• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies |OT| Because you have nothing better to do

Tapejara

So Advanced Warfare glitched out on me and I didn't get any of the trophies for beating the game. I even played through it on Veteran.

Guess I'm not platinuming this until Sledgehammer fixes the glitch. It's happened to other players as well. Might as well finish off Ghosts in the meantime.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So Advanced Warfare glitched out on me and I didn't get any of the trophies for beating the game. I even played through it on Veteran.

Guess I'm not platinuming this until they Sledgehammer fixes the glitch. It's happened to other players as well. Might as well finish off Ghosts in the meantime.

That's really fucked up i'm so sorry dude, i bet doing veteran is harsh. Also i kinda doubt anyone still has their PS3 hooked but if anyone wants to try exo survival this weekend let me know, hopefully my psn issues will be fixed by tomorrow since i keep getting DC from PSN.

Returners

That's really fucked up i'm so sorry dude, i bet doing veteran is harsh. Also i kinda doubt anyone still has their PS3 hooked but if anyone wants to try exo survival this weekend let me know, hopefully my psn issues will be fixed by tomorrow since i keep getting DC from PSN.

What's your PSN?

daevv

Anyone buying Terraria on PS4? Looks like the trophy list is shared across PS3, Vita and now PS4. Was hoping for a separate one on PS4. Not much point to buy it if I already have the platinum. :(

Dingotech

Currently attempting AKUMU mode Evil Within to see if I've got what it takes to platinum the game. It plus Nightmare mode are the only trophies I need.

I'm hanging in there currently but I'm only up to chapter 5. I'm a tad stressed out knowing that chapter 6 is coming up... I guess that's going to either make or break me in terms of continuing the run all the way through! Right now I'm soldiering on!

Nuke Soda

Picked up 4 trophies for The Evil Within boosting my percentage to 63%, doubt I will platinum this, but I want to get as close as possible before I lose interest entirely.

Tapejara

Anyone on here have Army of TWO: The Devil's Cartel on PS3? I need the Two Heads trophy but I can't find anyone to play with.

mstevens

Platinum #23 - Freedom Wars

This was a pretty simple platinum that took about 51 hours. I enjoyed a lot of Freedom Wars, especially the first 5 CODE levels or so. After that, a lot of the flaws (at least in my opinion) showed up, including a very limited online search system, many server problems including several disconnects (for either myself or the host several minutes into a mission) and lag, horrible ally AI, frustrating staggering or *getting off the ground* animation that would often freeze me long enough to get hit again and again until I died, and the crafting / item system.

Still, many of the core mechanics have a ton of potential and it would be nice to see a polished sequel.

Next up for me is The Walking Dead - Season One, which I've never played. Should be an easy #24.

Joni

I thought Fighting Vipers was easy, and now I have been trying to get "Who Needs Armor?" for over an hour. I'm getting old. I'm going to cry a bit over that.

Tapejara

Platinum #28 - Army of TWO: The Devil's Cartel

Finally nabbed this one. Overall the trophies weren't too difficult, save for some grinding and a few tricky spots on Insane difficulty. The gameplay is solid - if somewhat derivative -, while the writing is no better than a B-tier action film which can at times be quite offensive. In spite of its short comings, The Devil's Cartel was a fun game and enjoyable platinum.

And thanks to Returners for helping me with the "Two Heads" trophy!

daevv

My three year Battlefield 3 Tour of Duty ended yesterday with the last of the DLC trophies to put me at 100% for the game. It's kinda fitting that this might be the last game I play on PS3 as the Battlefield series was a huge favorite of mine last gen. I completed Bad Company 2 twice on PS3 and 360 (including 100% on 360), 1943 twice, Battlefield 3 100%, and platinums in both the PS3 and PS4 Battlefield 4's.

Will lace up the boots one more time for Final Stand tomorrow on PS4 then retire till BF5 in a few years. Hardline looks good but I want war not cops and robbers if that makes sense.

Hoorah!

ps: I may still play some PS3 as I have a shit tonne of unopened/used easy but fucking crap platinum games to play if I ever get the itch to make that run for 100 plats. For now I'm content playing games I like. ;)

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Platinum #6 - Call of duty: Advanced Warfare PS3

This was a pretty easy platinum, loads of grinding was involved since i had to do the exo survival stuff alone. I will probably do it all over again once i get my PS4 since i'm fucking insane. Anyway my next platinums will probably be the Shadow of the colossus & ICO, ICO has a reach the end without dying trophy ugh.

Unlocked all attainable trophies for Luftrausers, too bad the developer never fixed the 2 unattainable ones.

Currently playing Unit 13 and Rogue Legacy. Platinum for Unit 13 shouldn't be a problem, not sure about Rogue Legacy.

Joni

Still can't do Fighting Vipers. So I finished Super Hang-On and Daytona USA instead.

They are very close in length to each other:
(Completed in 45 minutes, 43 seconds)
(Completed in 45 minutes, 42 seconds)

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Platinum #7 ICO

xgSBjiR.jpg

I am a lucky bastard, also fuck yorda.

Heya, nice OP.

Would you mind including http://astats.astats.nl/astats/ and http://metagamerscore.com/ (resources that us Steam achievement hunters use).

4[/url]

Sure i'll add those

Tapejara

Platinum #29 - Killzone 3

This one has been in the backlog for quite some time. I beat the game when it released and only had a few singleplayer trophies left until platinum. Hell, I had even got most of the DLC trophies before now. In any case, I still think it's an amazing game, but fuck the Completist trophy. Might go for the rest of the DLC trophies later, but for now I'm happy with my platinum.

100% - Never Alone

Recent PSN release that I picked up earlier this week. Unique game, but controls could be quite frustrating by the end. Easy 100%.

Next Trophy Goals:

S̶p̶e̶l̶u̶n̶k̶e̶r̶ ̶H̶D̶ ̶-̶ ̶P̶l̶a̶t̶i̶n̶u̶m̶ ̶#̶3̶0̶ I wanted Spelunker HD to be my 30th plat, but the co-op levels are quite difficult solo and it's hard to find people playing. Shelving it for now and moving onto Borderlands.
Borderlands - Platinum #30
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - Platinum #31

Dingotech

Currently attempting AKUMU mode Evil Within to see if I've got what it takes to platinum the game. It plus Nightmare mode are the only trophies I need.

Well I managed to finish the Evil Within platinum! Pretty proud that I managed to stick to it and finish it up.

In the last week I also knocked off the CoD:AW platinum as well. Man the grind on the Exo Survival mode took some shine off the game for me...

Looking to start the following games next -
Transistor
Lords of the Fallen

Returners

Finished Infamous First Light last weekend.

Wrapping up Captain America now.

Playing Army of Two 3 while doing more DLC cleanup.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I got my PS4 yesterday.......strangely i don't feel happier, bah. Also i was trying to platinum Mirror's edge until i finally realized i don't hate myself that much, that shit is hard in a punch your dick sort of way...or maybe i don't like that game enough. I'm gonna work on something else.

drew713

Platinum #10 - Destiny

Pretty straightforward platinum. The only hard trophy is flawless raider and it's only hard because you have to rely on five other people.

Going to try for Shadow of Mordor next.

I got my PS4 yesterday.......strangely i don't feel happier, bah. Also i was trying to platinum Mirror's edge until i finally realized i don't hate myself that much, that shit is hard in a punch your dick sort of way...or maybe i don't like that game enough. I'm gonna work on something else.
I went back to it last year and didn't actually find it that bad.

Getting the DLC makes the 50 time trial stars way easier, since you can skip some or settle on just two stars. And for the speed runs, it helps if you watch other runs on YouTube. You don't exactly need to copy them completely, just enough to get under the time limit.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I went back to it last year and didn't actually find it that bad.

Getting the DLC makes the 50 time trial stars way easier, since you can skip some or settle on just two stars. And for the speed runs, it helps if you watch other runs on YouTube. You don't exactly need to copy them completely, just enough to get under the time limit.

The timing is so fucking tight for the speedrun it pissed me off,you also have to memorize so many little things to even have a chance at making it under the par....that is some work you have to put in. I'll just try to finish Mass effect 2 in insanity for my platinum.

The timing is so fucking tight for the speedrun it pissed me off,you also have to memorize so many little things to even have a chance at making it under the par....that is some work you have to put in. I'll just try to finish Mass effect 2 in insanity for my platinum.

Mirror's Edge is indeed a hard one, but well worth the time. Just keep trying.

100% on Titan Attacks, this one was very easy.

Dingotech

Platinum #40 - Transistor

This was a nice little game to play in between bigger retail releases. I found some of the challenges a bit tougher than I expected based on the trophy guide! I feel like maybe the game could have explained a few of its mechanics a bit better like combos and how they work. Overall highly recommended.

Next to play-

Dust
Lords of the Fallen

daevv

Finshed up Battlefield 4 at 100% only to now hear we will be getting more DLC in the future. Looks like I'll be playing the cursing simulator (what my wife calls the game) in 2015! Currently playing, and loving, Far Cry 4. It's the same as the third one only the chopper makes traveling so much easier.

The Skyrim addon for Mincraft is awesome! Try the demo if you can. They have a small part of the Skyrim world recreated. I'm getting it for the music alone. Will make for great listening while I go for my last trophy (100 days) and platinum.

Tapejara

Ugh, one trophy away from the World at War plat, but half of my boosting group didn't show up last night. Still working on Borderlands, but I also started Scourge Outbreak today which seems to be quite easy.

Returners

Ugh, one trophy away from the World at War plat, but half of my boosting group didn't show up last night. Still working on Borderlands, but I also started Scourge Outbreak today which seems to be quite easy.

If you need help let me know. I got the game too.

Tapejara

Platinum #30 - Call of Duty: World At War

After five years I finally got this. The game was much shorter than I remember from my Veteran playthrough, but it's still dark, dreary and gory as hell. It definitely stands out among the other Call of Duty campaigns.

Platinum #31 - LEGO Legends of Chima

Easy platinum; boring game.

Next Platinum Goals:

L̶E̶G̶O̶ ̶L̶e̶g̶e̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶m̶a̶
Borderlands
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Drakengard 3

Just got my 4th platinum on my newest account, yay.
Borderlands 1.
Pretty easy one I know, but hey, it's a pretty fun game.

The other three I have are:

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Sly 1
Fallout 3

My gaming goal for next year is to get at least 22 platinums so wish me luck!

Returners

Platinum #30 - Call of Duty: World At War

After five years I finally got this. The game was much shorter than I remember from my Veteran playthrough, but it's still dark, dreary and gory as hell. It definitely stands out among the other Call of Duty campaigns.

Heh, I am currently watching a documentary on WWII on Netflix and also had the disc outside got me jonsing to play a WWII shooter.

I'm trying my luck on Veteran right now. Just beat the first mission

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Did you do the online part already?

Tapejara

Heh, I am currently watching a documentary on WWII on Netflix and also had the disc outside got me jonsing to play a WWII shooter.

I'm trying my luck on Veteran right now. Just beat the first mission

Veteran mode is ridiculous in that game. You'll be dreaming of grenade indicators lol.

Did you do the online part already?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I finished the online mode a few years ago. All I have to do is get the collectibles and some miscellaneous single player stuff.

Platinum 65: Need for Speed Most Wanted (Vita)

Got it for free during PSX, thanks to EA. Enjoyed it a lot, felt like a Burnout title. Online trophies aren't that hard and singleplayer can be done quite fast. Probably last platinum this year.

Nintendad

I've only got 8 Platinum Trophies, but plan on getting two or three today.

Up
Megamind
The Back to The Future

Just got my 4th platinum on my newest account, yay.
Borderlands 1.
Pretty easy one I know, but hey, it's a pretty fun game.

The other three I have are:

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Sly 1
Fallout 3

My gaming goal for next year is to get at least 22 platinums so wish me luck!

How long did Borderlands 1 take you?

Tapejara

How long did Borderlands 1 take you?

It's worth noting that unless you already have the "And They'll Tell Two Friends" trophy or know someone who has it that you can play a LAN game with, the platinum is impossible. Damn Gamespy shutdown.

Just a heads up in case you plan to go for the plat, Nintendad.

Dingotech

Platinum #42 - Lords of the Fallen

I really had fun with this one, except for the final boss with his stupid healing mechanic... I enjoyed it much more than Dark Souls mainly because it seemed much more forgiving. I'd recommend the game for sure.

Next up - Far Cry 4 (Coming for Xmas, I'm off to play Forza Horizon 2 for the next few days)

Top Bottom