• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-2016 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| 2 can play the 1-and-done game

Do we ever do one?

There's usually a tournament thread on the main forum, so I imagine that would be a good place to look and/or start one once the brackets are set.

It's usually one of the regulars that create one. Just excited I'll be in Vegas for the first weekend plus being St Patty's Day too. Go Pac 12!!
except USC. But they look legit decent

Fjordson

Tyler Ulis wins SEC player of the year and defensive player of the year.

Unbelievable considering he was the backup plan for Emmanuel Mudiay. He's become one of the best guards Cal's had at UK.

CdEM7XbWIAEIVR7.jpg:large

Time to get BC out of the conference mang

This is a joke

NC State and Duke are about to tip on ESPN for the right to lose tomorrow to a well rested Notre Dame.

By the same token, Duke has the rest advantage versus State in this game. Neither team is particularly deep.

Dana O'Neil ‏@ESPNDanaOneil 2 hours ago
Syracuse's Derrick Coleman just introduced as an ACC legend. Except he played in the Big East, of course.

Y'all remember those legendary tobacco road battles between Coleman and JR Reid? Me neither.

Tyler Ulis wins SEC player of the year and defensive player of the year.

Unbelievable considering he was the backup plan for Emmanuel Mudiay. He's become one of the best guards Cal's had at UK.

Backup plan? Mudiay is 6'5". Ulis is 5'9". They can't even be used the same way because of the height disparity.

Fjordson

Backup plan? Mudiay is 6'5". Ulis is 5'9". They can't even be used the same way because of the height disparity.
What I mean is that if Mudiay had committed to UK then Tyler Ulis would be playing for Michigan State or Iowa right now. UK felt pretty strongly that Mudiay was a lock, but once it started to look like he was going to SMU instead Cal shifted his attention towards Ulis.

Incredible blessing in disguise. Not sure how Mudiay and the Harrison twins would have worked sharing a backcourt and Ulis this year is pretty much carrying the team with Jamal Murray.

Fjordson

Brandon Ingram is so smooth.

Would it be crazy to take him over Simmons? I'd probably be a crappy GM, but if I were a GM I'd be tempted to take Ingram first.

Bowser

Would it be crazy to take him over Simmons? I'd probably be a crappy GM, but if I were a GM I'd be tempted to take Ingram first.

Not crazy at all IMO. I think when it's all said and done Ingram will be better. He has a more versatile game and crazy length.

Meanwhile I think Simmons jumper is more broken than MKG's was and he doesn't project as an elite defender to mitigate that.

I haven't seen LSU play this year and only know of Simmons lack of shooting from second hand sources, but at least Ingram has a jumper.

I will say that I've been impressed by Ingram's development since the start of the season. From only playing 19 minutes versus Kentucky due to foul trouble (scoring just 4) and only playing 16 minutes versus Georgetown a couple games later because K benched him (scoring 5 points) to where he is now is like night and day.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I really don't mind the 1st trip vs Louisville because I've seen that play 1000 times from different teams but the one vs XRM and the arm grab on Barber are just flat out stupid bad game losing plays.

I'm guessing he and Matt Jones have other shit to do tomorrow and playing ND isn't it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
GG Devils. Season of what-ifs for State.

Like if Lacey decided to stay for a weak draft this year? He gets to be part of the Tyus Jones bad decision club. State had more talent than their finish this year but lost a lot of close games.

Cory Smith
‏@RCorySmith
#Duke rep on the phone ordering a face mask for Marshall Plumlee. Tells Coach K it will be delivered tonight to #Duke hotel. #ACCTourney

Amazon Same Day >>>>>>

ryseing

Like if Lacey decided to stay for a weak draft this year? He gets to be part of the Tyus Jones bad decision club. State had more talent than their finish this year but lost a lot of close games.

Lacey leaving+ Henderson getting hurt, yeah. Hurt our depth and we didn't have a reliable second scoring option. Both of those should be addressed next year.

Arm grab happens all the time in bball.

Notorious court troublemaker grabs the team's only star's hurt arm? Yeah, wasn't intentional. Sure.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
OT but this isn't the best time for a 30 for 30 on the whole Duke Lacrosse mess.Hard to believe its been a decade since

Proelite

Lacey leaving+ Henderson getting hurt, yeah. Hurt our depth and we didn't have a reliable second scoring option. Both of those should be addressed next year.

Notorious court troublemaker grabs the team's only star's hurt arm? Yeah, wasn't intentional. Sure.

The reputation of Allen doesn't make a foul intentional or non-intentional. If the refs called it intentional, then it should be intentional regardless of the player.

DominoKid

What I mean is that if Mudiay had committed to UK then Tyler Ulis would be playing for Michigan State or Iowa right now. UK felt pretty strongly that Mudiay was a lock, but once it started to look like he was going to SMU instead Cal shifted his attention towards Ulis.

Incredible blessing in disguise. Not sure how Mudiay and the Harrison twins would have worked sharing a backcourt and Ulis this year is pretty much carrying the team with Jamal Murray.

Mudiay would've put one/both of them sorry ass twins on the bench or they would've went pro after their freshman year.

Booker not starting over whoever is SG Twin will always be a joke to me.

if the lakers have a choice i'd rather they take Ingram.

OT but this isn't the best time for a 30 for 30 on the whole Duke Lacrosse mess.Hard to believe its been a decade since

ugh now i feel old.

Another year, another team other than Clemson winning the ACC Tournament. They blew an 18 point second half lead and lost to Georgia Tech in overtime.

The Tigers are the only original member to never win one. South Carolina still has more ACC championships (1), and they left the league 45 years ago.

Sorry, Frustrated_Grunt.

Another year, another team other than Clemson winning the ACC Tournament. They blew an 18 point second half lead and lost to Georgia Tech in overtime.

The Tigers are the only original member to never win one. South Carolina still has more ACC championships (1), and they left the league 45 years ago.

Sorry, Frustrated_Grunt.
What happens first, Clemson wins an ACC tourney or Clemson beats UNC in Chapel Hill?

Neither

It looks like Carolina is rolling to the semis.

Today is an "in office" day for me, so I'll miss the Duke loss to Notre Dame. I hope they get a Friday bracket next week for the NCAA first round
loss to Norfolk State.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Thank god that will be our last game ever against Alex Olah.

That a was pretty pathetic win though. Time to get crushed by the Hoosiers now. And then on to the NIT!

Top Bottom