• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | April 2014 Thread | "Trying To Bring Forth Sanctum 3"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had it on my mind for a while but a goal I had for some time was getting the platinum for MGS4. It's definitely the weakest game in the series that I've played, and looking at the arduous task required for all the trophies had me hesitant to ever start it up, but it was the game I got my PS3 for and I just felt I had to do it.

I took it easy the first playthrough, mostly going through a lot of the more tedious emblems along with fastforwarding carpal tunnel by mashing X through every cutscene for flashbacks. When that gold trophy dinged at the end of the playthrough it was a sigh of relief that I didn't miss any.

Second playthrough I decided to get the big hurdle out of the way, Big Boss emblem run. It wasn't that bad overall, but it had some rough spots. The game being more action heavy than its predecessors helped out on that front. When I got that out of the way, I thought I had the worst behind me. So I was pretty pumped.

iG14i711jhIEw.png

Then I needed to do 6 more playthroughs to get the rest of the emblems.

i7igy3IX6lpxt.png

The game does not do itself any favours by putting forth this task, as the repetition just served to point out just how disappointing 4 ended up being and just hollow a lot of the game is. I never want to tail a guy slowly walking through European streets for a half hour ever again.

But the deed is done.

iMgfGsDDJrEd9.png

I think that's the last time I masochistically task myself to go through achievements/trophies that I know won't be fun, so I feel good ending it with MGS4. My first PS3 game, and possibly my last platinum trophy.

Agent X

I got the platinum trophy in Resogun today! It's my 12th platinum, and also happens to be my 3000th trophy overall.

mstevens

Platinum #12 Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster

Feels good to have both of these done. Unlike FFX, I had never played this one before. I really enjoyed it, although some parts of it got a little tedious after awhile. Trema was pretty hard I thought, but very satisfying to beat. I even enjoyed most of the Last Mission.

On to Child of Light, finally.

Nintendad

I got the Platinum in Walking Dead Season One on Vita last night. Got the 100% and finished up 400 Days this morning. I'm still working my way through Playstation All-Stars on Vita too.

Returners

Unreal is done.

Too bad, I won't be able to finish Midnight Club as well. And people are saying GTA4 is affected as well.

I'm thinking of doing Bulletstorm as EA games got extended to end of June. Anyone interested?

Tapejara

Unreal is done.

Too bad, I won't be able to finish Midnight Club as well. And people are saying GTA4 is affected as well.

I'm thinking of doing Bulletstorm as EA games got extended to end of June. Anyone interested?

I was planning to do Bulletstorm as well.

mstevens

Platinum #13 Transistor

The game didn't click with me at first, but it was great once I found a fun combination of functions. This might be the easiest platinum I've gotten so far, but still definitely worthwhile for people even if they aren't into trophies.

rataplein

i'm working on heavy rain (had to start the game again since i lost the save file [copyright protected]) and enjoying borderlands 2. i'll wait till tomorrow to know if the only borderlands 1 trophy is acquirable. if it is i may buy the psn version, just to play it later.

i have abandoned mgs ground zeroes, gta v, and assassins creed 3.

HUFF PUFF

Finally...done...grinding special and cross moves...

Platinum #70 - Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3)

I have both the ps3 and vita plat now!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
This could be my most productive month in Trophy hunting since I bought my PS3 in Dec '09. Doesn't really say much since it's taken me 4 1/2yrs to get to level 15 & 3 1/2yrs to get 6 Platinums. ;-)

Returners

Reminder: Rockstar is turning off some GTA4 and ALL Midnight Club LA online features for PS3 come June 10th.

Bulletstorm is going end of this month.

Anyone want to do something for those games? Tapejara you in for Bulletstorm right?

daevv

Perhaps switching to a seasonal or even just a yearly OT would be better than monthly.
Achieve Trophies | Summer 2014 | "Go outside and play!" or Achieve Trophies 2014 |OT| "It don't mean a thing, if I don't hear that ping!" for example. We could also get rid of the scoring all together. Most of us are fine with posting questions or our current progress, looking for partners, or last platinum/100% in a game.

If we keep the current monthly OTs there are a couple of options for changing the scoring system to make it easier:
- To cut down on the huge amounts of updates needed for the main page it could only include the select few who actually frequent the thread. Have everyone resubmit their gamercards again and the ones who do not are left off the list until they submit it again.
- At the start of every month those who want their scores tallied for that month must submit their cards within 3 days of the start of the month or be left off. If you want your July scores to be included in the August OT for example you must submit your card within the first 3 days of July.

mstevens

Platinum #14 Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

I (like everyone else) had a PS2, but I somehow missed this series completely. I had a fun time with this game, although some of the mini games were oddly frustrated, even if they didn't take long. I hear that the future games, particularly #3, has even more frustrating mini games so I don't know if I'll be platinuming the rest, but I'm definitely glad I picked this game up.

Footos22

Not posted for a couple of months, But play alot between systems now so not like i can dedicate myself to one game. but since last time i have.

Platinumed Wolfenstein on ps4
100% Child of Light PS4
Platinumed Infamous ps4
100% Fez ps4
100% stick it to the man ps4

1000g Super Time Force Xbox one.
Finished all sp achievements on Ryse. Mp is shit and a massive grind so leaving that at 75% excluding DLC

Entwined PS4 at 58% Game sucks so not gonna bother with challenge mode.

bout 20% on Forza 5

54% Titanfall

About halfway though Max and curse of Brotherhood. Easily tied with time force as best xbox one games so far.

Lima

Platinum #106 - Murdered Soul Suspect

This was a very enjoyable game I thought and the 1000 was very easy too.

Started playing Outlast on the Xbox One. I already got all trophies on the PS4 but man fuck some of these achievements on the X1 version.

Started playing Outlast on the Xbox One. I already got all trophies on the PS4 but man fuck some of these achievements on the X1 version.

For real, I normally wouldn't mind that they added any to possibly add value if you've played it before, but from I can tell the achievement for not hiding under a bed/in a closet is relegated to it's own playthrough because a collectible is inside a locker early on, and doing it on Insane seems insane. Not to mention the extra one they added for no battery swap on Insane, and giving it such large portion of the points.

Will still have fun gathering collectible and then going for a no hide run, but Energiser will be rough.

Joni

I'm doing Wolfenstein: The New Order now, and I'm almost done. Just need two more perks and finishing the game up on Uber. I'm doubting if I'll just do the last chapter on Uber and hope the glitch works; or just replay the entire game on 999 mode.

Lima

For real, I normally wouldn't mind that they added any to possibly add value if you've played it before, but from I can tell the achievement for not hiding under a bed/in a closet is relegated to it's own playthrough because a collectible is inside a locker early on, and doing it on Insane seems insane. Not to mention the extra one they added for no battery swap on Insane, and giving it such large portion of the points.

It's actually not that bad.

I just upped the brightness to max on both the game and my TV (yeah looks like shit then) and didn't need to use the camera at all.

Got all the end of chapter 7 when I was being careless and fucking Walker ripped my arm. I was already in home free mode as you can't really die in chapter 8. Oh well I'll try again tomorrow.

Jomjom

Banned
Is this thread only for posting what trophies you've recently got or do people do anything like boosting online trophies that are ridiculously difficult?

Lima

Is this thread only for posting what trophies you've recently got or do people do anything like boosting online trophies that are ridiculously difficult?

We also do that. If you need a trophy that needs many people though I would suggest signing up for a gaming session on truetrophies.com.

Jomjom

Banned
We also do that. If you need a trophy that needs many people though I would suggest signing up for a gaming session on truetrophies.com.

Ah ok thanks for the advice.

I wish games did away with difficult online trophies. =(

Nori Chan

71st Base 1000 game with Civ Rev, the GWG that was given a few months back. Took me FOREVER to get the last great person to show up.

Any achievement hunters play charlie murder? How easy is the 400?

Tapejara

Ugh. I'm trying to finish up the Bulletstorm multiplayer trophies but it's such a chore. I don't know why developers insist on putting "reach max level" trophies/achievements in their games :/.

Edit: The Bulletstorm servers seem to have been taken down early. Lovely. Well, at least I can finally go back to my regular trophy hunting.

Joni

Platinum #107: Wolfenstein: The New Order.
The glitch way to finish the game on über works great on the PS4. And considering the last level is still the hardest one by a huge margin, it is still a good challenge to finish it. I had more trouble doing Tactical Perk 6. The game is really bad at what is cover, and due to the open levels I always preferred moving around instead of seeking cover so I still had to do half of my kills.

Lima

Just finished up Outlast on Xbox One for 1500 gamerscore. I knew the game in and out already since I've played in on PS4 but man it still got me sometimes.

The DLC was new for me so my first playthrough on nightmare just to enjoy was really awesome. Fucking hell man the guys at Red Barrel are some sick weirdos. That was the shit man. Like what else do you have to do to get an AO rating?

Insane difficulty is much easier than the main game since you only have one enemy that can one-hit-kill you and you only meet him for two very brief encounters.

Good stuff though. I really like this game man. Can't wait to see what these guys do next.

Returners

Ugh. I'm trying to finish up the Bulletstorm multiplayer trophies but it's such a chore. I don't know why developers insist on putting "reach max level" trophies/achievements in their games :/.

Edit: The Bulletstorm servers seem to have been taken down early. Lovely. Well, at least I can finally go back to my regular trophy hunting.

What. Ugh.

I just finished Watch Dogs.

WHY BURNOUT WHHYYY!!!???

A trophy for taking a picture, uggh. Fucking awful, I have to by a playstation eye just to get the platinum in Burnout Paradise.

So dumb.

Returners

Bulletstorm servers are apparently back up.

BHK3

Banned
WHY BURNOUT WHHYYY!!!???

A trophy for taking a picture, uggh. Fucking awful, I have to by a playstation eye just to get the platinum in Burnout Paradise.

So dumb.

get a friend that has one to sign in into your account and take a pic that way. I did this for the majority of my friends back in the day.

Joni

Got to level 30 thanks to Flower. I still have to get Pure and Memories, but it is a nice game to put me over the top.

Returners

Aside from the fifth level, which just sucks. Almost got Pure, but in the section with the falling beams the game just decides I don't need to be able to control the height of my flowers.

There's a easy way to get "Pure". Stay at the top left corner.

So I have 3 games on the go that I'm going to try to plat, before getting distracted by more games.

Dead Space
Sonic Unleashed (I love the game, but some of those trophies uggh)
Burnout Paradise (Found a webcam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom