• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

exarkun

Havnt had a chance to watch his games this year but man he is really turning into a great player.

The sad thing about Goran is he showed this potential with the Rockets. Then kind of had a dip in play as he got used to the suns for about two months, but has been beasting ever since. So about two years now. Giri and I have been singing those praises to the high heavens for a while, but at least now people are noticing.

Red Blaster, Joe had a nasty January and a pretty good december. In the East, that will get you MVP votes.

Gorans great but to some degree he's underachived a bit. He has all the tools you need to be a superstar and has gotten a chance to watch and learn under Nash--when he finally got the green light I was expecting to see him come out like Aaron Rodgers under Favre, but it's taken him all the way until now to really blow up in terms of numbers.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The sad thing about Goran is he showed this potential with the Rockets. Then kind of had a dip in play as he got used to the suns for about two months, but has been beasting ever since. So about two years now. Giri and I have been singing those praises to the high heavens for a while, but at least now people are noticing.

Red Blaster, Joe had a nasty January and a pretty good december. In the East, that will get you MVP votes.
Al Jeffs month was better

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Trying to decide what my favorite David Stern moment is, his Hulk Hogan moment at the 2012 Draft or asking Jim Rome is he still beats his wife.

Trying to decide what my favorite David Stern moment is, his Hulk Hogan moment at the 2012 Draft or asking Jim Rome is he still beats his wife.

That was Sterns "fuck yall ima drop the mic" year

Don't forget basketball reasons and forcing Stan Van Gundy out of ESPN

He got Mike Cuban with a hundred grand fine this year too

People need to let the bear hibernate

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
That was Sterns "fuck yall ima drop the mic" year

Don't forget basketball reasons and forcing Stan Van Gundy out of ESPN

He got Mike Cuban with a hundred grand fine this year too

People need to let the bear hibernate

Basketball reasons is another shining David Stern moment, you're right.

Let's never forget those two months when the league played with a composite basketball, either.

giri

I disagree with all the highlighted. Plus Rondo hasn't played, neither has Rose. Deron has flat out sucked. Lilliard had that explosive start but his numbers have dipped alot as of late.

Irving's regressed but outside of CP3/WB/Steph, somewhat Wall and Bledsoe, his numbers are in line or even surpass alot of those guys. As relio says, he has arguments.

Lillard hasn't been amazing, but i'd take him over kyrie at the moment cause Kyrie has flat out stopped playing D, and he has flat out given up during many games this season. Which should never be rewarded.

Dragic is putting up numbers better than both of them though. And getting his team to win as probably the best player on the team.

DY_nasty

Lillard hasn't been amazing, but i'd take him over kyrie at the moment cause Kyrie has flat out stopped playing D, and he has flat out given up during many games this season. Which should never be rewarded.

Dragic is putting up numbers better than both of them though. And getting his team to win as probably the best player on the team.
Kyrie is pretty much doing the bare minimum to look like a professional ball player these days.

LuchaShaq

Banned
would rather have Marc. Hibbert is nice and all, but getting me 10 points a game aint gonna cut it. Marc has a nice balance of O and D.

And Giri, really? Kyrie not a top 10 point? Dafuq? I think you're letting the fact that hes on the worst team in the NBA cloud your judgement

Kyrie has the worst defense of anyone even in contention for all star votes.

Based on their play this past season or so assuming full health recovery I'd take all these guys over him in no particular order

Lowry
Rose
Mcw
Rondo
Lillard
Curry
Westbrook
Parker
Bledsoe
Dragic
Cp3
Conley
Holiday
John wall
Lawson

None of the above guys are even close in my eyes.

I'd put him as a dead heat with trey Burke/kemba/Isaiah Thomas/the artist formerly known as deron Williams/Jeff teague.

Defense is half the game and kyrie does not even fucking try.

Kyrie is the most overrated player in the league and it isn't even close.

He's a better Brandon Jennings with worse defense.

In five years with a real organization/real coach/half a defensive effort? He can be a top 5 pg, now? No fucking way.

TylerD

I know!

Russ has been providing great gif material for years now.

That he has.

I talked to my dad after we beat Miami and told him how pumped I was for when Russ returns and gets back up to speed. He said something about "Well... I don't know, it might mess up what they have going on right now."

Told him to listen to what the hell he was saying, we are talking about an all-star player and freak athlete. Not to mention one of the best players in the league! He wised up after that.

We will be JUST fine when he comes back. I do have to say that it is incredibly impressive what we are doing without him. I would have been fine with staying in the top 2-4 in the West but at the top with 9 Ws in a row... that KD is good at basketball and our role players have been more than adequate. And when they haven't... fucking KD!

giri

That he has.

I talked to my dad after we beat Miami and told him how pumped I was for when Russ returns and gets back up to speed. He said something about "Well... I don't know, it might mess up what they have going on right now."

Told him to listen to what the hell he was saying, we are talking about an all-star player and freak athlete. Not to mention one of the best players in the league! He wised up after that.

We will be JUST fine when he comes back. I do have to say that it is incredibly impressive what we are doing without him. I would have been fine with staying in the top 2-4 in the West but at the top with 9 Ws in a row... that KD is good at basketball and our role players have been more than adequate. And when they haven't... fucking KD!

Can't beat Heat with him.

Beat Heat with out him.

TylerD

Can't beat Heat with him.

Beat Heat with out him.

kendrick-perkins-face.jpg

I'd love for some team to screw the Heat by giving up a decent C to the Thunder for Perkins. Gortat would be a great get, but Presti isn't giving up Adams to get him. The real killer would be Morey dealing Asik for Perkins and the Dallas first.

GRANTLAND.COM said:
Grantland:Just throwing this out hypothetically, and I’m knocking on wood right now, but if you guys went all the way and could get an artist to come celebrate with you, who would you pick?

Lillard:I’d probably pick Drake.

GL:What would be the song you shout along with him in the locker room?

Lillard:Probably “We Made It.” [Laughs.] If it wasn’t that, it’d probably be “Worst Behavior.” That’s been hot around the team

Sorry Reilo, no more Drake jokes. Your team are all Drake stans confirmed.

KingGondo

Banned
That he has.

I'm with you. And hopefully the last month will result in KD handling the ball more with Russ cutting to the rim and causing general chaos off the ball.

Adams and Perk for Gortat

if you don't chip you'll never chip
Not giving up Adams. At this point, I'm fine with keeping Perk as Adams' backup when his current deal expires.

I'd love for some team to screw the Heat by giving up a decent C to the Thunder for Perkins. Gortat would be a great get, but Presti isn't giving up Adams to get him. The real killer would be Morey dealing Asik for Perkins and the Dallas first.
That deal is incestuous. We originally got that Dallas pick in the Harden trade.

No way Morey would do it either, he'd be creating an unstoppable monster in his own conference if he gave Asik to OKC (and he'd want more than Perk and a first).

YNB-Reggie-Fish
Thabo-Lamb
KD-PJ3
Ibaka-Collison
Asik-Adams

Yikes. And we still have Euro dudes stashed overseas who are tearing it up.

exarkun

Yea...asik aint going anywhere. These DNP: Hurt Feels, tho, are killing the team. We gotta move him fast. And Thrillsap making the all star game doesn't make that trade any easier.

And shoutout to Gondo and TylerD: PJ3 is getting some burn this season. I thought Scottie wasn't about playing him and lamb but hes doing an OK job developing these guys into what the team needs. PJ surprised me in the heat game when he guarded Lebron. Forced him into taking some jumpshots that Lebron prolly didnt want to take but had to. He still made them, but for PJ3 thats some good stuff.

Teriyaki

Kyrie is the most overrated player in the league and it isn't even close.

He's a better Brandon Jennings with worse defense.

In five years with a real organization/real coach/half a defensive effort? He can be a top 5 pg, now? No fucking way.

If Kyrie somehow gets to the Rockets, that backcourt with Harden would be an awesome train wreck to watch on D.

I wouldn't mention any player on the blazers with defense as some praise. One of the worst fucking defensive teams I've seen from the West and it flows with almost every position. It's like they just wait at times to get the ball back to try and score.

As much shit as kyrie has gotten this season, he's in a terrible terrible situation. He at least kept the faith alive last season through the bullshit but I can't really fault such a young guy phoning it in at this point. There's a lot more pressure in kyrie with the cavs than there is with lillard.

DY_nasty

We play the Lakers tonight?

The only way we win is if we inspire Kobe to come back and lead those chumps to the playoffs.

giri

How is he too big to play PF? What they need to do is get a rim protector and slide Cousins over.

He's too big to play in that, everyone you put next to him is physically smaller.

There are very few guys who are actually bigger than DMC in the NBA. Maybe 5?

For that reason he'll always be the biggest guy on the court on your team, which makes him the defacto C. Whether he likes it or not.

I don't disagree that they'd be much better off with a defensive minded stretch 5 next to DMC. But you can say that about a lot of teams. If the wolves could get an agile big to put next to love or pek, their defense would be much better too.

JT is meant to be filling that role on the Kings, but eh, he's having a mediocre year.

Has anyone's career depended on the ability to do at least one thing on the court well as DJ's this season?

Probably not.

I wouldn't mention any player on the blazers with defense as some praise. One of the worst fucking defensive teams I've seen from the West and it flows with almost every position. It's like they just wait at times to get the ball back to try and score.

As much shit as kyrie has gotten this season, he's in a terrible terrible situation. He at least kept the faith alive last season through the bullshit but I can't really fault such a young guy phoning it in at this point. There's a lot more pressure in kyrie with the cavs than there is with lillard.

Eh, the problem with giving guys that do that a pass is that they've stopped developing. They're not learning any of the stuff that the vets have picked up over numerous years of continually going at it, either. Guys who stop busting their ass all the time, like monta ellis, josh smith, become very one dimensional. It's really not a good thing that he's openly giving up whilst on the court.

giri

I didn't realise how close the suns would be to 5th, i was just talking junk. But...

Going into the game against Houston on Wednesday the suns should be 30 - 18. Houston 32 - 17.

Top Bottom