• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1st Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire footage to be shown @ Pokémon GetTV on Sunday

woen

I really hope they made some adjustments to the overworld 3D graphics. I was disappointed by the new artistic/graphic shape of the game in X/Y. Hoenn have some gorgeous locations that Kalos didn't have, it could help to have a gorgeous game.

The customization of the trainer was useless as far as only 2 or 3 combinaisons were ok. I don"t like the way the characters look in the overworld too, but I don't think it will change. Here as well, the Hoenn trainer looks much better than the Kalos one (worst ever created).

Can't say if I want the rollers back. It was very pleasant to navigate but it was maybe a little too fast, too simple and the bikes/simple running were useless.

I would like to see "Pokemon following you" feature back too, especially since every Pokemon has a 3D model. I really liked it in HG/SS. It was a real pleasure to catch a Pokemon and see how it looks like in the overworld.

I really hope they made some adjustments to the overworld 3D graphics. I was disappointed by the new artistic/graphic shape of the game in X/Y. Hoenn have some gorgeous locations that Kalos didn't have, it could help to have a gorgeous game.

The customization of the trainer was useless as far as only 2 or 3 combinaisons were ok. I don"t like the way the characters look in the overworld too, but I don't think it will change. Here as well, the Hoenn trainer looks much better than the Kalos one (worst ever created).

Can't say if I want the rollers back. It was very pleasant to navigate but it was maybe a little too fast, too simple and the bikes/simple running were useless.

I would like to see "Pokemon following you" feature back too, especially since every Pokemon has a 3D model. I really liked it in HG/SS. It was a real pleasure to catch a Pokemon and see how it looks like in the overworld.
I'm gonna disagree with you on pretty much everything except for the Pokemon following part, which is basically impossible to implement for this game, so I think you'll be disappointed by the news.

You'll get the protagonist running aimlessly around Littleroot Town and you'll like it!

Edit: Being serious, I don't think we'll get a lot here. Was there an official trailer before the footage of HGSS on Pokemon Smash? They'll probably have a trailer out near Coro Coro if it has anything and if not then at E3.

woen

except for the Pokemon following part, which is basically impossible to implement for this game, so I think you'll be disappointed by the news.

It's not impossible. I remember people saying it was impossible on NDS too. I doubt they have the desire to do it (since it is a great amount of work), so no disappointment.

It's not impossible. I remember people saying it was impossible on NDS too.

I think it might be impossible because all battle models are much higher poly than the overworld models. That includes your playable character and all of the Pokemon.

As X/Y is right now, all Pokemon have a high poly model for battlling, but only a select few have a low poly model for the overworld. They'd have to make low poly models and animations for every Pokemon in order to get the following to work.

Zalman

If this is anything like Pokémon Sunday back in the day, they probably won't show the gameplay until like 50 minutes in.

I think it might be impossible because all battle models are much higher poly than the overworld models. That includes your playable character and all of the Pokemon.

As X/Y is right now, all Pokemon have a high poly model for battlling, but only a select few have a low poly model for the overworld. They'd have to make low poly models and animations for every Pokemon in order to get the following to work.

I see no problem. It isnt like X&Y were 32GB games.

CassSept

You'll get the protagonist running aimlessly around Littleroot Town and you'll like it!

Edit: Being serious, I don't think we'll get a lot here. Was there an official trailer before the footage of HGSS on Pokemon Smash? They'll probably have a trailer out near Coro Coro if it has anything and if not then at E3.

We'll get the scene inside moving truck, the protagonist will jump out, we'll see the Littleroot Town and then cut to the studio to show everyone shouting SUGOI SUGOI.

I see no problem. It isnt like X&Y were 32GB games.

It's not that it won't work, just that it's too much work for a gameplay feature that doesn't add much of anything to the gameplay or longevity, and is at most a neat feature.

(Not that I am saying they shouldn't do it or even that they won't do it. I'm just explaining why I think the probability of it happening is low to the point of being almost impossible.)

Salvadora

Although the announcement of these games did not particularly excite me, I'm quite interested to see any changes to the base games and the graphical upgrade. Something akin to the Sevii Isles would be good, especially considering we didn't get that in HG/SS. That and following Pokemon making a return.

It's not that it won't work, just that it's too much work for a gameplay feature that doesn't add much of anything to the gameplay or longevity, and is at most a neat feature.

(Not that I am saying they shouldn't do it or even that they won't do it. I'm just explaining why I think the probability of it happening is low to the point of being almost impossible.)

Improbable? Yes. Impossible? Not even remotely.

lol, We really should return to RSE's running speed, where you'd go so fucking fast and the game still didn't need gates to load areas.

All that extra space on the cartridge should go to streamed music if they can really fit it. I normally want to justify the games' music based on how data's already crammed into memory, forcing technical workarounds, but I think it's time for the leap into studio recordings.

L.O.R.D

Exactly. Plenty of space left on the cart. Honestly, X&Y could have been so much more. I suspect thEY had to meet deadlines though. B team please come through for me.

the XY cart was 2 GB
maybe OR / AS will be more
or Z ?
till now there is now cart above 4 GB

do they normally release a trailer when they show an exclusive to these children shows?

Every time new info came out for XY in Japan they released a new trailer in the rest of the world. There where plenty of times that Pokemon Smash showed the game but no trailer was released because nothing new was shown except maybe a route or something. We will probably get a a brief trailer since this is the first footage of the game at all, though they might just wait until Coro Coro and group all of the info into one trailer.

Every time new info came out for XY in Japan they released a new trailer in the rest of the world. There where plenty of times that Pokemon Smash showed the game but no trailer was released because nothing new was shown except maybe a route or something. We will probably get a a brief trailer since this is the first footage of the game at all, though they might just wait until Coro Coro and group all of the info into one trailer.

thanks, when is Coro Coro?

Hatchtag

Banned
lol, We really should return to RSE's running speed, where you'd go so fucking fast and the game still didn't need gates to load areas.

All that extra space on the cartridge should go to streamed music if they can really fit it. I normally want to justify the games' music based on how data's already crammed into memory, forcing technical workarounds, but I think it's time for the leap into studio recordings.

I'd be fine with the top speed being like RSE and not as fast as X and Y if it meant that Hoenn wouldn't have to have loading gates. It's lack of them is really part of what makes the region stands out.

prateeko

I'm quite excited for this but I honestly miss the different colored carts on the GBA games. It'd be a lot of work for something small, but I'd love it if the remakes had different colored carts...

Top Bottom