• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

The Pelicans are going to be a perennial playoff team no matter how much their FO screws up because AD is going to be the best big in the NBA in 2 years. And yeah I hate them for it.

Are the Lakers actually better than the Kings? Isaiah and Vasquez are better than Nash and Blake, McLemore and Thornton are better than the Lakers' chuckers, I don't think Jordan Hill is better than Chuck Hayes, Jason Thompson is better than Kaman, and then there's DMC versus Pau and that should usually go to Pau but it's not like he was good at all last year. The Kings seem better without a miracle recovery from Kobe.

If you removed the names of the players and teams and just looking at the production and defensive ability of the guys on the rosters, I don't see anyone projecting the Lakers to be better than a bottom 5 team in the league. I have the race for Randle as:

1. 76ers
2. Suns
3. Lakers
4. Celtics
5. Bobcats
6. Magic
7. Jazz
8. Kings

With every other team in the league being much better than those eight.

Are the Lakers actually better than the Kings? Isaiah and Vasquez are better than Nash and Blake, McLemore and Thornton are better than the Lakers' chuckers, I don't think Jordan Hill is better than Chuck Hayes, Jason Thompson is better than Kaman, and then there's DMC versus Pau and that should usually go to Pau but it's not like he was good at all last year. The Kings seem better without a miracle recovery from Kobe.

On paper no, but the Kings are the Kings. DMC will have to stop acting like a bitch before I will consider them a playoff contender.

If you removed the names of the players and teams and just looking at the production and defensive ability of the guys on the rosters, I don't see anyone projecting the Lakers to be better than a bottom 5 team in the league. I have the race for Randle as:

1. 76ers
2. Suns
3. Lakers
4. Celtics
5. Bobcats
6. Magic
7. Jazz
8. Kings

The Kings are worse than the Lakers but depending on circumstances could get a better record because they will try to win and Lakers might find mystery injuries for Pau and Nash as the season goes on.

I can't believe you compared DMC to Pau, though. Since when did you stop believing DMC was like one of the worst NBA players?

also lol @ Jazz not being bottom 5.

The Kings are worse than the Lakers but depending on circumstances could get a better record because they will try to win and Lakers might find mystery injuries for Pau and Nash as the season goes on.

I can't believe you compared DMC to Pau, though. Since when did you stop believing DMC was like one of the worst NBA players?

also lol @ Jazz not being bottom 5.

The Kings are not worse than The Lakers.

giri

If the Jazz aren't bottom 5, Corbin should get a lifetime contract extension and coach of the year.

Huh? that makes no sense. Jazz have a realistic shot of pushing for a play off seed (all be it a low one) If favors and kanter come together.

diehard

Fleer
Huh? that makes no sense. Jazz have a realistic shot of pushing for a play off seed (all be it a low one) If favors and kanter come together.

3.5 good players on a team isnt good enough to make the playoffs in the West.

Al Jefferson had Favors coming off the bench, Favors has Andris Biedrins.

We will be bad , i just hope its a "they almost won!" kind of bad.

IWMTB said:
I have the race for Randle as:

1. 76ers
2. Suns
3. Lakers
4. Celtics
5. Bobcats
6. Magic
7. Jazz
8. Kings

Swap the Magic with the Bobcats and that's my ranking exactly. We went 3-1 against them last year and we improved more than they did during the offseason. That's not an accomplishment, but what's done is done.

Once Burke and Rush get back (which is only a couple of weeks), I don't see the Jazz being much worse than last year's 76ers team. Hayward is a better offensive player than JRue Holiday, Kanter is basically equal to Thaddeus Young, Rush and Jefferson should produce at the same levels as the 76ers' shooters last year, and Favors is a better offensive player than Evan Turner. They're pretty close in offensive talent to that 76ers' team and that team was 26th in offense which is where the Jazz will probably be around. Defensively, there's enough talent to make up for fit or experience issues so they'll OK there. That's around a 28-30 win team which isn't bottom 5.

And if I'm wrong, we can get Julius Randle or Jabari Parker so it's not bad, but I don't really see how the Lakers project as better. Favors and Hayward are better players as right now than Pau and Nash and Kanter is a solid player whereas the Lakers have no solid players other than Pau and Nash. The Jazz are going to be bad because they can only offensive rebound and protect the rim well, but that's better than the Lakers because the Lakers won't be able to do anything well.

Once Burke and Rush get back (which is only a couple of weeks), I don't see the Jazz being much worse than last year's 76ers team. Hayward is a better offensive player than JRue Holiday, Kanter is basically equal to Thaddeus Young, Rush and Jefferson should produce at the same levels as the 76ers' shooters last year, and Favors is a better offensive player than Evan Turner. They're pretty close in offensive talent to that 76ers' team and that team was 26th in offense which is where the Jazz will probably be around. Defensively, there's enough talent to make up for fit or experience issues so they'll OK there. That's around a 28-30 win team which isn't bottom 5.

And if I'm wrong, we can get Julius Randle or Jabari Parker so it's not bad, but I don't really see how the Lakers project as better. Favors and Hayward are better players as right now than Pau and Nash and Kanter is a solid player whereas the Lakers have no solid players other than Pau and Nash. The Jazz are going to be bad because they can only offensive rebound and protect the rim well, but that's better than the Lakers because the Lakers won't be able to do anything well.

D'antoni sabotaged Pau for an entire season. Favors is not better than Pau right now.

giri

We're entering the John Lucas III era in Salt Lake City.

3.5 good players on a team isnt good enough to make the playoffs in the West.

Al Jefferson had Favors coming off the bench, Favors has Andris Biedrins.

We will be bad , i just hope its a "they almost won!" kind of bad.

3.5 good players is more than quite a few teams in the west will be fielding this year. I aint convinced about Corbin, but there's more drive to win on that Jazz team than several others.

Blablurn

ibnu5dmTHaxzgw.gif

LBJ looks fucking ready. Damn.

I suggest to put |OT| among these quoted lines..
Your team is going to get a better record then ours and your going to like it.

If the Jazz aren't bottom 5, Corbin should get a lifetime contract extension and coach of the year.

We're entering the John Lucas III era in Salt Lake City.

The Kings are not worse than The Lakers.

where's his wheelchair?

Step back into that Bill Russell mode. Perfect.

please tell me they are top 3 protected

Lakers need to bring back Kwame Brown and Luke Walton

|OT| Carmelo's Dream of Failing NY Like His Childhood Heroes Nearly Complete

Serge is better at Halloween than basketball.

|OT| Vinny tier

|OT| We can go 0-82, and we will look at you like we got Wiggins!

|OT| The first time Jordan wishes he losses every single game.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Listen up Bulls fans: What happens tomorrow doesn't mean shit. It only matters what happens in May/June. I'm excited to see if this will be the beginning of the end of this nucleus with Rose and probably Noah being the exception, or the start of something bigger.
Yeah, Bulls fans, no matter what happens tomorrow, you'll still be losing in the playoffs. So, don't forget that.

Malo

Banned
Wanted to hate pierce's face live this year.
D-Rose.
Lebron.
Best friends are both Rockets fans.
fuck the knicks.

Plus, I can barely stay up past 10 these days. West coast games are killer.
Always a good reason to watch the knicks.

MVP

Banned
Kobe is going to drag this shitty team to the second round. 2nd best of all time will be confirmed just by doing that.

Lol then Lebrons 1st best status is cemented by having dragged an even shittier Cavs team way past second round and into the Finals.

Pimpwerx

Does Kyrie have the best handles of all time?

I've focused on handles since I could dribble and followed all the greats, but Kyrie has showed me some shit I never even thought about doing, and it's all appicable to actual structured hoops and not just street ball.

Didn't he say he used to dribble with the ball in a plastic bag? Said that helped his handle a lot. PEACE.

Top Bottom