• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of the Last Hope for Image Quality

11723882133_514645548a_b.jpg
11723881773_5c69bc033f_b.jpg
11723880873_aac442c4c3_o.png

16:9 versions can be found here, here and here.
Full size PNGs (of the 16:9 versions) are just a PM away!

For now. DX11 (and of course OpenGL) would require their own separate paths (which are almost as much work as doing it from scratch). The basic method would work with any API of course, as long as the program asks Windows (and/or the graphics API) which resolutions it supports (and can therefore be lied to).
You can use my code for hooking DX10/DX11 games. It's a bit messy but the compatibility is great (tested over 40+ games). It doesn't work on DX11.2 games though since I never bothered to implement it at the time and don't plan to move to Windows 8.1 anytime soon

Finally got around to trying out SoftTH. It has allowed me to regain some of that long-lost IQ in pCars, though its still tricky.

Anyway, some RUF.

pcars_2014_01_03_04_07_39_674_by_roderickartist-d70m0d9.png

11727269606_41a5dfdaeb_o.png

Durante

You can use my code for hooking DX10/DX11 games. It's a bit messy but the compatibility is great (tested over 40+ games). It doesn't work on DX11.2 games though since I never bothered to implement it at the time and don't plan to move to Windows 8.1 anytime soon
Thanks! I'll have a look once I get everything working in DX9. Still would need to implement separate paths for the scalers and stuff.

Thorgal

Well it looks bloody gorgeous. Much more balanced than most enb presets. Any links to the WIP / development stuff?

As far as iam aware , No sadly .

he said he will release it once the mod is finished .

Problem is that Boris keeps adding to ENB which of course confidence wants to experiment with.

Yeah Boris has been adding a lot of features lately. Caustics, displacement, and all kinds of other effects for water; subsurface scattering for skin, cloud shadows, volumetric sunlight and more. Coupled with my own indecisiveness about how things should look and it makes for neverending adjustments.

Stein3x

@neoenigma
That's pretty much the most crystal clear B2 shots i'll ever see (basically all your B2 shots) :)

Also @MrRoderick ,as always ,we love RUF! The stripes make an interesting eye effect (CA) if you don't immediately focus on the car

@neoenigma
That's pretty much the most crystal clear B2 shots i'll ever see (basically all your B2 shots) :)

Technically, there is a way to do tiledshots... but I'd lose SweetFX. You can use SoftTH as well, but going any higher than 5120x2160 makes taking screenshots almost impossible for me. Not to mention clicking outside of the window gets old after the 56th time. But I'm quite content with this resolution.

I'd love to see Gearbox apply their art style to a more sophisticated engine.

Few more:

11730144665_637fa551ef_o.jpg

11730411503_28d2e89cdd_o.jpg

Yeah Boris has been adding a lot of features lately. Caustics, displacement, and all kinds of other effects for water; subsurface scattering for skin, cloud shadows, volumetric sunlight and more. Coupled with my own indecisiveness about how things should look and it makes for neverending adjustments.

A WIP release would help you get feedback on what kind of adjustments would be good. :D

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Ys Origin

http://abload.de/img/screenshot_2014-01-02l0km8.png[IMG]

Realtime gamma-correct multi-level bicubic downsampling from 10000x5625.

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/settings2oek9r.png

I'm sure I'm late, but what is this?

And this. :lol

Evo X

This thread. Is it possible for one to play ALL of the amazing looking games here? I wish.

Sure it is. Just get a pair of GTX 780Tis. Should be able to run the games posted in this thread at 4K without a problem.

Hell, my single 780Ti can downsample most games.

Top Bottom