• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 announced for North America, coming to PS3, Vita, PS4, PC

RalchAC

From the description this game finally covers the whole OP story so far (in a canon way, at least the origins of recruiting the Strawhats, though even Skypiea was hinted at), but in the trailer they didn't show Water 7 & Thriller Bark, is that still in?

edit : Nevermind, the first trailer shows Water 7, Marineford etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEILtfJSoyc
Only need confirmation on Thriller Bark (and Punk Hazard) but they have made that content already for the previous game and I guess they won't single out Brook :D

Hopefully the improve the story mode from the original (which I'm playing now).

The original story mode was quite well done until you finish Arabasta (and even there it lacked some fights). No SkyPiea, Loguetong and no Thriller Bark was sad. Ennies Lobby wasn't really well done. Sabaody was a cool level even if it didn't exactly follow the canon.

Dunno abot Impel Down and Marineford. I haven't played those two levels yet since I haven't watched that part of the anime yet and I don't want to get spoiled.

If they can get the amount of detail they got in the Buggie - Baratie - Arlong - Drum - Arabasta levels it can be an awesome game.

I guess as they release more games in the series it should be easier to adapt the different arcs. I mean, the original Pirate Warriors is a really cool game, but there was just so much they can do with their budget considering it was the first entry. As they release more OP Musou games I'll expect the character roster to grow and the games to get more contents (since they can spend more time with this instead of having to create + animate new characters).

Piccoro

Bandai Namco's bringing over the Vita version of this, too? Holy crap. What a difference a year makes.

yb3VY9d.png

They did abandon the Vita with Dragon Ball Z, though... :(

oldmario

Man....... this and J Star Victoy coming to the Vita has made me a happy puppy :D

Ironically, Adventure Time game did get a Vita release along with Vita TV :p

BTW this was not a serious comment, just a terrible attempt at a joke.

they never released it on vita at all in europe

I hope it gets a physical release, even if only in Europe or Asia. I ended up importing the English-language physical versions of both previous titles.

NZerker12

YES!!

This is great the one piece games imo are best musou games around, glad it is getting localized.

DAY1 on PS4 and VITA
maybe PC at later time as well

SykoTech

Haven't read One Piece in years but it was a pretty good trailer. I assume it'll be sub only?

The first 2 were sub only, so probably.

Would be awesome to finally get the Funimation dub in though. I really like that one.

EDIT: Just now noticing the PC version. Great. The more people that get to support the western release, the better.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Here's hoping I don't have to import from Europe again to get a physical copy.

Though that was mostly because my poor PS3 hard drive is full.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Whoa, Pirate Warriors must be doing well in North America if they announced it's coming before it came out in Japan. Never thought I'd see the day where something One Piece related would do well in North America.

Dressrosa introduced so many new characters. The roster is going to be packed! Especially if they include everyone from Pirate Warriors 2.

bede-x

I'll take one PC version please. Day one if there's local coop, 50% off later otherwise.

Hope it's a good port with tons of options.

Dressrosa introduced so many new characters. The roster is going to be packed! Especially if they include everyone from Pirate Warriors 2.

We wish. Sabo, Fujitora and Doflamingo are playable, but what other characters will be deemed important/popular enough? I agree, Dressrosa has tons of awesome characters, but I think they're going to spend resources on old characters like Moriah, Magellan, Lucci etc :/

NZerker12

We wish. Sabo, Fujitora and Doflamingo are playable, but what other characters will be deemed important/popular enough? I agree, Dressrosa has tons of awesome characters, but I think they're going to spend resources on old characters like Moriah, Magellan, Lucci etc :/

To be fair, I saw a lot of people wanting those characters playable including myself. Besides I was able to mod my save data in PW2 to make them playable and trust me if given proper movesets those characters will be awesome.
although Moriah and Lucci movesets in PW2 are already good

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Bartolomeo
Cavendish
Kyros
Sai (going by the latest chapter at least)
Diamante
Trebol
Pica (though this might be a case of Ridley-itis)
Baby 5
Bellamy
And from Punk Hazard:
Vergo
Monet

There's likely others I'm not thinking of, but those could work.
Also, don't act like Bartolomeo won't be in it. He's a huge fan favorite now.

To be fair, I saw a lot of people wanting those characters playable including myself. Besides I was able to mod my save data in PW2 to make them playable and trust me if given proper movesets those characters will be awesome.
although Moriah and Lucci movesets in PW2 are already good

Well yeah, I wanted them all playable, especially since they're already in the game. Now that Punk Hazard has come and gone and Dressrosa is in full burst I want newer characters instead! Casear is probably a granted, really doubt anyone else from PH makes it in (maaaaaaybe Vergo but most likely not). Hopefully as many characters from Dressrosa as possible makes it.

But yeah you're right, they would probably be fun to play with as well. I hope they give Lucci his human form for normal attacks and beast form for style action, rather than always being in beast form. Moriah and Magellan would be cool for sure, but I'd take Dressrosa characters over them any day of the week.

Top Bottom