• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies |OT| Because you have nothing better to do

theaface

Platinum #125: LittleBigPlanet 3

Believe it or not, my trophy hunting has actually slowed down significantly! At least, I've tried to stop playing shitty games just for trophies.

Having completed LBP and LBP2, I can comfortably say LBP3 is the easiest platinum of the series by far. Really, you could be done with the entire list in 2-3 days. There's a lot to like in this game, but it's such a shame it's all over so quickly. You barely get to use the (great) new characters before the end credits are rolling.

Platinum #29 The Evil Within

Really really enjoyable platinum. One of the best hardest difficulties I've ever played. I'm sad the ride's over ):

I need to wrap up First Light and PvZ:GW next.

Platinum's #29 / 1000 GS's #33 - Total 62

Platinum #8 - Trine 2
Wow! What an easy platinum! Took me 3hrs 50m, I haven't even completed the game yet but I've already acquired all the trophies(11 are GOLD, 1 is Silver, and the only other trophy is the platinum)

Returners

Platinum #8 - Trine 2
Wow! What an easy platinum! Took me 3hrs 50m, I haven't even completed the game yet but I've already acquired all the trophies(11 are GOLD, 1 is Silver, and the only other trophy is the platinum)

Yeah, it's one of the easiest plats. The enchanced edition for PS4 is a different story.

To celebrate finally platinuming Dynasty Warriors 8, I decided I'd start The Last of Us Remastered. I went straight for the MP part and was pleasantly surprised to see they changed the DLC trophies to make them much more reasonable.
I figure this time, I'll do the plat and clean everything else. And yeah, I actually love the MP in this game.

I think Noi, GRX and a few others already reached this but I just got to 10,000 trophies. I actually set it up so that the Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty plat would be my 10,000th one, so I'm pretty happy with that.

I think Noi, GRX and a few others already reached this but I just got to 10,000 trophies. I actually set it up so that the Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty plat would be my 10,000th one, so I'm pretty happy with that.
Dang, I'm just about to reach my 1,500th, that's awesome man!
Congratulations! :)

the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle platinum is surprisingly fun and easy to get.
I started playing the game this morning and about 9hrs later I've gotten it, and lucky me the platinum turned out to be my 1,500th trophy according to PSNProfiles.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Second plat ever!

C4jBJOq.jpg

A bit of a grind again but I liked the VN so whatever.

daevv

After semi retiring from platinum hunting I only got 6 platinum trophies last year with the first one not till March. For comparison I obtained 21 platinum trophies in 2013. I was just sick of playing crappy games, getting collectibles, and online trophies. I spent most of the year playing Minecraft on 360 till the PS3 version came out. I also spent alot of time getting 100% of the DLC trophies in both Battlefield 3 (PS3) and Battlefield 4 (PS4).

2014:
Lego Lord of the Rings (PS3)
Portal 2 - My favorite game of all time!
Defiance - Proud of this one. Had a lot of fun till the scaling levels update.
Minecraft (PS3)
Minecraft (Vita)
Farcry 4 (PS4)

This year without even trying I already have 4 bringing my total to 83. I think I may have it in me to go for 100 this year. I'm gonna take a look at my huge backlog of both new and used games and see if I can find the fastest/easiest 17 and see how it goes. I also have some games that are close to the platinum that I haven't played in a long time (LA Noir and X-Men Destiny come to mind). I know 100 is not alot these days but to finally get there would be great. I'll edit or post again with my backlog picks. :)

Montresor

I'm close to the end of Darksiders (360). I should have the 1000/1000 on that game later this week, if not tonight.

I'm also juggling Remember Me (360), Shadow of Mordor (XB1), and Saints Row 4 (XB1). I'm very early in all three games but I plan on getting the "platinum" in all three games over the next month.

Returners

Fudge-sicles

WARNING: Do not buy Monopoly Deal.

That game is ONLINE ONLY. Game is a ghost town.

Bought it and started it before I checked out the trophy list, and now it's on my list forever.

Montresor

I want to retire Advanced Warfare from my backlog. I really loved the single player but I have no interest in the DLC, multiplayer, zombies, or even the exo survival stuff. I only have these achievements left from the base 1000/1000. Which of these can be earned without too much time or effort?

Play 50 Exo Survival Matches (most assuredly will not do this)
Successfully Complete Exo Survival Bonus Wave
Play 30 minutes with each class online in Exo Survival
Flip a map
Flip a map twice

They all sound like you actually have to know what you're doing, lolz. So if they are all time-consuming, I'll go ahead and retire the game at 930/1000.

Fudge-sicles

WARNING: Do not buy Monopoly Deal.

That game is ONLINE ONLY. Game is a ghost town.

Bought it and started it before I checked out the trophy list, and now it's on my list forever.

But you can hide it from your list, right?

Either way, one thing I like is that on XBL you can delete any game that has zero achievements earned. Anyway, I am stuck with Dark Souls on my list, as I gave up shortly after reaching Lordran last year. But I plan on tackling that game again some day.

Returners

I want to retire Advanced Warfare from my backlog. I really loved the single player but I have no interest in the DLC, multiplayer, zombies, or even the exo survival stuff. I only have these achievements left from the base 1000/1000. Which of these can be earned without too much time or effort?

Play 50 Exo Survival Matches (most assuredly will not do this)
Successfully Complete Exo Survival Bonus Wave
Play 30 minutes with each class online in Exo Survival
Flip a map
Flip a map twice

They all sound like you actually have to know what you're doing, lolz. So if they are all time-consuming, I'll go ahead and retire the game at 930/1000.

But you can hide it from your list, right?

Either way, one thing I like is that on XBL you can delete any game that has zero achievements earned. Anyway, I am stuck with Dark Souls on my list, as I gave up shortly after reaching Lordran last year. But I plan on tackling that game again some day.

For 50 matches you can just start a game and die immediately. Flipping a map requires more patience than skill.. You can spam the exoskeleton skill.

The bonus wave is the hardest. The best way is to find a person who has it and invite you to the game.

If only you were on PS4.

Also I found a boosting partner on the fly in Monopoly Deal. Thank god.

Tapejara

Been busy with school, so not much trophy hunting for me lately. I am trying to work towards getting 100% in PlayStation Home, but the "There's No Place Like Home" trophy is so tedious.

Montresor

For 50 matches you can just start a game and die immediately. Flipping a map requires more patience than skill.. You can spam the exoskeleton skill.

The bonus wave is the hardest. The best way is to find a person who has it and invite you to the game.

If only you were on PS4.

Also I found a boosting partner on the fly in Monopoly Deal. Thank god.

Thanks Returners.

Having a nice time with Saints Row 4.

Returners

Been busy with school, so not much trophy hunting for me lately. I am trying to work towards getting 100% in PlayStation Home, but the "There's No Place Like Home" trophy is so tedious.

Wondering if you still want to do some Extinction trophies?

Just wrapped up Army of Two Devil's Cartel. That was a boring game.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Platinum #10: Hitman: Contracts

This was certainly easier than Hitman 2 but still annoying at spots. I have no idea what i'm gonna work on next since i have limited time thanks to ugh working.

Tapejara

Finally, after years of owning a Vita, I've completed all of the Welcome Park trophies.

Yaaaaaay.

I've been playing Motorcycle Club. It seems like an easy platinum but holy crap the game is horrible.

Returners

Not near my PS4 means I'm working through my Vita backlog.

Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified does not have checkpoints, ugh.

BHK3

Banned
So whatever happen to bearded bro and steve? The two juggernauts of the trophies thread are mia! I used to be kinda active in them but one day I just got sick of it, years worth of trophies just caught up to me and I got sick of it, this all started in about 2012.

I went through most of 2011 with no ps3, fallout new vegas being a game that seemed to have been coded by a child caused too many freezes and the ps3 couldn't handle the hard shutdowns anymore leading to it's YLOD. It takes a while to break an addiction but going cold turkey like that hit me hard, once I got my ps3 back after god knows how long I seemingly never relapsed, my trophy lust was kinda gone.

Until this happened
5cb74c7e57.jpg

I did all that in maybe less than 2 days, Transformers was blessed by a developer who put 10x exp boost on forever since the online was dead(so much time farming...done in half a day suddenly) and I was literally 2 trophies away from plat in fallout. Friend bought dantes inferno which is actually a very solid game so that was a quick plat and he also got crysis which I loved as well. "Great, I'm back" I thought, the next few months went the opposite way though. Uncharted 3 ended up being a bad game(come at me), seemed only sentient rocks played payday 1 and blazblue ended up not clicking at all(they announced a new version a week later thats why I actually dropped the game).

Fast forward a few months, months are dry aside from the usual Playstation Plus fodder, platted the god of war origin collection and it just seemed like every game couldn't hold my attention for more than a few hours, games were just so dry and boring or straight up bad. I wanted my last real platinum to be Twisted Metal, but again it was a very buggy game with a online system being held together by strings and being the best Warthog online didn't mean shit when all your kills, games won, played etc. weren't being counted. I got sick of every game being broken and not working, trophies just simply taking too long(I collected 200 of everything too many times because trophy writers have the creativity of wood). The game that I would say truly made me question everything was Choplifter HD, one of the awful Plus fodder games that was just impossible to get 5 stars on everything.

Am I really going to subject myself to this kind of mental grief, play this awful awful game for something most people will glaze over and not go "wow nice job getting that trophy"? Kill 40k ai units in warhammer by myself, play boringshock infinite on 1999 mode because the game is perfectly balanced for that right, don't kill or get caught in dishonored but don't worry we won't tell you that rats eating unconscious bodies counts against you, I was just sick of all of it.

Since 2012 there's been very few games I've actually enjoyed playing, the last platinum I'm proud of is my One piece pirate warriors 1 platinum.
e4a6857dd8.jpg

It was also my 45th platinum! I'm too lazy to get the plat for pirate warriors 2 because I have to do 2 controller shenanigans. I still want a PS4 so I can finally play last of us and things like that. That's my blog for the day.

So whatever happen to bearded bro and steve? The two juggernauts of the trophies thread are mia! I used to be kinda active in them but one day I just got sick of it, years worth of trophies just caught up to me and I got sick of it, this all started in about 2012.

Steve is probably too busy with work and I thought Graverobber stopped. I can relate to the trophy sickness, I have it from time to time. But I always bounce back and pick up where I left.

Plat #66: Killzone Mercenary
10.000 kills took a while, but it was kinda fun. First 2015 Plat.

Diebuster

Platinum #82: Grand Theft Auto V

drakestrut2zokuz.gif

After a glitched playthrough and hours of grinding online, it's finally finished. Feels real good to have this one done.

Tapejara

February Accomplishments thus far:

Platinum #32: inFAMOUS: First Light
Platinum #33: The LEGO Movie - Videogame (Vita)

100% Welcome Park
100% Cel Damage HD (PS4)

Not sure what I'm going to work on next. I'm playing through Rayman Legends, but reaching the final awesome level is going to take some time. I'm getting The Order: 1886 today, so that's likely my next platinum.

Joni

100% - Another World. It has been a long while since I completed a game, will try to get better in the future.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, it's not that hard - it just takes some dedication to reach level 100 in GTA Online...

Now getting the platinum for GTA IV for reaching level 10 online? THAT takes forever!

Here's the thing: i think GTA online is janky as fuck, my first mission consisted of chasing a target that was moving way faster than me for like 20 minutes. Maybe it was a bug or something but it was weird as fuck.

Meta gamerscore pass isn't what was posted earlier in quote. Anyone know what's going on there. Is that site dead?

Also, what's consensus on the easiest PSN plat? :)

Meta gamerscore pass isn't what was posted earlier in quote. Anyone know what's going on there. Is that site dead?

Password is still the same: (quote to see, between quotation marks)

Finally finished PlayStation Home a couple of days ago, I started to think that it might have been glitched.
Currently working on Walking Dead Season 2 (Vita)

Not including the ones people should be embarrassed about, like Hannah Montana, right? I think I'd go with the PS3 version of Trine 2. You don't even have to finish the game, just play it for a 3 or so hours and you should be far enough into it to get the last one.

Here's some other incredible easy ones though:
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Murdered: Soul Suspect
The Order: 1886
Resistance: Burning Skies
Tekken Tag Tournament HD
Terminator: Salvation
The Walking Dead: Season 1
The Wolf Among Us

Montresor

Anybody recently get any Done Unlocking achievements on XB1 and if so, do you know if they resolve themselves these days? I posted about this in the Saints Row 4 OT but no one has responded there:

"So earlier today I got many achievements in Gat Out Of Hell and I saw the GS out of 1000 go up accordingly in the achievements app.

I came home from a friend's b-day party and now I find that the GS for three of those achievements have been removed/subtracted from the total, and those three are stuck at 100% and Done Unlocking. Should I be concerned? This should take care of itself and automatically unlock in a couple of days max, right? I hope so..."

edit: All three cheevos are now popped, nice. *phew*

SxP

Platinum #22: inFamous: First Light

I thought I might struggle with surviving 30 waves in the Challenge Arenas, but I got 50+ waves on my first tries. So, an easy and short Platinum.

Montresor

I'm glad there's a sight like TrueAchievements which allows you to see your completion percentage based only on DLC you own. I have 900/1000 in Trials Fusion, but I didn't like that game at all and have no intention of buying any DLC. On the XB1 achievements app it shows me as having 900/2250 with 40% completion, lolz. That's just ridiculous. Thankfully TrueAchievements is literally built into the XB1 OS as an alternative.

I started Lara Croft Temple of Osiris on XB1 the other day. It looks and feels like a sequel to Guardian of Light, that's for sure. The game play and challenge structure is exactly like I remember. I remember having a ton of fun with Guardian of Light so I think I'll enjoy this.

drew713

Platinum #12 - The Order: 1886

Very quick and easy plat. I enjoyed the game for what it was. Not the best game out there but doesn't really deserve all the hate it's getting.

I'm still working on GTAV and can't wait until Bloodborne comes out this month.

Platinum #5: the binding of Isaac: rebirth.

So happy to get this one, I'm not usually one to go for the plat, but I wanted this game to be all it could be.

Top Bottom