• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4/3 - Fight For Relief: Charity Event For JAPAN - iplaywinner x level|up

vulva

yeah, you guys know who I mean then. I must have confused him with jayce since he was younger. Can't remember the young Seth player's name now

Neki

everyone dies to guns.

p.s thor rocks, LOL. justin should really just do the combo that uses tornado hyper in the air instead of the reset, he always has so much bar.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Clockw0rks Doom with that Phoenix Assist was INCREDIBLE.

Akuma just pimp slapped Jean out of the tournament.

DAT HSIEN KO stuffing that frying pan was gold... literally.

Best moments of each char on Wong's team:

Hsien-ko: Stuffing Sentinel's frying pan
Chris: MAGNUM! FLAMETHROWERS! KILLSAT! WHOSE AFRAID OF COMING OUT NOW?
Thor: I don't care if you're the master of magnetism imma throw you and FUCK YOU UP BECAUSE I HAVE ODIN'S BEER

dankir

Okay that was crazy lol!?@!?

Good game, OH SHIT IT'S STILL ON?#@?#?

lol

I like the ending was just random disruptors and air hard drives lol.

Wongs team isnt random, its the team javits told him to use during guard crush and said if he won with it he would paypal him 20 bucks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Justin X-factoring magnum into magnum seemed like the most amazing thing ever..

..until he just OTG killed two characters for the win at once with the magnum. Seriously, what planet was this kid born on.

Neki

enzo_gt said:
Justin X-factoring magnum into magnum seemed like the most amazing thing ever..

..until he just OTG killed two characters for the win at once with the magnum. Seriously, what planet was this kid born on.

boom headshot baby.

Neki

Razor210 said:
I was just messing around with Thor this afternoon.

That Hsien-Ko/Thor combo is amazing.

hsien-ko with gold assist is amazing with anyone to be honest. it's very gimmicky at best.

Dahbomb

Justin be trollin' about the whole "worst" team ever.

Chris is solid and so is Thor. Hsien-Ko sort of sucks on point but JWong still making her work by controlling space, neutralizing projectiles and abusing her sick range on those normals. Crap damage on combos but her technology hasn't been explored. She is far more zoning than rushdown and JWong uses her correctly that way. Besides her assist makes it up for her, JWong showed how rape that assist is when she grabs like 2 characters and Thor kills those 2 characters.

JWong is JWong though, totally some sick stuff winning with a team someone told him to use for $20.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Thanks all. I love this community.

I'll take these stream monsters head on.

I'm powered by FGC.

Thanks to everyone who supported!

Surely Wong's 'worst team ever' banter is simply proof of how well made MvC3 is?

Also thanks to MarkMan for the thread and Jared for the awesome commentary. I couldn't stay up all night to watch but I got my Marvel and SSFIV fix from IPW, and I bought the Tiger Japan shirt, so I feel it was a resounding success.

>$20K, fuck me

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Dahbomb said:
Hsien-Ko sort of sucks on point but JWong still making her work by controlling space, neutralizing projectiles and abusing her sick range on those normals. Crap damage on combos but her technology hasn't been explored. She is far more zoning than rushdown and JWong uses her correctly that way.
Eh. IMO, Justin's performance in this tournament made his opponents look weak more so than it made his team look strong. Few of his opponents respected the armor and got punished for stupid mistakes because of it. When he was running away to stall out his opponent's X-Factor, he didn't think to use air pendulum or air dash to help stall for time. He often got the hyper armor move stuffed on start-up by throwing it out at unsafe times. He also didn't really utilize the gong much until late in the tournament. I mean, if I was in his position, I would have played her vs Arthur on point in that one match no questions asked instead of going ahead with the assist power-up route right off the bat like he did. If there is one single match-up where Hsien-Ko absolutely dominates, it's vs Arthur. He literally cannot touch her unless he spends meter.

Justin's combos were also rather basic but that's actually typical of him no matter what team he's running most of the time. His approaches are so solid and he reacts to his opponents so quickly that solid fundamentals are simply good enough for him. Little flash, lots of substance. It was still great to watch though. Mighty Speech in a match was so good.

Top Bottom