• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Jan |OT| Raymond Felton attempts to eat a Knicks Fan

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Im on the verge of blacklisting them from my own TV, and I haven't really missed a game since 1987. :/

Never thought I would live to see the day where this team is as bad as it is. It all unraveled so quickly. I'm embarrassed as a fan to have this product be a representation of an NBA team.

I place all the blame on Jim Buss, and D'Antoni. More so Jim, he has destroyed a legacy in just a couple of years.

Oh shut. the hell. up.

Signed,
A Knicks fan

linsivvi

The major issue, sources said, involves the Lakers' desire to get an additional asset from the Cavs beyond Bynum's team-friendly contract, which could save the Lakers more than $20 million in salary and luxury taxes. The Lakers are interested in also getting a young prospect or a first-round draft pick as part of the deal. The Cavs have been reluctant to part with either.

LMAO. So the Cavs does want Gasol, which is the exact opposite of what a certain fanboy said, but they don't have the #assets for the Lakers?

Mitch needs to stop fucking around. Saving that much cash + getting worse is enough to part with Gasol.

A pick or a prospect in addition to the savings is too steep.

Would either of these no defense, no athleticism centers with terrible efficiency get any attention if they hadn't played for the Lakers early in their career? Nobody ever goes: "Man, I wonder what the trade market for Amare is right now." other than maybe Dolan.

Vahagn

Considering that the team looks 15-67 caliber on paper (literally lead by Nick Young and Jordan Hill with the corpses of Pau, Kobe, and Nash dragging things down as well), I don't know how bad those stretches are.

point is it's kind of like judging his New York Tenure with his 7 game Linsanity stretch. It was a fluke. Teams go on runs where they play well for 6-10 games all the time.

This Laker team was never good, it just went on a fluke run where all these dribble hand off threes were going in and no one could miss. Then we start going 5-17 on 3's and lose every game and D'Antoni goes "our 3's are abandoning us"...yea because he tells a bunch of mediocre 3 point shooters that there is no such thing as a bad 3 point shot and has no adjustment for when the hot streak ends.

Would either of these no defense, no athleticism centers with terrible efficiency get any attention if they hadn't played for the Lakers early in their career?

Kwame and Chris Mihm played for the Lakers early in their careers too. It's cuz they're skilled big men, former All Stars, and multiple time Champions. It's the same damn reason KG and PP get attention.

Andrea Bargnani and Stat's contracts cost more than TP/Duncan/Manu's combined by about 3 million. If the trade went down like that, the Knicks be expected to win 15 more games this season while the SPurs would lose 17. In other words, fuck the Knicks

Would either of these no defense, no athleticism centers with terrible efficiency get any attention if they hadn't played for the Lakers early in their career? Nobody ever goes: "Man, I wonder what the trade market for Amare is right now." other than maybe Dolan.

There's no specific thing you can point to that explains Gasol being this bad other than age, so it's still worth it to take a gamble.

Vahagn

I thought he meant media attention. Not interest from other teams. It's not like the Lakers are interested in the services of Andrew Bynum. Shrugs maybe I was wrong.

Side Note. During 6-2 Stretch LA went 91/200 on 3's. That's good for 45.5% and 25 attempts a game. During last 6 game losing stretch they went 50/160. That's good for 31.25% and 26.6 attempts a game.

Mike D'Antoni's coaching in a nutshell. "Oh my mediocre 3 point shooters got off their hot streak, regressed to the mean, and are shooting a porous 31% from the 3 point line? Shoot more 3's"

I thought he meant media attention. Not interest from other teams. It's not like the Lakers are interested in the services of Andrew Bynum. Shrugs maybe I was wrong.

Side Note. During 6-2 Stretch LA went 91/200 on 3's. That's good for 45.5% and 25 attempts a game. During last 6 game losing stretch they went 50/160. That's good for 31.25% and 26.6 attempts a game.

Mike D'Antoni's coaching in a nutshell. "Oh my mediocre 3 point shooters got off their hot streak, regressed to the mean, and are shooting a porous 31% from the 3 point line? Shoot more 3's"
You speak as if the team as currently assembled can effectively have a chance another way.

Just stop.

Vahagn

You speak as if the team as currently assembled can effectively have a chance another way.

Just stop.

What the hell is this. I'm pointing out that the only good stretch this team had was when they were ridiculously over-achieving on their 3 point % and your response is "it's the best strategy"?

How the hell is it the best strategy if you're counting on ridiculous bursts of luck. You know what happens when we shoot 45% from the 3 point line? We win close games. You know what happens when we shoot 31%? We get blown out by 20 points.

Wouldn't Knicks fans want to keep Melo? I mean, you guys barely have any picks in the forseeable future so losing him and sucking doesn't really make any sense and if he's leaving in FA you get nothing in return.

The thing about the Knicks is that they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. So you might as well lob a few cheerio jokes.

Karakand

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten
NBA announces the Lakers have been bumped from national TV again. TNT will show POR @ HOU instead of LAL @ CHI on Jan. 20

The Lakers are blacklisted from national broadcasting channels. They're that bad!

time to grow up or go back to horse breeding, jimbo

What the hell is this. I'm pointing out that the only good stretch this team had was when they were ridiculously over-achieving on their 3 point % and your response is "it's the best strategy"?

How the hell is it the best strategy if you're counting on ridiculous bursts of luck. You know what happens when we shoot 45% from the 3 point line? We win close games. You know what happens when we shoot 31%? We get blown out by 20 points.

Is there another strategy that leads to more wins? Spill it, genius.

Truphenom

Wouldn't Knicks fans want to keep Melo? I mean, you guys barely have any picks in the forseeable future so losing him and sucking doesn't really make any sense and if he's leaving in FA you get nothing in return.

Max contract? Not at all, they're not doing shit regardless so I'd rather root for a team designed to suck instead of a team "competing for a title" with 10 wins in January.

Let him walk, let Amare dust away, Tyson help some other team and Pasta can do god knows what somewhere else. Team isn't doing shit regardless.

giri

Pau probably would. He still has value. Maybe not the 35mpg guy he once was, but i think he'd still be very useful off the bench.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Man 2OT's in a row. At this point its clear, the Knicks stay on your mind cause you haters obviously got nothing else....
castroh.png

3VGmN.gif

Only an hour away from getting completely decimated.

Im on the verge of blacklisting them from my own TV, and I haven't really missed a game since 1987. :/

Never thought I would live to see the day where this team is as bad as it is. It all unraveled so quickly. I'm embarrassed as a fan to have this product be a representation of an NBA team.

I place all the blame on Jim Buss, and D'Antoni. More so Jim, he has destroyed a legacy in just a couple of years.

please, fans of other teams have had it much worse.

Top Bottom