• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999 Designers Working On 3DS & Vita Visual Novel Adventure [Screens]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korigama

Hmm, not really enthused about the fully-voiced part (I question if 999 would have worked just as well as it did if that were the case for it), but I am curious to see what this will be about.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Akselziys said:
Aww, thanks, guys XD

Ben and I shall fuse to make the impossible possible /o/\o\

Searches for pics like crazy @_@

fusiondance.jpg

Durante

Awesome, 999 was one of my favorite games of last year, looking forward to this. From Aksys. On Vita. With the original audio track.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Jinfash said:
I skipped 999 even though I heard great things about it. Was it strictly a visual novel with little gameplay, or was it a novel in a loose sense, a la Phoenix Wright?
It was a combination of visual novel + room escape game

LiK

Gonna blind buy any Japanese release cuz I NEED this!!!! WHEN Aksys localizes it, buy MOAR! So excited!

Nix

Banned
Thank you Nix-GOD!!!

Loved 999, but I really hope this isn't a sequel, and is something more along the lines of Catherine. I mean, they should outstretch themselves sometimes ya' know?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Erigu said:
Some names are missing in that cast list though...

Ôtsuka Akio
Ono Daisuke
Omigawa Chiaki
Kugimiya Rie
Sakakibara Yoshiko
Sawashiro Miyuki
Tanaka Atsuko
Tamura Yukari
Naya Rokurô
Noto Mamiko
Hosoya Yoshimasa

Don't even try to dub this one in English. That way madness lies.
Oh... my... God... I need this.

Not gonna lie: 999 was my favourite game last year out of everything I had played that year.

Akselziys, Belisarius... you know what you should do. I'm not going to demand anything, but, y'know... <3

Akselziys said:
DAT KINU NISHIMURA ART! I'm so excited it's ridiculous XD
Me too! That art is gooooood. <3

Erigu

Korigama said:
...Girl Santa?
Her name (or codename?) is "Fi".

Oh, and the article heavily hints at the Yotsuba-looking girl being Yotsuba indeed. Not that you couldn't tell anyway, but...
Same thing for
All-ice
(who's clearly going to be voiced by Tanaka Atsuko).

Nix said:
Thank you Nix-GOD!!!

Loved 999, but I really hope this isn't a sequel, and is something more along the lines of Catherine. I mean, they should outstretch themselves sometimes ya' know?

It's not like 999 was their first game. They've done plenty of stuff. Just hasn't been translated.

Anyway, all this excitement is making me want to finish Ever17. Might get back into that and make an LTTP thread.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Erigu said:
Her name (or codename?) is "Fi".

Oh, and the article heavily hints at the Yotsuba-looking girl being Yotsuba indeed. Not that you couldn't tell anyway, but...
Same thing for
All-ice
(who's clearly going to be voiced by Tanaka Atsuko).

Totally looks like
Clover middle-right, June far left, and possibly Alice far right XD <3

Thoraxes

duckroll said:
All my fucking nakamas betraying me today. :(
Sorry, I'm just kind of a Chiaki Omigawa fan. I stopped mentioned her so you wouldn't leave the Hanasaku Iroha thread a while back, heh.

Anywho, my Mom will probably buy this game if it ever makes it here too, so that's at least two from me.

Erigu

Akselziys said:
Totally looks like
Clover middle-right, June far left, and possibly Alice far right XD <3
The article only points out that the Yotsuba/Clover and
All-ice
"look-alikes" seem familiar though...
I don't think that kind of disguise would help Murasaki/June much,
from the POV of those (players and characters) who've played the previous game...

Jazzem

999 was my 2010 game of the year :eek: I will seriously buy a Vita for this if it doesn't reach Europe (damn that 3DS region lock :/).

It'll be fascinating to see how it works if it is indeed a sequel, I just pray it turns out well and doesn't cheapen the story of the original. I could take or leave voice acting, I was fine with 999's moderate production values letting my imagination filling in the blanks. Would still be really neat to see if done well though.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Erigu said:
The article only points out that the Yotsuba/Clover and
All-ice
"look-alikes" seem familiar though...
I don't think that kind of disguise would help Murasaki/June much,
from the POV of those (players and characters) who've played the previous game...

AHHHHHHH! MY BODY IS SO READY!

I can't wait for Famitsu to update its site
tomorrow morning hopefully <3

I also need a trailer *_*

Thoraxes

Erigu said:
Some names are missing in that cast list though...

Ôtsuka Akio
Ono Daisuke
Omigawa Chiaki
Kugimiya Rie
Sakakibara Yoshiko
Sawashiro Miyuki
Tanaka Atsuko
Tamura Yukari
Naya Rokurô
Noto Mamiko
Hosoya Yoshimasa

Don't even try to dub this one in English. That way madness lies.
Holy shit. I may just have to import and suffer my way through the words I don't know yet. I just have no words for the awesome.

Oh also, dat Clover look-alike. By the way she's drawn, she's gonna totally be voiced by Rie Kugimiya. It's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom