• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

chadskin

It depresses me how good people are at these drift tour events, I usually just barely get the 3 stars. At least I'm good at the timed laps. :p

BTW how do I get the Contender trophy ("When the timer expires on a Solo Challenge, be at the top of the leaderboard."). I've played numerous solo (not club) challenges where I came out on top, yet the trophy didn't unlock for me. What am I doing wrong?

drotahorror

Man, that drift face-off in the M5 GP from the Elements DLC... I guess a wet road is required, but it is testing my patience!

I said something about this but no one responded.

Elements DLC is out as well now? I know Redline is out everywhere but NA.

Elements is as well?

This is what I was wondering. Was hoping the new DLC cars would up the level unlocks, but I guess that would be unfair to newbies.
They could always add their own take on prestige. That seems to be a thing these days.

Welcome to tier 2. We've re-locked all the cars in your garage, but here's a new sticker.

I wouldn't even mind.

DBT85

Maybe a system where you can view your player score, but it's based on the average of all your best laps on each circuit in each car.

So eg, if there were 2 tracks and 2 cars, there are 4 leaderboard positions used to work out your average. Might be a long and tedious slog to get every car on every track to set a time, but since most won't, climbing the boards could be easy.

Maybe limit it to hypers.

Merun

It depresses me how good people are at these drift tour events, I usually just barely get the 3 stars. At least I'm good at the timed laps. :p

BTW how do I get the Contender trophy ("When the timer expires on a Solo Challenge, be at the top of the leaderboard."). I've played numerous solo (not club) challenges where I came out on top, yet the trophy didn't unlock for me. What am I doing wrong?

Don't be depressed. Just take it as motivation: "One day I will be as cool as these guys!"

I just don't care about the top of the leaderboard for drifting. I made it a point of honour of getting clean high score. At least I'm not embarrassed when uploading videos!

As for the trophy, I didn't get it either and Evolution is investigating the problem. I have sent them a screenshot of the problem 1 or 2 weeks ago.

drotahorror

Are we already on 1.09??

Just got booted from game for a 2+GB update.

Swear I already had it though.

Just checked. I'm at 1.08. I'm from NA though and don't have the new expacks yet so maybe you're on 1.09 if you have the expacks?

Regardless, it is downloading a patch for me.

chadskin

I just don't care about the top of the leaderboard for drifting. I made it a point of honour of getting clean high score. At least I'm not embarrassed when uploading videos!

As for the trophy, I didn't get it either and Evolution is investigating the problem. I have sent them a screenshot of the problem 1 or 2 weeks ago.

Nah, I don't care about the drift leaderboards all that much either, especially since some are apparently cheating their way up there.
And good to hear they're investigating the trophy issue, it did unlock for some people at least.

Are we already on 1.09??

Just got booted from game for a 2+GB update.

Yup, 2.54GB to be precise. Curious to find out what's inside. :)

drotahorror

There's no way the patch was actually that big. I downloaded it in about 45sec....on a 20Mb connection. Would normally take me about 20 or so minutes.

All it was is some stability to challenges and various fixes.

And they unlocked Redline and Elements DLC for NA

not :/

Shaneus

A patch has just come online! I just got booted from the DC servers.
Edit: Oh, I was slow :(

Edit #2: lol, stability improvements (to challenge mode) and bug fixes. Challenges are definitely a LOT more stable and load far quicker than before.

Shaneus

Sound is a lot better, too. You can hear the water splashing around in chase cam and clearly hear the wipers in dash/in-car cam.

Tommi84

I hope they fixed the drift challenges right now. Downloading the patch, out of 2.54GB, i only need to download ~2.41GB

garyBig

I hope they fixed the drift challenges right now. Downloading the patch, out of 2.54GB, i only need to download ~2.41GB

You mean you only need to download the delta of those two numbers right? At least that was the case with me. So, around 130mb this patch.

drotahorror

What exploit?

I had read some people were exploiting the drift challenges by not moving on to the next part of the track and basically just doing small drifts/donuts in one area. I thought I read that it was fixed already though.

Just curious what Tommi84 means.

leng jai

The thunder is better and you can hear the tyres reacting to the puddles much better now. The rain is still kinda...missing. It's strange because the rain is clearly audible in the lead up and post race but it then disappears during it. I can barely hear the wipers either :/

Merun

I had read some people were exploiting the drift challenges by not moving on to the next part of the track and basically just doing small drifts/donuts in one area. I thought I read that it was fixed already though.

Just curious what Tommi84 means.

It was supposed to be coming with the "next patch", meaning this one? I will have to check.

edit: It seems like it's possible to cheese drifting.

Rushy

Bummer. Reached the level cap. I wonder if they have any plans to increase it with some more goodies to unlock.
We're considering our options. Please post your ideas for what you'd like to see happen (we're listening).

And as people have spotted 1.09 is now live featuring stability improvements, audio updates & leaderboard fixes.

As always its an incremental patching system, which you means you only download the difference. So the total of ALL patches is 2.5GB, but 1.08 to 1.09 is approx 200mb.

chadskin

Man, the Venom Hot Lap 2 is the real deal. After 90 minutes of lapping, I ended up with a 1.19.7 in the top 200. It's amazing, after a while you are so zoomed in you don't even really notice the fucking rain flying in your fucking face (hood cam) the entire time anymore. :D

Merun

Cheese drifting? Is that a technique I've not heard of? ;-)

Too bad you have never heard of it, it's delicious.

liqjii.jpg

danowat

Banned
We're considering our options. Please post your ideas for what you'd like to see happen (we're listening)

Unlimited level gap after 50 would suit me, maybe a few specially branded liveries or badges/stickers for big milestones (100, 150, 200 etc etc)

Played a multiplayer race at night, heavy rain and lightning. Was the best racing experience I've ever had. I can't see a game topping this for a very long time.

MMaRsu

Banned
We're considering our options. Please post your ideas for what you'd like to see happen (we're listening).

And as people have spotted 1.09 is now live featuring stability improvements, audio updates & leaderboard fixes.

As always its an incremental patching system, which you means you only download the difference. So the total of ALL patches is 2.5GB, but 1.08 to 1.09 is approx 200mb.

Yo Rushy just make it so you can 'prestige' effectively adding a star or whatever behind your name? I never liked it in COD but I feel it may work here.

Also have you ever looked into the windshield wipers going just a tad too slow? Its breaking the realism barrier a bit haha. I know its nitpicking but damn everything else in this game is just too awesome.

And dont forget about a quick color select when choosing a car!

And my Driveclub version still says 1.04 but I have all the latest updates and the Elements and Redline pack as well.

Too bad you have never heard of it, it's delicious.

liqjii.jpg
Hehe nice :)

Level cap wise I think the call of duty model works well, prestige and there's something visible next to your name or club badge to show how high you are and start again with the cars locked and accolades reset. It keeps the game fresh as it stops you just sticking to your fav cars (the accolade system worked well in this regard too). The DLC cars can't be locked as you need them for the additional tours tho. Defo need level info on the lobby screen tho so you can see the level & prestige of the guys your racing against.

Navid

I think a mix of a prestige system for straight xp levelling up beyond lvl 50 and a MotorStorm style performance rank alongside it for online play might be a good solution.

Humidex

So I nabbed a copy of this at CeX for 20 quid this morning...man alive, the driving experience in a M5 in a storm battered course...

:)

They could always add their own take on prestige. That seems to be a thing these days.

Welcome to tier 2. We've re-locked all the cars in your garage, but here's a new sticker.

I wouldn't even mind.

Hmm just thought, what happens to the challenges if you've prestiged and your cars are locked? The rental system they had for online where you don't earn fame? Or you can just use the car for that challenge then it gets locked again?

I'd like the ability to create challenges like the tour events too, so beat this time with any super car for example.

chadskin

My suggestion is to add a "diamond star" challenge to every tour event, basically another star but one that's harder to get - higher drift score, faster lap time, higher average speed, et. al. That would give people some motivation to go back to the tour without having to just start it from scratch (at least that's not something I'd be super motivated to do because, well ... I already did that :p). Later on, they could be introduced in the DLCs as well.

As for the level cap, I'm not sure. You could just make it unlimited and introduce some special perks for level >50 players as some have mentioned or keep the level 50 cap and build a perks system around the amount of "diamond stars" one has earned if you go down that route.

djjinx2

Rushy, more levels please, maybe with some liveries to unlock?

How about helmets? Possible to add to the game? Or gloves??

Also the new car manufacturers need Accolades
I have 22 million xp and have come to a halt pretty much with hardly any accolades to complete :(

Ranger X

So you can exploit drifting....

No shit why now some people are trouncing my scores with me left with no explanations how they could be that good.
When this shit will be fixed I'll be in the top drifters. Motherfuckers lol

What do you mean when you say 'fix'

I think the general consensus is that guard rails and off-road shouldn't slow you down as much as they do on the straights as its very easy for the guy your trying to overtake to push you off track and slow you down - I think they still need to be strict on the corners to prevent rail riding.

Top Bottom