• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'28 Weeks Later,' aka PS4 launch at retail stores - [warning: gifs]

Sean*O

Insane. I bet many of those sprinters are looking to resale and make a few hundred bucks. Where are the Xbone riots?

I'm glad I had my PS4 peacefully at midnight launch and didn't need to run like an idiot!
No offence but they made fools out of themselves, especially now with online preorders and even in-store preorders so convenient nobody should put himself in that ugly situation!

worldwarps4jre74.gif

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
do not get why people do this. by this I mean 'go to the store'

I'd be running with the rest of em if I actually went to the store.

Mung

Picking up what? A couple of dozens of people running into an electronic store to buy stuff? STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Have you seen the non-events that the media regularly report on? We're not talking about headline news here.

ymmv

Banned
Have you seen the non-events that the media regularly report on? We're not talking about headline news here.

I've seen countless newspaper articles, even video segments on the nightly news when a new Apple device was launched. It was incredible how the mainstream press were falling over themselves making free publicity for Apple by constantly showing photos and videos of ecstatic customers entering an Apple store at some launch events while Apple personnel dressed in blue tshirts were clapping and shouting.

When I went to a Media Markt yesterday to pick up my copy of 3D World around lunch time I asked the clerk about the PS4 launch in the morning and he seemed broken. Shit was absolutely brutal.

GIF version
jcdfx.gif

For everyone preparing for the zombie apocalypse, there's a valuable lesson here: those shitty shutters that keep stores in the mall closed are bad for keeping zombies out.

Of course, you should already know a mall is a bad place to shelter from a zombie apocalypse in the first place.

Enlil

I sold mine for 800,- EURO lol. getting the one I am going to use in december from the second batch. people couldnt wait 2 weeks. I can.

Look at them, they want it so bad they are willing to pay me 800 EURO.

??? @ the store managers? Make a goddamn line and hand them out in order. really simple. No need for such chaos and the potential for injury while damaging the store in the process.

idiots.

IHaveIce

Banned
??? @ the store managers? Make a goddamn line and hand them out in order. really simple. No need for such chaos and the potential for injury while damaging the store in the process.

idiots.

Here were I live they told them to make a line outside in front of the entry, but as soon as the doors opened they just stormed in and fucked everything up, but yeah I agree they should hand out numbers or something

Randam

idiots.

qft.

hand out numbers and let only a few people in at a time.

but like I said, in some stores, there were scenes like this and when the crowd arrived in the electronics department, the employes told them, that all PS4 were preordered and they dont have any to sel freely.

Top Bottom