• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3rd Party Amazon.com Seller (Circuit City) selling 32GB Vita card for 39.99

sonice.jpg

So Nice ^_^

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Considering that they don't even sell the memory cards on their site, and they don't have any of the other memory card sizes on Amazon or buy.com, these probably aren't going to be fulfilled properly.

Sent them an email, probably canceling mine.

anddo0

Wouldn't be surprised if they sent Wipeout and not the card. I ordered a Skylander for my nephew a few weeks ago. The Amazon invoice said Cynder, he got Whirlwind instead. It was a similar pricing/item listing mistake.

Zee-Row

Banned
I really hate myself for missing this. I'm gonna have to stick to the original plan of getting the 4GB and using my PS3 as a fridge.

graywolf323

Wouldn't be surprised if they sent Wipeout and not the card. I ordered a Skylander for my nephew a few weeks ago. The Amazon invoice said Cynder, he got Whirlwind instead. It was a similar pricing/item listing mistake.

two different Skylander characters are much more similar than a 32GB memory cards vs. a game...

madhtr

BTW, if you look at the game page for Wipeout on Tiger Direct's site, they have this return info:

This Product Has Limited Exchange Privileges.
Only defective exchanges for identical item within 30 days of purchase permitted on this product. After 30 days, please contact the manufacturer at: 800-345-7669.

Might want to cancel unless you want to really find out if it's the actual card.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
BTW, if you look at the game page for Wipeout on Tiger Direct's site, they have this return info:

This Product Has Limited Exchange Privileges.
Only defective exchanges for identical item within 30 days of purchase permitted on this product. After 30 days, please contact the manufacturer at: 800-345-7669.

Might want to cancel unless you want to really find out if it's the actual card.

Product was bought through Amazon. It doesn't matter.

GeoramA

Guess I'll contact them and cancel. I really don't want to throw away $40 on a game I don't want.

Will be pissed if they actually send out the memory cards. Shit...

madhtr

Product was bought through Amazon. It doesn't matter.

Since it is still Tiger Direct handling shipping, you'd likely have to do returns through them. They even warn you on buy.com that you have to contact Tiger Direct for cancelling, etc.

Since it is still Tiger Direct handling shipping, you'd likely have to do returns through them. They even warn you on buy.com that you have to contact Tiger Direct for cancelling, etc.

Doesn't matter. You can't sell one thing and ship something completely different.

almost ordered one but it's not worth the hassle if it turns out to be wipeout. i know i would get the money back eventually but i'd rather not deal with shipping it back, waiting on the refund, etc.

kayos90

Even so, it was bought THROUGH Amazon. If there really is a problem thenAmazon will take care of us and deal with Tiger later.

madhtr

Doesn't matter. You can't sell one thing and ship something completely different.

If you look on Tiger Direct, they don't even sell the memory cards. If it does end up being an issue we can deal with the sites we purchased through, then that will be good. I just worry that they will say we have to deal with Tiger Direct directly.

Considering they say that Tiger Direct will be shipping the item and they don't sell it on their site, I am certain we will not receive the item we purchased. Just saying.

Even so, it was bought THROUGH Amazon. If there really is a problem thenAmazon will take care of us and deal with Tiger later.

this isn't exactly true. i've had returns before through a 3rd party seller and had to deal directly with them. amazon wouldn't get involved. i mean the returns were eventually taken care of but not through amazon

If you look on Tiger Direct, they don't even sell the memory cards. If it does end up being an issue we can deal with the sites we purchased through, then that will be good. I just worry that they will say we have to deal with Tiger Direct directly.

Considering they say that Tiger Direct will be shipping the item and they don't sell it on their site, I am certain we will not receive the item we purchased. Just saying.

Amazon sends them what they sent us in our receipt. Tiger Direct isnt getting a bunch of incoming orders via Amazon saying "Ship these people Wipeout". The orders say "Ship 32 gig Vita card". If they don't have them, then they clearly have to cancel the orders or have Amazon cover the mistake. They will not be shipping Wipeout.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Amazon sends them what they sent us in our receipt. Tiger Direct isnt getting a bunch of incoming orders via Amazon saying "Ship these people Wipeout". The orders say "Ship 32 gig Vita card". If they don't have them, then they clearly have to cancel the orders or have Amazon cover the mistake. They will not be shipping Wipeout.

Unless the backend system has an item number mismatch. So tiger direct fulfillment may actually believe you ordered wipeout.

rockx4

That's not exactly true, Tigerdirect most likely imports the data tables from Amazon into their own order system. It'll match the item number they have linked with Amazon, if somehow Tigerdirect has Wipeout in their system matched with the wrong UPC\item number, then it'll show up as Wipeout on Tigerdirect's end.

kayos90

Unless the problem was with the product registry. If that's the case and they mistakenly registered Wipeout as the memory cards then they can totally ship them out. Still their fault though. Seriously, people need to stop worrying. It's a win win.

That's not exactly true, Tigerdirect most likely imports the data tables from Amazon into their own order system. It'll match the item number they have linked with Amazon, if somehow Tigerdirect has Wipeout in their system matched with the wrong UPC\item number, then it'll show up as Wipeout on Tigerdirect's end.

this is very likely what happened. i ain't hatin tho! hope everyone who ordered gets the 32 gb because $100 is overpriced (although i had already bought one at $100...)

madhtr

I have emailed Tiger Direct directly to cancel, as that was the option buy.com provided me. All I can do is wait at this point. Should have looked at Tiger's website prior to making the purchase, I guess.

madhtr

Unless the problem was with the product registry. If that's the case and they mistakenly registered Wipeout as the memory cards then they can totally ship them out. Still their fault though. Seriously, people need to stop worrying. It's a win win.

I'm not sure why they would do that, though, since Tiger doesn't sell Vita memory cards on their site.

Karish

Now the question, if it does indeed ship, is whether or not to sell the 32GB for a profit, thus getting my 8GB card for free, or to sell the 8GB card at cost and get the 32GB at this killer price...

rockx4

I'm not sure why they would do that, though, since Tiger doesn't sell Vita memory cards on their site.

Someone at Tigerdirect screwed up when making the product entry, probably copy\pasted the wrong upc or w/e. Then uploaded to Amazon\buy.com. Amazon will list the item based on UPC.

Ken

Now the question, if it does indeed ship, is whether or not to sell the 32GB for a profit, thus getting my 8GB card for free, or to sell the 8GB card at cost and get the 32GB at this killer price...

If you plan on doing much digital downloads I'd just keep the 32 GB and not have to deal with memory card management for months.

madhtr

Someone at Tigerdirect screwed up when making the product entry, probably copy\pasted the wrong upc or w/e. Then uploaded to Amazon\buy.com. Amazon will list the item based on UPC.

It's weird because the sku number listed on the receipt is not the same as any type of sku listed on tiger's site, so there's no way of knowing. I asked them in my cancellation email to them to explain what the item was that I had purchased, to see what they will say.

Karish

If you plan on doing much digital downloads I'd just keep the 32 GB and not have to deal with memory card management for months.

I actually don't really plan on doing much DD. I'm a big gamefly user and used games buyer/seller...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
It's weird because the sku number listed on the receipt is not the same as any type of sku listed on tiger's site, so there's no way of knowing. I asked them in my cancellation email to them to explain what the item was that I had purchased, to see what they will say.

On buy.com I only had their SKU, TigerDirect's are formatted differently.

Like I said, TigerDirect/CircuitCity don't have them on their site, AND they don't have any other memory cards on Amazon/buy.com. Regardless of what happens, I don't think anybody is getting a 32GB memory card because the distributor doesn't even sell them.

I sent an email to confirm and cancel if they aren't sending memory cards.

madhtr

On buy.com I only had their SKU, TigerDirect's are formatted differently.

Like I said, TigerDirect/CircuitCity don't have them on their site, AND they don't have any other memory cards on Amazon/buy.com. Regardless of what happens, I don't think anybody is getting a 32GB memory card because the distributor doesn't even sell them.

I sent an email to confirm and cancel if they aren't sending memory cards.

Yeah, I did the same thing, but you can buy the other memory cards on buy.com/Amazon, just not shipped by Tiger Direct.

You guys have obviously never been an official seller for Amazon. The receipt the seller is going to stick in the box with every order is going to say 32Gig Vita mem cart. They won't stick Wipeout in there when it obviously says something else. No back-end system is going to change what Amazon lists to them what the customer is expecting. The screw-up you're referring to can lead to what we saw today, but there's error-checking in place to stop from the wrong items being shipped to that many people.

You guys have obviously never been an official seller for Amazon. The receipt the seller is going to stick in the box with every order is going to say 32Gig Vita mem cart. They won't stick Wipeout in there when it obviously says something else. No back-end system is going to change what Amazon lists to them what the customer is expecting. The screw-up you're referring to can lead to what we saw today, but there's error-checking in place to stop from the wrong items being shipped to that many people.

sounds like they're just cancelling orders instead

Greetings from Amazon.com,

We're writing to inform you that your order XXXXXXX from TigerDirect, Inc. has been canceled because the item(s) you purchased were out of stock. Please return and place your order again at a later time.

Our sellers strive to minimize canceled orders. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. In most cases, you pay for items when we ship them to you, so you won't be charged for items that are canceled. In some cases (e.g., you use a gift card or your debit card is processed as a PIN-less transaction), you may see a charge for a canceled item. If you are charged for a canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days. If you have any questions regarding the cancelation of this order, please contact TigerDirect, Inc..

If you're still interested in this item, please search for it again on Amazon.com.

We've included your order details below for reference. We've also included the URL for the item you purchased if you'd like to try ordering from another seller.

We value you as a customer and hope you will continue shopping on Amazon.com.

O_O

The email clearly states it was canceled because the item is out of stock, nothing said about there being a mistake in the listing. I'm still holding out hope.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Well I contacted Tiger's CS through buy.com to see what they say. They took my money through paypal and my order is still processing. Told them to refund me asap if their not sending the card... which it seems like their not based on the amazon cancel emails.

Oh well, worth a shot.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The email clearly states it was canceled because the item is out of stock, nothing said about there being a mistake in the listing. I'm still holding out hope.

Hope that they can send you the wrong product? TG/CC don't even sell the memory cards, there is nothing to send.

Top Bottom