• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3rd Party Amazon.com Seller (Circuit City) selling 32GB Vita card for 39.99

Ran rp

Cancelling my Buy.com order but keeping the Amazon one just in case. Don't feel like dealing with Buy.com/TigerDirect later if I get another WipEout at my door.

The beauty part of ordering through Amazon is that if they do cancel it, you can always send them an angry email and they'll give you a 5+ dollar credit to pacify you.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
We'll see, quit hating just because you missed the boat or don't have $40 to try it yourself.

I did order one ;) But I sent an email to verify the order and cancel if they aren't shipping memory cards. No response yet, but Wario posted one from CAG where they said it was showing up as Wipeout on their end, so it was a product mismatch.

Congrats to anyone who gets in on this since that's really the price those 32GB cards should have been in the first place. I never understood the strategy of overpricing storage media on a closed device when the whole point of it is people buying stuff from your store to put on it.

PSY・S;35289684 said:
Cancelling my Buy.com order but keeping the Amazon one just in case. Don't feel like dealing with Buy.com/TigerDirect later if I get another WipEout at my door.

well Buy.com never listed Wipeout 2048, so we will have to see. I think they would send a cancelation email before they stupidly send out Wipeout 2048

The beauty part of ordering through Amazon is that if they do cancel it, you can always send them an angry email and they'll give you a 5+ dollar credit to pacify you.

Since a bunch of people seem to have jumped on this deal, I'm guessing that if they don't honor it we'll at least all get some gift cards.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Amazon will not close your account because you complain about them cancelling an order.

I've gotten dozens of $5/$10/$20 credits over the years. Tons of them.

Someone on CAG or some other forum got banned from Amazon for complaining too much

I think we would need to know what they complained about.

i saw the thread on CAG. he complained 6 or 7 times in a year about various things: missed shipping date, i think a product had a crinkled edge or something.... i dont remember everything but it is true. maybe he just didn't post EVERYTHING he complained about tho

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
i saw the thread on CAG. he complained 6 or 7 times in a year about various things: missed shipping date, i think a product had a crinkled edge or something.... i dont remember everything but it is true. maybe he just didn't post EVERYTHING he complained about tho

Ive done that way more than 6 or 7 times a year, then again if I told anyone here what I spent on amazon.com a year they would be in shock lol

I guess spending a shit ton on their site and being a prime customer for years has kept me from being banned.

LevityNYC

Banned
Definitely appears that Amazon Fubared something. As an Amazon.com seller, this happens to us all the time. 2 separate ASINs (or SKUs) are incorrectly merged.

Ive done that way more than 6 or 7 times a year, then again if I told anyone here what I spent on amazon.com a year they would be in shock lol

I guess spending a shit ton on their site and being a prime customer for years has kept me from being banned.

like i said, maybe this dude CLAIMED he only complained 6 or 7 times but maybe the truth is he was complaining on every other order or something

PewPewK

Mine still hasn't been canceled. Here's to still having a shred of hope!

It'll be canceled tomorrow, I'm sure of it.

I looked on Amazon, and it shows the card will be shipping soon and I should receive it between the 24 and 29th.

Of course, there's a possibility they still haven't caught it yet.

MrMephistoX

congrats, but did you buy through Tiger Direct or Circuit City?

Same thing with mine: shipped from Tiger Direct w estimated d Delivery estimate:February 22, 2012 - February 27, 2012. I ordered from a credit card just in case so I'll have enough cash on hand for Vita deals in store if it doesn't work out.

Thank you for your recent order. We are writing to you in regards to your recent order. Unfortunately, the 32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card you ordered was incorrectly listed. Our listing should have been for the Sony PSV Wipeout 2048 Racing Video game. The listing you saw advertised is not the item that was transmitted back to our system for your order; therefore it's not what you would receive. We were not aware of this issue until now. We sincerely apologize for this error. We will conduct all efforts to have what you received returned back to us for a full refund. In the event that this does not happen and a delivery attempt is made please refuse your order. If your order is delivered please let us know immediately and we will have this item returned at no cost to you. Thank you again for your time and patience.
Stick a fork in it, gentlemen.

MrMephistoX

The dream is dead seeing if I can get a credit for bitching to amazon in a nice tactful way:

Thank you for your recent order. We are writing to you in regards to your recent order. Unfortunately, the 32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card you ordered was incorrectly listed. Our listing should have been for the Sony PSV Wipeout 2048 Racing Video game. The listing you saw advertised is not the item that was transmitted back to our system for your order; therefore it's not what you would receive. We were not aware of this issue until now. We sincerely apologize for this error. We will conduct all efforts to have what you received returned back to us for a full refund. In the event that this does not happen and a delivery attempt is made please refuse your order. If your order is delivered please let us know immediately and we will have this item returned at no cost to you. Thank you again for your time and patience.

-----
This email was sent using ChannelAdvisor marketplace management software.
Visit us at http://www.channeladvisor.com

------------- End message -------------

For Your Information: To help arbitrate disputes and preserve trust and safety, we retain all messages buyers and sellers send through Amazon.com for two years. This includes your response to the message above. Amazon.com uses filtering technology to protect buyers and sellers from possible fraud. Messages that fail this filtering will not be transmitted.

We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on Amazon.com. Learn more about Safe Online Shopping (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=10412241) and our safe buying guarantee (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=537868).

[commMgrTok:A283AY55003RK]

Jetku

Amazon via Tiger Direct...got the email.

Mine still says 'shipping soon', so I hit 'Request a Cancellation' on Amazon. Ridiculous if they knowingly ship me the wrong item.

Congrats to anyone who gets in on this since that's really the price those 32GB cards should have been in the first place. I never understood the strategy of overpricing storage media on a closed device when the whole point of it is people buying stuff from your store to put on it.

It's an easy way to deflect cost from the hardware. The only really egregious examples previously were the Gamecube memory units (MC 59, lol) and the 360 hard drives. If you're the only shop in town on closed hardware, your consumers don't have a choice either. I'd argue that it really only worked for MS because for about 3 years, a 360 with an HDD was still cheaper than buying a PS3. Not really a comparable situation for the Vita. Hopefully Sony sees the surge in demand at these prices and wizens up down the road.

MrMephistoX

Amazon via Tiger Direct...got the email.

Mine still says 'shipping soon', so I hit 'Request a Cancellation' on Amazon. Ridiculous if they knowingly ship me the wrong item.

Yep I sent a stern email to them and to Amazon warning of such. Spoke with a useless chat CSR who advised to file a report. Hopefully they'll send us a credit at least: if they knowingly ship out the incorrect item and force me to ship it back at my expense while waiting for a refund which may take a week it's patently ridiculous. + Why the hell would anyone even bother purchasing Wipeout from Tiger Direct in the first place when Amazon had it on sale for $29.99 and next day free with Prime.

MrMephistoX

And possibly pay return shipping since it's not a defective product.

Yep, they did say in a follow up email that they will refund the shipping after they receive it but still that's over a week for getting cash back. Again hopefully amazon will respond. I'm not to troll for freebies but this is a case where sending a gift card would be a good customer service move.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
And possibly pay return shipping since it's not a defective product.

Fuck that noise. I have proof of what I ordered. Isn't that info off Tigers own website though? I dont think it works that way if you buy off a marketplace seller on another site. You shouldn't have to pay for return shipping if they ship something out that's not what you ordered.

I'll just have my bank reverse the charge if they dont cancel and give me a hard time.

MrMephistoX

Fuck that noise. I have proof of what I ordered. Isn't that info off Tigers own website though? I dont think it works that way if you buy off a marketplace seller on another site. You shouldn't have to pay for return shipping if they ship something out that's not what you ordered.

I'll just have my bank reverse the charge if they dont cancel and give me a hard time.

Be sure to file a complaint with Amazon as well.

Matrix

Be sure to file a complaint with Amazon as well.

I ordered off buy.com using paypal. I have already sent them a cancel email yesterday after word got out this was 95% likely to be some error besides the price. Just waiting for a reply back.

If this was amazon, it would be easier for me to deal with since I use them weekly.

If I get no response, I'll go through paypal to get my money back.

BurningNad

Just got an email from Tigerdirect through buy.com, my order will be cancelled. Turns out the same thing happened there as it did on Amazon, it was supposed to be for WipEout. Oh well.

Matrix

Just got an email from Tigerdirect through buy.com, my order will be cancelled. Turns out the same thing happened there as it did on Amazon, it was supposed to be for WipEout. Oh well.

Same.

"Thank you for your recent order. We are writing to you in regards to your recent order. Unfortunately, the 32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card you ordered was incorrectly listed. Our listing should have been for the Sony PSV Wipeout 2048 Racing Video game. The listing you saw advertised is not the item that was transmitted back to our system for your order; therefore it's not what you would receive. We were not aware of this issue until now. We sincerely apologize for this error. We will conduct all efforts to have what you received returned back to us for a full refund. In the event that this does not happen and a delivery attempt is made please refuse your order. If your order is delivered please let us know immediately and we will have this item returned at no cost to you. Thank you again for your time and patience.

Regards,

Customer Service
cs@tigerdirect.com

Note: This is a computer-generated email sent from an address that cannot accept responses. Please do not reply to this message, other than by clicking the link provided."

Though it still f-ing says processing on the site. Would feel better if it said cancelled. How f-ing stupid would they be if they ship wipeout.

Matrix

Watch them ship Wipeout and then refund your money. Then ask for their game back. :lol

hah

They can kiss my ass then or send me a printing package slip or box to return it in with pre paid postage.

MrMephistoX

hah

They can kiss my ass then or send me a printing package slip or box to return it in with pre paid postage.

I filed an A-Z complaint. It would be nice if Amazon kicked in some sort of compensation for this but I doubt they will. They did fucking ship Wipeout though despite my cancellation request and the volume of them they must be getting:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Unfortunately, our records indicate that this order has already been shipped with tracking number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. However, it is advisable to refuse this package upon delivery to your residence. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

MrMephistoX

Seriously? The jokers at Tiger Direct are insisting I simply refuse delivery on the package. Kind of difficult considering I actually work for a living and do not do said work from home.

Seriously? The jokers at Tiger Direct are insisting I simply refuse delivery on the package. Kind of difficult considering I actually work for a living and do not do said work from home.

Make it harder on them; easier on you. Tell them to send you a prepaid box for the return. If it even works that way

Top Bottom