• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 MTV Video Music Awards - Sunday August 24 @ 9PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

#endearing

i92n6NaSkCobd.gif

jackb2424

Banned
Just watched Beyonce's performance with my 2 of my friends. None of them listen to Beyonce. For 15 minutes they were in a fucking trance. Never have they seen a woman so beautiful, so energetic and so on point perform like that. This was next level Michael Jackson/Janet Jackson all time great performances.

She just condensed her whole album into 15 minutes and slayed every other pop artist in the process (male or female). I got to see her and Jay Z 3 weeks ago in Pasadena and she is the real deal. She literally did not stop moving.

This was better then JTs performance. If she did all her hits we would still be watching her right now, and she didn't even bring out DC. This was pure talent on stage. Like Michael and Janet there will be no other like her ever. Man that as one the greatest performances ever!!

botty

Banned
Holy fuck I'm so out of pop music. When the hell did the disney channel take over the VMAs lol.

Well... considering Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, and a bunch of other famous popstars came out of Disney... I'd say sometime around the late 90s.

edit: more importantly...

ariana with two stans.
tumblr_naubuyjmWQ1rbdm12o2_1280.jpg

Just watched Beyonce's performance with my 2 of my friends. None of them listen to Beyonce. For 15 minutes they were in a fucking trance. Never have they seen a woman so beautiful, so energetic and so on point perform like that. This was next level Michael Jackson/Janet Jackson all time great performances.

She just condensed her whole album into 15 minutes and slayed every other pop artist in the process (male or female). I got to see her and Jay Z 3 weeks ago in Pasadena and she is the real deal. She literally did not stop moving.

This was better then JTs performance. If she did all her hits we would still be watching her right now, and she didn't even bring out DC. This was pure talent on stage. Like Michael and Janet there will be no other like her ever. Man that as one the greatest performances ever!!
Yep, I saw her in NJ last month. Three non-stop hours of masterclass performance.

In the modern pop landscape, Beyonce is without peer. Her last album only solidified that.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Well... considering Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, and a bunch of other famous popstars came out of Disney... I'd say sometime around the late 90s.

edit: more importantly...

Damn guess you're right, but now the acts I'm seeing tonight sound like they are still on Disney.

Jitters

The thing thats so weird about Katy is how timbre-less seeming her voice is, she still can make a hit and people love her. Her songs aren't that melodic. She is such a great entertainer. I think it makes people ignore it. I kind of view popular music as entertainment anyway.

AVclub

I sure wish this thread used the word "dead" more for no particular reason.

The "awards" show gave away like 5 awards total and 1/3 of their time to advertising and another third to Beyonce. Mtv is such a joke these days.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

The "awards" show gave away like 5 awards total and 1/3 of their time to advertising and another third to Beyonce. Mtv is such a joke these days.

Yea, it was really weird.

:dead: @ you thinking this is a legitimate awards show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom