• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'28 Weeks Later,' aka PS4 launch at retail stores - [warning: gifs]

Majmun

Media Markt: "Please don't destroy our stores, enjoy our oasis of tranquility instead"

tde9477_xbonestocke8svq.jpg

Yeah, went hunting for a Ps4 across the border in Germany because it sold out in Holland.. Xbox One consoles everywhere, but no Ps4 units :(

Enlil

That guy in blue? Look again, he's just running past the PS4s for a few steps by accident, then realizes his mistake and tries to get back into the zombie horde.
And then he is never seen again.

If you look closely he does grab one while he is on the ground. He is holding it very tightly. That would have been sad if he was first and went home with nothing.

Sweep14

The clerks in those shops lack sense of humor : I personnally would have put the PS4 stack near the bakery in the shop without telling everybody...

What a show it would have been !!! ;-)

So glad for Amazon and online purchases, in general, as well as a lack of interest in waiting in line anymore for shit. I'm older and I've done these launches and sales lines enough to not to want to do them again. Watching the Euros and Americans go apeshit, literally, makes me appreciate that I was part of the PS2 launch in Akihabara with tens of thousands of people calmly waiting in the frigid dark night and early morning hours of Tokyo in March of 2000. Fucking rabid consumerism of the modern age and good old mob mentality. Gotta love it.

GodofWine

I like how the store trolled the one set of zombie horde by putting the blue and white samsung tv boxes right next to the PS4 clusterbomb...the one guy is like "Oh wait right here YEAAA-NOOOOOOOOOOFUK" and into the pile he goes.

And this has nothing on $3.99 toasters at Walmart on Black Friday...you wanna see a riot, watch what we muricans do for shit we don't need OR want when its cheap.

peace

Neo Member
Holy shit! Why are some still running after they have got hold of a PS4? Can't wait to pay for it and get home?

GodofWine

Holy shit! Why are some still running after they have got hold of a PS4? Can't wait to pay for it and get home?

When you have something that 1000 people right behind you want and cant get, and you already know they will fight for it in a scrum...you dont look back...you just run for it.

RayMaker

Banned
Americans are so dumb with this black Friday stupidity.

and not just the customers.stores owners should be far more strict if the adult customers behave like children or ppl on bath salts.

RayMaker

Banned
Most of this stuff is from Germany though.

Its stupid wherever it is.

it really makes me ashamed of today's society, wouldn't it make so much more sense to make a few simple decisions,

such as

• single file ques
  • anyone running in store will not be served
  • letting in only 20 customers in at a time etc

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Americans are so dumb with this black Friday stupidity.

and not just the customers.stores owners should be far more strict if the adult customers behave like children or ppl on bath salts.
Heh, I wonder if he knows yet.

Edit: will you say tht Germans are so dumb, now?

michaelx

Banned
It's nasty. Luckily for me, we don't have something like this in my country. Online ftw :)

Seriously, I probably couldn't imagine myself there, seems like rugby

Ryuuga

Banned
Its stupid wherever it is.

it really makes me ashamed of today's society, wouldn't it make so much more sense to make a few simple decisions,

such as
  • single file ques
  • anyone running in store will not be served
  • letting in only 20 customers in at a time etc

How do you know that this isn't/wasn't the case in America? I mean you just assumed all this was from there right?

It's nasty. Luckily for me, we don't have something like this in my country. Online ftw :)

Seriously, I probably couldn't imagine myself there, seems like rugby

Your country only sells stuff online? Man that sucks.

What's up with the debbie downers anyway? I don't see any children getting harmed, or guns getting fired. Live a little.

Desaan

Clearly all these people are mentally retarded and we shouldn't make fun of them. I think in the name of science we should put them all in cages and poke sticks at them. I mean, it's not like they could of pre-ordered it 6 months ago or anything, instead of trying to kill each other over a piece of electrical equipment.

Pathetic, yet amusing at the same time.

smr00

Banned
So this is a universal human problem, since they are acting exactly like the Black Friday shoppers in the US.

I got my PS4 from Amazon. I'm content.
At least us americans are stampeding each other for hot deals.

These guys are doing it for a MSRP video game system... Amateurs.

ColEx

Someone should of told these guys that the console will be stocked again in the future, possibly with better games to buy.

RayMaker

Banned
How do you know that this isn't/wasn't the case in America? I mean you just assumed all this was from there right?

Well if they did do those things, they did not do a good enough job.

which still puts the store owners partly to blame considering the same sought of thing has been happening for at least half a decade.

A better idea would be to count stock of popular items, say a store has 50 PS4's for walk ins,

an employee or manager then goes outside and says on loudspeaker ''put your hand up if you want a PS4 without a preorder'', The first 50 people in the que are selected and said you are all getting PS4'S, so there is no need for running or pushing anyone who does will be rejected by security''

Alx

The clerks in those shops lack sense of humor : I personnally would have put the PS4 stack near the bakery in the shop without telling everybody...

What a show it would have been !!! ;-)

Or they could have hidden each individual box in a different part of the shop, and organized a big easter egg hunt. :p
(actually it would have helped spread the crowd)

shuraiya

Or they could have hidden each individual box in a different part of the shop, and organized a big easter egg hunt. :p
(actually it would have helped spread the crowd)

and destroy the entire store, instead of just a small section.

Top Bottom