• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999 Designers Working On 3DS & Vita Visual Novel Adventure [Screens]

Status
Not open for further replies.
storafötter said:
Glad to hear it isnt a sequel, I couldnt imagine a good follow up to that story.
999-2!
The nonary game survivors team up with Alice for an all new adventure involving time travel to prevent the Titanic disaster.

:D

Belisarius

Neo Member
If any of you are like me and can't read a lick of Japanese, the title translates to something like this:
極限脱出ADV 善人シボウデス => utmost ADV good person would die

"ADV" presumably meaning "adventure" or something like that and not...uh...adult video.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
BlazingDarkness said:
I don't expect a visual novel would take advantage of hardware?

Either way Vita wins for me because of the screen :)
I just want it to run at the Vita's screen resolution, natively.

Erigu

Belisarius said:
If any of you are like me and can't read a lick of Japanese, the title translates to something like this:
極限脱出ADV 善人シボウデス => utmost ADV good person would die
"Kyokugen Dasshutsu ADV Zennin Shibô Desu" (not "Gyokugen Dasshutsu Adv: Zennin Shiboudes", as that article said) would translate to something like "Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die", but the last part looks like broken Japanese, so the "zennin" might actually stand for / be a pun on "zen'in" / "everybody", as in "everybody dies".

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
flawfuls said:
Dude it's a VN. I doubt there will be anything here that wouldn't be able to run on a regular DS.

wouldn't have worked on a PSP. You can't flip it upside down. And it didn't have two screens.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
ShockingAlberto said:
It's a straight visual novel with some occasional choices and puzzles.

I think Anihawk put it best when he said it's the game Heavy Rain wanted to be.
Cow Mengde said:
It's more of a novel. There is gameplay, but you'll be solving the same 7 or 8 puzzles over and over again trying to get the best ending. The puzzles are solved the exact same way every time. Bored the hell out of me.
The fact that it was a real visual novel, and universally loved by almost everyone I know, is blowing my mind right now. I would've never expected my friends to be so receptive to this kind of genre. I guess it's a true testament to how well crafted it was.

Alrus

Well if this doesn't come to europe (haha fat chance of it happening), I guess I'll buy the Vita version down the line.

LiK

Jinfash said:
The fact that it was a real visual novel and it was universally loved by almost everyone I know, is blowing my mind. I never would have expected that my friends would be this receptive to this kind of genre. I guess it's a true tested to how well crafted it was.

it's one of the best.

GhaleonQ

Is this Tokyo Game Show actually going to be awesome again? I'm getting Virtua Fighter, King Story, and this news on 1 day?!

Erigu

LiK said:
it's one of the best.
Chunsoft's sound novels are pretty damn excellent (... well, maybe not the "-" ones...). Better than 999, I'd say.
Go annoy them so they finally translate and release the old titles, guys! And the new Kamaitachi no Yoru, too!

cosmicblizzard said:
wonder if they'll use the exact same premise for the 3rd time. I do enjoy the trapped scenario.
Based on the title, I'd escape the same kind of gameplay, and thus situation.

Takao

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:
I don't expect a visual novel would take advantage of hardware?

Either way Vita wins for me because of the screen :)

Actually, the resolution difference between the two would make the Vita version look insanely crisp. For example, Little Buster is being ported to Vita, but it will have the highest resolution of any version of the game (and it was released previously on PSP, PS2, and PC).

Thoraxes

Good news all around for owners of any system.
AND we won't get port begging in this thread.threads about any other game now.

Thoraxes

Holy shit, I just re-read it: Chiaki Omigawa!
YES OF THE FOREVER! I love her voice and may import now instead of even waiting just so I can hear her.
In before Duckroll comes in and says something.

Takao said:
Actually, the resolution difference between the two would make the Vita version look insanely crisp. For example, Little Buster is being ported to Vita, but it will have the highest resolution of any version of the game (and it was released previously on PSP, PS2, and PC).
Yeah, that would be more than a 4x resolution increase. Sweetness.

duckroll

Thoraxes said:
Holy shit, I just re-read it: Chiaki Omigawa!
YES OF THE FOREVER! I love her voice and may import now instead of even waiting just so I can hear her.
In before Duckroll comes in and says something.

Omigawa? More like Omg gal wha?!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Well... here's the deal for me. I can't import this on the 3DS, so either Akysys does the fastest quality turnaround ever, or I'm going to have to pick up a Vita
assuming it actually is region-free as per earlier reports.

KAL2006

Banned
I hope this is a sign that publishers will start putting games on Vita as well as 3DS. PSP originally missed out on quite a few japanese games to DS because of the lack of touch screen and the gap in horsepower. Now that both 3DS and Vita have touch as well as both being quite powerful (obviously Vita is moreso) means we should see more multiplatform games. Of ocurse I doubt Nintendo will let games like Layton go on Vita.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
BlazingDarkness said:
Could be good, Vita version for me
I'm thinking 3DS version, if they end up doing clever things with the double screens like they did with 999.

I hope they don't end up generalizing puzzles so that they can simply do a port to both platforms - they should play to each system's capabilities if possible.

GSR

Oh shit, day one buy. And going by 999's sales, I'd say it's got a decent chance of crossing the pond.

KAL2006

Banned
It seems Vita is in a good position it will share multiplatform games with 3DS, as well as share multiplatform games with 360/PS3 as well as share multiplatform titles with iOS/Android/XBLA/PSN.

999 successor is coming on 3DS/Vita, when usually these types of games come on DS and not PSP
Street Fighter X Tekken is coming on Vita/PS3/360
Dungeon Defenders is coming on Vita/iOS/PSN/XBLA/Android

it seems Vita has all bases covered

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Still not sure why so many people are more hyped to get this on the Vita, especially if you've played 999 - there are some things that wouldn't be possible without the dual screen setup. Higher res art is just that much more appealing I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom