• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Date A Live II |OT| Harem A Go-Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
6231415630st4.jpg

Episodes: 10
Genre: Sci-Fi, Romance/Harem
Animation: Production IMS
Original character design: Tsunako
Other staff: People
Watch at: Funimation. Friday, 2:05pm (Eastern).

Main PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqb3ANEiPdw
Mini PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKUwDWFX4WA
Season 1 Recap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEhxA3kdKwA

uqui8jV.png

thum_01bhlsxe.jpg
thum_02bxese8.jpg

Thirty years ago a strange phenomena called a "spacequake" devastated the center of Eurasia, claiming the lives of at least 150 million people. Since then, smaller spacequakes plague the world on an irregular basis.

Shidō Itsuka, a seemingly ordinary high schooler, comes across a mysterious girl at the ground zero of a spacequake. He learns from his sister, Kotori, that she is one of the "Spirits" who are the real cause of the spacequakes, which occur when they manifest themselves in the world.

He also learns that Kotori is the captain of the anti-Spirit organisation Ratatoskr. She recruits him to make use of his mysterious ability to seal the Spirits' powers, stopping them from being a threat to mankind. However, there is a catch: to seal a Spirit, he must make her fall in love with him.

"I don't ask you to beat the spirit. Just let her fall in love with you and save the world."

xnx7YGs.png

iBQqAf4.png
LZMRWqI.png

Itsuka Shido
Main character. Emits some kind of pheromone that makes girls want his D.

EoZdSBu.png
gXbMsKv.png

Yatogami Tohka
Character PV
Main girl. Has a dark, edgy form this time around. Low INT stat.

ZQL22Fy.png
i0wwb42.png

Itsuka Kotori
Character PV
Recently, My Sister is Unusual.

Vjb0Adw.png
DApTNnO.png

Tobiichi Origami
Character PV
No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular.

xWKdBR0.png
nqr6BjM.png

Yoshino
Character PV
Rabbits die if they get lonely.

w30Wymx.png
lTPrr5i.png

Tokisaki Kurumi
Character PV
Official Best Girl™ Official Waifu™ Official Goddess™ The Citizen Kane of Anime Characters™

FHOpI4K.png
QUvRShw.png

QNGRKV9.png
mT9mIOe.png

Yamai Kaguya & Yamai Yuzuru
Guess which one's the evil twin.

pRUSNI2.png
UhIm6m0.png

Izayoi Miku
The World is Hers.

Impressiohahahaha

Date a Live II 01

Of the two shows this season that have Mayayan in them, she doesn't appear in either of their first episodes. That's not quite what I was looking for. A decent reintroduction to things. The parallel between Tohka's soap opera and her misunderstanding of things was amusing, but if there's one moment that sticks out the most, it's the moment with Origami and Shido in the girls' bathroom. Getting a little bold there, Origami. I can appreciate bold. The key point of all this is that the twins debut next week, and my favorite Maaya with them.
Date a Live S2 1
Not a particular good first episode. Seemed very deivative. However there was a lot of teasing.
including Kurumi giving a pointless monologue. It was still nice to see her
Date a Life S2 1

hahaha, that was fun, poor Shiro, most stressful job ever. It seems Tohka has new peaks of dumbness to reach.

Too much Origami! Jesus.

Kurumiiiiii :) hahaha, I guess that was a way of saying "yeah, we know you want to see her, here, here, don't kill us *
Date a Live S2 1

So first things first.

I didn't like the filler episode.

Sure it give me plentiful amounts of cute Tohka, but it also made her seem much stupider than how she normally acts.

Did not appreciate that.

I do appreciate that added Kurumi scene, no matter short it was.
Date a Live II 01

lol @ Origami being DTF in a roadside restroom. What a slore. Kurumi, hurry back pls.
Date A Live II - 01

nBxQNhU.png

You found me!

This show would be so much better if they would just kill off Tohka. Points to Origami for being DTF in the women's bathroom of all places.
DATE A LIVE S2 - 01
Unnecessary episode made necessary because there was a cut between seasons.

However , that tease at the end was straight up evil .
Date some people that aren't quite deceased S2 1

Reintroduction episode utilizing an already captured spirit. Boring! Not off to the best start.
Date A Live II 1

Yaaaaay, feels good to have this show's mindless, occasionally-lewd fun back. (Dat toilet scene, Origami delivering the fanservice goods. I knew she was good for something.)

This episode served as an effective reminder of where we left off, which was just as well since my memory was a little fuzzy on the details. It also served as an effective warning on the potentially catastrophic dangers of DORAMAS. I hope everyone feels educated.
Date A Live II: 01

One episode in and we already get to witness Shidou's balls of steel. Best harem Protagonist.

Looks like we also have actual villains this time, too. Should be a fun 10 episodes or however long this will be.

cajunator

Banned
The finest waifu generator in all the land. Bow down to Tsunako!

Hopefully this means more figures too cause that was severely lacking.

Just watched episode 1 of season 2.

This episode was everything condensed why touka could never become #1 in my eyes .

Don't get me wrong , i like genki girl that are pure at heart ( basicly tohka ), but she is just too much ...

Still , the life of a harem main character somewhat get tough and it doesn't help WHEN ORIGAMI put oil in the fire for no reason.( That was kinda low ) I do like how origami is honnest and straight with her feelign , that a big plus but her actions are always minuses , even with fanservice scenes attached.

However that tease at the end of the ep was quite evil ... at least we know that she is there ...

Time for Book 5 , the berserker sisters. hopefully this will be fun to watch.

Yawnier

Banned
I won't bothering watching S2 until all episodes and impressions are out (just in case this ends up being like Infinite Stratos S2), but I enjoyed the first season of this show so as long as the second season will be at least on par with it I will be happy. Subbing this thread.

Also, Kurumi = best girl. :p

I won't bothering watching S2 until all episodes and impressions are out (just in case this ends up being like Infinite Stratos S2), but I enjoyed the first season of this show so as long as the second season will be at least on par with it I will be happy. Subbing this thread.

Well you should mark your calendar then because the source material is on par with S1 and aside from this first episode of season 2 ( that was needed to reintroduce the whole concept ) kinda like a filler ...it's not going down in quality

Kurumi = DA BEST

Well you should mark your calendar then because the source material is on par with S1 and aside from this first episode of season 2 ( that was needed to reintroduce the whole concept ) kinda like a filler ...it's not going down in quality

Kurumi = DA BEST
Yeah, I tried to limit my bias in the OP, but Kurumi is several orders of magnitude greater than the rest of the cast combined. Also I'm not actually going to be watching this while it's airing because, uh, I still haven't watched S1 yet.

Some of the BR/DVD covers:

FNiFtBT.jpg

Vol 1 LE cover (left) and regular cover (right)

MNchYun.jpg
kU6FJqd.jpg

Vol 2 cover (left) and 'Spirit Treasure Hunt' cover (right; drawn by Tsunako), which is a mini-novel included with the LE.

Yeah, I tried to limit my bias in the OP, but Kurumi is several orders of magnitude greater than the rest of the cast combined. Also I'm not actually going to be watching this while it's airing because, uh, I still haven't watched S1 yet.

Some of the BR/DVD covers:

FNiFtBT.jpg

Vol 1 LE cover (left) and regular cover (right)

MNchYun.jpg
kU6FJqd.jpg

Vol 2 cover (left) and 'Spirit Treasure Hunt' cover (right; drawn by Tsunako), which is a mini-novel included with the LE.

Nice covers .. no need for bias
Biased Op limit discussions as this was proven already by some other anime specific OT this week.

I do hope that they'll release more material during the season but i've read that it's 10 eps ? is it confirmed ? i expected 12 or 13 ?
EDIt : dammit 10 it is ..they are going to rush this one...

DATE A LIVE S2 - 03
Date%20A%20Live%20S2%20-%2003.jpg

Whiz , whoosh , splash , boom ... anyway it's much better than a game fo pretend , ladies.
Well this was great ....

The yamai sisters are nearly perfect in their roles ( kudos to the voice actresses ) and while they adapted everything to the letter , it's almost too fast.

Regardless that was a good episode that had a good amount of swimsuit fanservice and you can't really go wrong with that.

--------------------------
I also read volume 6 of the books., little did i know that Sdburton once again managed to enter an anime.
Also as someone who doesn't like origami, she clearly scored some points in this book , she finally reached the "great" status ..Should be very intresting to see that arc animated.

Great designs indeed .. almost tempted to get the games :)
I still have the first game sitting here waiting for the day I learn Japanese, i.e. never. Will probably import Arusu Install as well when it releases in June because lol common sense.

Also Miku finally got her website art, so added to the OP.

I still have the first game sitting here waiting for the day I learn Japanese, i.e. never. Will probably import Arusu Install as well when it releases in June because lol common sense.

Also Miku finally got her website art, so added to the OP.

NIce art ... i've just finished Book 7 , i'm a little disapointed by this turn of events , but it reinforced that KURUMI DA BEST so ...well Can't wait.

it'll be intresting to see what are everyone ranking after this season ends.

This post is brought to you by "Crosposting.inc" from the DATE A LIVE S2 THREAD

DATE A LIVE S2 - 04
Date%20A%20Live%20S2%20-%2004_01.jpg

Do you remember this guy ? he has one scene where he is usefull and that was it and yeah that is for the season
This episode was kinda weird ... Part badly animated , part nicely animated it's obvious a lot of their episode money went into that berserker attack scene. Why didn't they show the ship exploding ? missed opportunity.

I do hope that the next tohka fight will be better. ( but i doubt it since i know the circumstance oabout that )
Date%20A%20Live%20S2%20-%2004_02.jpg

Tohka acting like a normal character during those last 2 eps Savour it guys , it's not gonna last long.
This episode was alright , Overall they crammed book5 in 3 episodes , it's a shame that they didn't exhibit more origami & tohka rivaly ( they could have done it ) nor did they introduced the yamai sister to the rest of the school the following morning ( it's a scene in the book after all ) but yeah aside from those minors details and the fact that they didn't scrap the ship battle entirely give me a pleasant feelign ..... It was effective , even if it wasn't pretty.

I did like the touching reunion of the sisters when faced with a third option , the yamai sister will defintly be great addition to the regular cast , unlike yoshino , as good as she is , that is still strugling to be revelant at all as shown by those desperate attempts by the anime team to give her screen time , as little as it is.
Date%20A%20Live%20S2%20-%2004_03.jpg
Date%20A%20Live%20S2%20-%2004_04.jpg

No doubt about it those 2 will become even more better in the next arcs.

So next week , is the start of the MAIN DISH, miku lily appears !
She is a diva , she is an idol , she is a spirit , she is SDBURTON
, she is the greatest challenge for the main character..can't wait.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
...this is an adaption of a VN game isn't it?

Its honestly pretty hilarious how easy it is to look at each girls design and see how its designed for a particular fetish

...this is an adaption of a VN game isn't it?

Its honestly pretty hilarious how easy it is to look at each girls design and see how its designed for a particular fetish

Well A Vn came that was from a LN ( it's on PS3 so it's a All-ages thing ) and another game is coming if my memory is correct

But it's from a Light Novel at first.

As for the design , you might be surprised by some characters personalities.

hum ? An escuse to post a gif ? An escuse to post a gif :
Date_a_live_PV.gif

How many episodes have aired until now? I might be able to catch up!
13 is season 1 + 1 oav + 4 eps in season 2
I know all those statements seem crazy, but I can verify that there's some truth to them.
It's truth.

Website's been updated with cover art for the DAL II OP (left) and ED (right) music releases. From what I can tell using google translate, the CDs also include the OP/ED themes from the upcoming Ars Install PS3 game.

Also after an absurd amount of procrastination, I finally watched season 1! My feelings towards it are doubtlessly biased because of my unhealthy obsession with Kurumi (who, incidentally, is now confirmed as an unparalleled embodiment of perfection), but it was genuinely one of the most enjoyable animes I've watched. I'd also like to unreservedly apologise to Origami for assuming the hatred towards her was justified, when in fact she's actually 2nd best girl.

Well A Vn came that was from a LN ( it's on PS3 so it's a All-ages thing ) and another game is coming if my memory is correct

But it's from a Light Novel at first.
I mentioned it above, but yeah, there's another game coming in June called Ars Install. Made a few threads about it (1) (2) on gaming side as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom