• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1st Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire footage to be shown @ Pokémon GetTV on Sunday

Ehh, I like the Regis as the only remnants of a long forgotten civilisation. If anything, givr Brandon a throwaway line about discovering ancient ruins in another region and be done with it.

I'd love to see the Regi caves expanded though. Turn them into fully explorable areas with more ancient texts and themed wild pokémon.

I am positive Regigigas will be obtainable post game. There'd be no reason not to do so.

lewisgone

I just hope that they allow you to take them off since you would slow down in grass and using the D-Pad to run was annoying.

That would be a good compromise. I liked them in theory - but the fact they took up the circle pad made them more annoying than useful at various points. I prefer to walk around - not even run, a lot of the time. But when walking requires you to move your hand to an unnatural area of the 3DS, you don't want to do it for a long period of time. I understand though that most people probably want to get places fast and that's why I appreciate their inclusion. They also served as a good indicator as to whether you were locked on the "grid" or not, which was useful in some areas.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'll laugh if it's just 3 mins of box art showing.

RE: Postgame

Wait for version 3 since those are the ones that tend to have post-game content. And no, Kanto is not "post-game". If it is then Johto must be really barren.

Pleeease go back to overhead camera and just improve the spritework. :(((

Not another X/Y

Bullshit. Sprites DREAM they could mimic the personalities given off by the 3d models of Pokemon in XY.

What about the possibility it's only in that style because it's the best they could manage to get running at an acceptable framerate?

You do know that they went with that style to mimic Sugimori's artwork right?

JoeM86

Na, the text here clearly says
b0ad8f5d467c8ce9c4ae5gckzb.jpg
World First Footage of the New Games

vareon

My hope is no more "random team goons get a 3D model, gym leaders and elite four get static portraits" nonsense.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I dunno, the static portraits were great and well designed. People wouldn't be oogling at furisode girls, female breeder, beauty, etc. if they weren't portraits.

Keyouta

I want a difficulty selection from the beginning, an expansive post-game (expected as remakes and enhanced versions are good with this), and an improved engine running at least at 30 fps locked. No more dips into the single digits hopefully.

So the B team should be making this, right? They've done really good with their previous games.

IHaveIce

Banned
So was Pokémon X and Y not so good?

Because the excitement for this remake makes it seem like we haven't had a Pokémon release in years
Few new pokemon, no postgame, easy as shit, no high level trainers and frame rate issues.

The game was ok, but if you aren't into online battles the game became boring super fast

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I think the best thing I like about XY is how the 3D models were animated. As much as I like 2D sprites, the Pokemon series barely animated them. Seeing them animated just gives the Pokemon a whole lot more personality, especially when you play around with them in Pokemon Amie.

If they stick to XY's engine then it'll be really nice to see the good ole familiar mons animated.

I also want them to retcon the Fairy Type in :)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I wonder if they'll give the Hoenn Pokemon some graphical updates specifically...past games the remakes would give the Regional Pokemon new sprites, but now I could see them adding new frames of animation (perhaps signature moves?), or making the colors less washed-out.

Also, in an interview during XY, they mentioned one gameplay element, allowing you to "talk with Pokemon" (which was actually mentioned in the original RSE at Devon Corp.), was cut for time. Think we might see that used here?

so im reading up on Heart Gold and Soul Silver
based on those games these should have all the legendarys from Emerald,Ruby,and Sapphire right(sans the few legendary exclusives)

Sandfox

so im reading up on Heart Gold and Soul Silver
based on those games these should have all the legendarys from Emerald,Ruby,and Sapphire right(sans the few legendary exclusives)

Its pretty impossible to predict given that HGSS didn't have its event pokemon and instead had a bunch of legendary Pokemon from other games. There are a lot more legendary pokemon in RSE so they may handle it differently, but we'll have to wait and see.

Wichu

They'll probably have all the legendaries from the origina rse and then some.

Last appearances of 1st, 2nd, and 4th gen legendaries (excluding events and Dream Radar, which required the corresponding DS games anyway):

Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres: X/Y
Mewtwo: X/Y
Raikou/Entei/Suicune: HG/SS
Lugia/Ho-oh: HG/SS
Azelf/Uxie/Mesprit: B2/W2
Dialga/Palkia/Giratina: Platinum
Regigigas/Heatran/Cresselia: B2/W2

Dialga/Palkia/Giratina are pretty likely to crop up, I think. I suspect the 2nd gen legends might be saved for Z for another nostalgia kick like the 1st gen ones in X/Y.

And I'll be shocked if Regigigas doesn't appear again, with the rest of the Regis.

Sandfox

Last appearances of 1st, 2nd, and 4th gen legendaries (excluding events and Dream Radar, which required the corresponding DS games anyway):

Dialga/Palkia/Giratina are pretty likely to crop up, I think. I suspect the 2nd gen legends might be saved for Z for another nostalgia kick like the 1st gen ones in X/Y.

And I'll be shocked if Regigigas doesn't appear again, with the rest of the Regis.

Dialga, Palkia and Giratina were in HGSS.

injurai

Banned

Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza: HGSS

I want a non-event darkrai :(

todd360

RE: Postgame

Wait for version 3 since those are the ones that tend to have post-game content. And no, Kanto is not "post-game". If it is then Johto must be really barren.

LOL. brb gonna go set up a tent and wait for Pokemon crystal remake. SoulSilver wasn't good enough for me.

Berordn

I also want them to retcon the Fairy Type in :)

They're going to be Gen VI games, so they're not going to exclude fairy type.

Even FR/LG, with how much they tried to be recreations of Gen 1, still featured hold items and Steel/Dark type Pokemon and Attacks before the postgame.

Berordn

For this to be a true remake, Fairy type has to go away and they should all become normal.

Remakes always feature the updated rules of the universe at the time they're made.

Magnemite and Magneton were steel type in FR/LG, bite was dark type, the type chart reflected the changes it made in Gen II, etc. In HG/SS they went a step further and didn't keep you from accessing newly added evolutions of the featured Pokemon if you could get them without a stone or some other item.

OR/AS will almost certainly be Gen VI games for the sake of compatibility and accessibility with a new audience.

Number_6

I'm unsure how well that'd work with 3D models and scale, though. With sprites, it's easy to dismiss it, but now with a Wailord following you, it'd be ridiculous.

I don't see the problem. In HGSS, huge pokemon were huge followers. They'd pop back into their pokeballs when you entered a small space. The 3-dimensional environments are still mostly viewed from above, like the 2D games. The pokemon can pop back into a ball for the directly behind-the-back segments, or they can follow behind the camera.

It should be easier to implement here because all the pokemon models already exist, unlike HGSS where they had to make new separate sprites for each and every pokemon.

I want this feature back.

maxcriden

This is probably as good a place as any to ask. What is the likelihood the games will be remade in a 3D style a la X/Y for overworld movement? It's pretty likely they'll still be top-down and 2D in that sense, right?

injurai

Banned
This is probably as good a place as any to ask. What is the likelihood the games will be remade in a 3D style a la X/Y for overworld movement? It's pretty likely they'll still be top-down and 2D in that sense, right?

It's 100% going to be in the same vein.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I honestly expect it to be in a 3D style similar to X/Y, though I wouldn't be opposed to it going back to top-down and 2D.

We can't say whether they'll do camera angle trickks like lumiose city in any areas, but by default itll probably be tthe same as xy.

Berordn

X and Y were still grid based, they just added another method of movement that let you move independent of it.

This'll probably be the same.

Zeppeli

Banned
Since we had Kanto in Gen 3 as remakes, and there hasn't been a single generation where we haven't been able to fight the Kanto gym leaders and champions... Maybe Kanto will be in this game ala Gold and Silver?

Just a silly thought.

Keyouta

The remake games always take on the look of the current generation. Firered and Leafgreen used RS' engine, and Soul SIlver and HeartGold took on DPPt.

These remakes will use an updated version of X and Y's engine.

DaBoss

Since we had Kanto in Gen 3 as remakes, and there hasn't been a single generation where we haven't been able to fight the Kanto gym leaders and champions... Maybe Kanto will be in this game ala Gold and Silver?

Just a silly thought.
Kalos may as well be Kanto in terms of region design and Pokemon availability.

There will be some PWT like thing in the 3rd game, hopefully.

Muzy72

Banned

Seriously. Aren't like 90% of the Kanto Pokémon available in X/Y? Including every starter and legendary.

I hope we see some cool stuff, especially the cities. I really want to see Fortree for instance. I don't suspect we'll see things like bases or anything unfortunately.

Hopefully we'll also get a little sneak peek at a Mega if there are any new ones.

Berordn

Seriously. Aren't like 90% of the Kanto Pokémon available in X/Y? Including every starter and legendary.

More than that, the only ones that aren't are Rattata, Meowth, Koffing and Porygon and their respective evolutionary lines.

And Mew I guess, but Mew never counts.

Zeppeli

Banned

I'm certainly curious to see what X/Y features don't make the cut. Expecting Amie to be gone at the very least.

DaBoss

I'm certainly curious to see what X/Y features don't make the cut. Expecting Amie to be gone at the very least.
I don't think Amie would be cut. Can't get a Sylveon any other way.

Super Training is far more likely to go as it isn't necessary and can be replaced with something much more easily. Amie has had a lot of work put into it to just scrap it.

Top Bottom