• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs - Story Trailer leaks on Xbox360 preview dashboard / Release 05.27.14

wotta

"We’re really excited for the launch of Watch Dogs on both PS3 and PS4 and are confident that it will prove to be one of the standout games of 2014,” said Michael Pattison, Vice President, Third Party Relations, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. “It’s a unique and visionary game and we believe that the exclusive content available via PSN will not only excite gamers, but showcase how PlayStation is a preferred destination for Watch Dogs."

Says the PR, I guess Sony would say that hehe :D

Cygan

Neo Member
It always strange when a new console generation comes, people remember the graphics of the previous generation as being better then they really were. Same thing happened during the Xbox360/PS3 transition.

link2021

The game look great just the lighting and self shadowing is not there that why we think is 360 and ps3 lol idk it look weird It not same game I saw at comic con

Cygan

Neo Member
I personally think that the reason is was delayed is because UBI were trying to get this run at a higher framerate on the PS4 and XBONE but realized they overshot the mark when it came to the graphics and have had to downgrade in some areas because it looks way off the footage that was shown before in this trailer.

It looks the same as the 2013 e3 demo.

let´s hope Ubisoft has learned something...

NO MORE FUCKING MISSIONS WHERE WE HAVE TO EAVESDROP OR TAIL PERSONS....

pfeewwww glad to get that out ..

"Stay within the signal's range to listen!"

Dunno about day one, but I expect a period in the summer where I probably won't have anything to play. I'll just see what people here and friends (and a GB Quick Look) have to say.

TheCloser

Banned
hm... vs:
12969743623_93c43a5216_o.gif

Doesn't look to bad when compared, doesn't it?
No it looks bad. He shoots the guy in the stomach several times and there is no blood, no exit wounds, nothing. Yea, next gen my ass.

When you say "After quite a long delay, Ubisoft finally annouced that Watch_Dogs would be released on May 27 on basically every platform except WiiU who would get the game a tad later. And as a bonus, they even sent us a new story trailer!" do you know any timeframe for when the Wii U version might come out?

Or is that "tad" qualifier just your assumption? :)

Kuldar

Take a good look at the reveal trailer again, guy. GTA5 looks more visually impressive in just about every regard. If this is ps4/One footage, it's truly sad.
GTA 5 trailer looks impressive, GTA5 don't looks as impressive as its own trailer.

Klocker

hm... vs:

yea. Not seeing this massive issue of graphics people keep talking about. Pretty typical around this time after the new car smell of next Gen has worn off and a game is multiplatform.

think it looks damned nice

Really, GTAV had some good but not great character models, but the a lot of the environment textures were pretty low res.

GTA V had some great composition and lighting, but it suffered from framerate issues, pretty low res textures (especially on terrain) & pretty nasty shadow cascade transitions. Yes, it looked fantastic for current gen, but it was at the VERY tail end of the generation cycle and made with those platforms in mind. This is a cross-gen game, the IQ, texture quality & shader tech is incredibly beefed up in comparison. I think it's the lighting, it looks a bit flat, like there's a distinct lack of bloom & tonemapping. It's just looks super clean and crisp since they don't really need to hide limitations and imperfections as much on this hardware.

MormaPope

Banned
hm... vs:

Using these gifs as a way to gauge visual quality won't work.

If this trailer is footage from the PS4/PC version Watch Dogs suffers from the cross gen blues. The explosion and clothing effects are extremely middling.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
When you say "After quite a long delay, Ubisoft finally annouced that Watch_Dogs would be released on May 27 on basically every platform except WiiU who would get the game a tad later. And as a bonus, they even sent us a new story trailer!" do you know any timeframe for when the Wii U version might come out?

Or is that "tad" qualifier just your assumption? :)

They just said "à une date ultérieure", basically "sometimes later".

Servbot24

Banned
Still looks remarkably bland. Was hoping they'd spruce it up for the new trailer considering the delay... oh well, plenty of other games out there to play if this gets the tepid reception one would expect.

I don't think I retain any interest whatsoever after that trailer. I wanted a smart, contemporary approach to open world gaming with tech and information at its center and a savvy protagonist for once. What I'm seeing instead is that this decidedly non-intellectual man has merely been given a magically powerful phone by a corny group of elite hackers straight out of a 90s film. I'm just not at all interested in him or his predictable violence.
Nice, a comment that isn't about the visuals.

I agree with you completely.

AngryMoth

Once upon a time I was super hyped for this game but that trailer really didn't do much for me. Seems like the game is very action oriented while I'd prefer more focus on using the hacking abilities. Maybe it's just the marketing, we'll see. Will pick it up if it turns out well but feeling skeptical for now. Also I haven't always felt this way in the past but it does look visually disappointing compared to the reveal here.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Can someone tell me if this is previous generation (PS3/X360) or current generation (X1/PS4)?

These visuals seem to be downgraded.

I have this on pre-order for PC and will cancel if this is current gen.

Wut? You can't possibly be serious. It looks like an upscaled 360 game. Crisp textures is not what we use to define next gen. This is very much a 360 game. Gta V on ps360 looks more impressive and the next gen port will look even better.

Well, downgrade the textures a lot more, ad a TON of jaggies, less effects and worse lighting and you have your 360 game.
This is a crossgen game after all.

Tom_Cody

When did he turn into a killing machine? I always got the impression from past trailers that he was avoiding trouble as much as he can, of course you can play it in multiple styles but for some reason I always thought they were pushing the stealth aspect more.
The impression that I got from watching a number of the extended gameplay videos is that the game features a lot of flexibility in the main gameplay missions. You can go the MGS/Splinter-Cell stealth route or you can go full action. What I had been most impressed by is that the 'hacking' mechanics (to use the term broadly) can augment both the action elements (such as traffic jams while driving) and the stealth elements (tapping into surveillance feeds to plan an infiltration route). It all looked very seamless and fun.

I really hope this comes together. I like the feel of the world they have created and it looks like it will be a blast to play around in it.

TheCloser

Banned
Well, downgrade the textures a lot more, ad a TON of jaggies, less effects and worse lighting and you have your 360 game.
This is a crossgen game after all.
How can you downgrade the lighting? It already looks horrible. Less effects? What effects? The explosion look embarrassing, I've seen ps360 with better explosions. The material physics are also embarrassing. The material shaders are embarrassing. This game represents the biggest downgrade I've ever seen.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Wut? You can't possibly be serious. It looks like an upscaled 360 game. Crisp textures is not what we use to define next gen. This is very much a 360 game. Gta V on ps360 looks more impressive and the next gen port will look even better.

No way does GTA look better. GTA looks great for last gen, having a 5 year dev cycle, and being only on one generation, but this looks very good for a cross gen game. Almost looks as nice as Infamous at times.

sunnz

The graphics are.. interesting, gotta be current gen ( great for current gen). While I wouldn't say GTA V looks better overall, the difference isn't huge, that's for sure and V probably does look better in some ways too ( like car models)

Overall was a good trailer, still hyped but I REALLY WISH the developers put more effort into vehicle damage, even gta IV has better car damage than that!! Ruins what could be amazing scenes.

Is that Busta Rhymes? Do they really put the age that people died on their tombstones? Game looks good, but I'm wondering what side missions will be like. Ergh...I wanna preorder Batman and The Order and now this comes along. As a single-player fan, my cup runneth over.

I've been waiting for Watch Dogs ever since it was announced back in 2012. It should be a great game for me to play right after exams end!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I don't think I retain any interest whatsoever after that trailer. I wanted a smart, contemporary approach to open world gaming with tech and information at its center and a savvy protagonist for once. What I'm seeing instead is that this decidedly non-intellectual man has merely been given a magically powerful phone by a corny group of elite hackers straight out of a 90s film. I'm just not at all interested in him or his predictable violence.

The next best thing they could make now is that the "hacking" to be some kind of QTE and not a free choice.

A revenge story? Really? This is so far away from the initial reveal. Now looks a CIA B category movie type of story.

MormaPope

Banned
It always strange when a new console generation comes, people remember the graphics of the previous generation as being better then they really were. Same thing happened during the Xbox360/PS3 transition.

And some people are forgetting the progress made throughout the Xbox 360/PS3 life cycle.

5825-gta-iv-cheat-weapons-advanced.jpg

original.jpg

sjay1994

Please tell me there is someone on GAF who is excited about the gameplay possibilties introduced with the hacking?

Because reading this thread, it seems all people give a shit about is the graphics and Ze IMeRSANS! (oh noes, the bullets have no exit wounds, and the Ai faces doesn't realistically react to pain, the immersion is all gone)

MormaPope

Banned
Please tell me there is someone on GAF who is excited about the gameplay possibilties introduced with the hacking?

Because reading this thread, it seems all people give a shit about is the graphics and Ze IMeRSANS! (oh noes, the bullets have no exit wounds, and the Ai faces doesn't realistically react to pain, the immersion is all gone)

You're really curving discussion in a positive way aren't you.

The gameplay shown in this trailer looked like a lot of shit getting beat up, blown up, and turned off.

Top Bottom