disappointing.

BUT at least we can now move on and talk about the actual game and not the graphics :p
PC defiantly, either way.

Please tell me there is someone on GAF who is excited about the gameplay possibilties introduced with the hacking?

Because reading this thread, it seems all people give a shit about is the graphics and Ze IMeRSANS! (oh noes, the bullets have no exit wounds, and the Ai faces doesn't realistically react to pain, the immersion is all gone)

This trailer doesn't detract from what made the demonstrations interesting. Made you think of the potential and possibilities of the tools and options and how things could be used strategically and affect one thing or another in this city kind of populated with "real" people who maybe dynamically react and instigate, or something or other and whatnot, but it remains to be seen how deep these mechanics and systems really go. It is a Ubisoft game after all.

hengyu

Darker. The lighting was darker. You are seeing different areas / times of day in these two trailers. Not quite sure what people claiming shit graphics are comparing here?

Also, this intense graphical scrutiny... it's no wonder big companies pass on doing anything new / innovative in favour of shinier graphics with responses like this o.0

Relevant:
cnJDLmX.jpg

Well... they have a lot of work to do on the brighter areas then

Blader

I think Ubi was being short-sighted making this a cross-gen game. I get that they wanted the fast money by hitting the PS3 and 360 userbases, but I have a feeling that the game would have had much longer legs if they had gone next-gen only and avoided making the necessary compromises to release on previous gen technology.

It makes more sense to make it a cross-gen game, even if holds back the title technologically. They want to build a new franchise, and getting the PS360 install base interested -- enough so that they'll want to make the next-gen leap for when the sequel(s) arrived -- makes more sense to me than going strictly next-gen on the first outing.

Looks good. Nice to see some story reveal in the trailer too.

I have a fee!ing that the game was a bit aimless and without much story last year and that got more fleshed out with the delay.

No problems with the graphics. Looks fine.

GlamFM

Banned

Really? You need a side by side comparison of the exact same area at the exact same time of day to determine differences?

It´s so obvious, I mean come on!

One is a full CG trailer made to look like gameplay (the usual UBI scam)

The other one is actual gameplay that looks like a full generation behind.

MormaPope

Banned

Yes, because if there's one thing I think off when I see current Watch Dogs footage, its the cutting edge innovation and drastic gameplay experimentation.

Hold on one sec..

Charlie-Murphy-Laughing-Chappelles-Show-Prince.gif

I'm not one to critique or slam a game on how much it "innovates", but Watch Dogs doesn't look innovative, not at all.

EDIT: Which is not a bad thing, but penning Watch Dogs as a "artistic" styled game or a "game changer" is laughable.

sunnz

It seems like they made the game more action packed and explosive with the delay, compared to before.

Not a fan of that, hope it's optional. It looks more like a GTA clone now.

This trailer doesn't look that much better than what sleeping dogs looks like on pc and im pretty sure that game had way less budget and dev time

Heh, that is exactly what came to mind when I saw this trailer too, from a graphics point of view.

Hahaha since when did GAF become so jaded and cynical? This thread is unbelievable.

The game looks good. Just because something comes from Ubisoft/EA it doesn't mean we have to shit on it.

people expected a bit more than 'good' from the first(?) game shown anywhere touted as 'next gen game'.

This trailer doesn't look that much better than what sleeping dogs looks like on pc and im pretty sure that game had way less budget and dev time.

You'll find these reactions to just about everything. People have just set themselves up to call Watch Dogs a failure regardless due to the delay. I am unsure what the final product will be, but I'm less than prepared to call it shit because of a trailer. Then again, maybe I take every E3 with a grain of salt.

To be fair though to all the violent reactions, now that we have this trailer, there is literally no conclusion that can't be viably jumped to. We know everything we could possibly need to know to judge the quality of the title.

Kuldar

The game reveal in 2012 was made on PC far more powerfull than PS4 and Xbox One. Of course there is a graphical downgrade.

The thread reaction to the Division graphics downgrade will be very fun to read.

Funny how the PS4 demo looked better last year - maybe the PS4 specs must have been downgraded! ;)

Or Ubisoft finally started showing the actual game instead of demos created for E3 and other promo material. More people need to get wise to Ubisoft's bull.

Still though. Graphics aside. The game still looks great (never convinced by that original E3 demo) and looks like a lot of fun. I'm still excited to pick this up.

plake

You'll find these reactions to just about everything. People have just set themselves up to call Watch Dogs a failure regardless due to the delay. I am unsure what the final product will be, but I'm less than prepared to call it shit because of a trailer. Then again, maybe I take every E3 with a grain of salt.

To be fair though to all the violent reactions, now that we have this trailer, there is literally no conclusion that can't be viably jumped to. We know everything we could possibly need to know to judge the quality of the title.

I'm sure everyone in this thread is hoping for the game to turn out great. Why would we want anything else. Thing is graphics has been downgraded significantly since the initial trailers and that makes me think the developers are having to compromise on their initial vision - which makes me doubt the quality of the game. At least in theory.
Hoping to be proved wrong because I love good games, but Ubisoft honestly has a bad track record of overhyping their games.

Birbo

sortofwant.jpg

Def not as wowed as I was after that E3 reveal, but I'm still on board for a PS4 version.

GavinUK86

Good job putting together all these cutscene shots.

blah, blah. whatever mate. looks great to me. i screencapped interesting shots. the people who are saying it looks like a 360 game needs they're eyes testing, or need to take off their rose-tinted glasses and boot up gta 5 again.

Top Bottom