• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies |OT| Because you have nothing better to do

Tapejara

Glad we can delete 0% lists. Means I can finally get rid of Battlefantasia and The Cave (among others).

--

Pretty close to the platinums in SpongeBob HeroPants and uDraw: Instant Artist, just need to find the motivation to finish them. I've been playing Advanced Warfare's Havoc DLC as well, which seems like it's going to take some time to finish.

Xianghua

Banned
Would it be possible now that a new person is in charge of the thread that we get all our gamer cards back in the OP? I liked coming in here and having a one stop place where I could see how I rank with others/what trophies people had been getting lately. Just a thought.

Sure, I will volunteer to do this every month, but only for PSN though.

Just for example, here are the scores of two random people this year so far:

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|PSN             |JAN 2015 |FEB 2015|Comments                                        |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Returners       |     7950|    2385|Let me know if it's not okay to post your score.|  
|AmnesiacWanderer|     2565|    1500|Let me know if it's not okay to post your score.|

If you're interested to be tracked and see your scores every month, post your PSNPROFILES trophy card in the thread and request to be added. I will update in the first week of every month. For now 0 people is in the list.

Happy trophy hunting and gaming!

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Sure, I will volunteer to do this every month, but only for PSN though.

Just for example, here are the scores of two random people this year so far:

Code:
|PSN             |JAN 2015 |FEB 2015|Comments                                        |
|Returners       |     7950|    2385|Let me know if it's not okay to post your score.|  
|AmnesiacWanderer|     2565|    1500|Let me know if it's not okay to post your score.|

If you're interested to be tracked and see your scores every month, post your PSNPROFILES trophy card in the thread and request to be added. I will update in the first week of every month. For now 0 people is in the list.

Happy trophy hunting and gaming!

Umm if people are interested i would be able to update the OP with the info every month. I also could include people's exophase card into the OP just like mine, of course if people are interested.

Xianghua

Banned
Umm if people are interested i would be able to update the OP with the info every month. I also could include people's exophase card into the OP just like mine, of course if people are interested.

Are you interested to get your trophy score calculated every month just like the old days? I can do that every month if you would like.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Are you interested to get your trophy score calculated every month just like the old days? I can do that every month if you would like.

I honestly don't care about that stuff but maybe there are other people who would like that stuff every month i dunno.

Returners

Wrapped up with The Order 1886, quick, but following a guide is annoying for the collectables.

Anyone still playing Borderlands 1? Need to kill Crawmerax.

Also playing Far Cry 4, need to get those co-op trophies.

I don't care about the scores as much as I did before (heh), but I do miss the trophycards.

I feel like we can purge inactive (more than x months inactive) cards every now and then.

EDIT: Doing the monthly scores might burn people out after sometime.

Just_one

New to Neogaf but here is my #50 platinum

Lego Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham (PS4)

Not the best Lego game (that goes to Lego Hobbit , still waiting for 3rd movi dlc) but a very good game.

People sometimes bash lego games because they are Lego games but if you like the theme and have someone to play with , they are absolutely amazing :)

Xianghua

Banned
New to Neogaf but here is my #50 platinum

Lego Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham (PS4)

Not the best Lego game (that goes to Lego Hobbit , still waiting for 3rd movi dlc) but a very good game.

People sometimes bash lego games because they are Lego games but if you like the theme and have someone to play with , they are absolutely amazing :)

I played some of the Lego games but they are actually really difficulty game and too long for me lol. Congrats.

Anyway wow what happened to all the trophy/achievement hunters? In the past the monthly trophies/achievement threads were a lot more active than this. I wonder if it's because of the healthy competition by the scores and ranking that kept people engaged to those threads?

I will try to see if we can get more activities in the gaming forum.

Tapejara

I played some of the Lego games but they are actually really difficulty game and too long for me lol. Congrats.

Anyway wow what happened to all the trophy/achievement hunters? In the past the monthly trophies/achievement threads were a lot more active than this. I wonder if it's because of the healthy competition by the scores and ranking that kept people engaged to those threads?

I will try to see if we can get more activities in the gaming forum.

Thread activity slowed down quite a bit before Steve retired from the thread. Guess there isn't much of a trophy/achievement hunting interest.

netguy503

Thread activity slowed down quite a bit before Steve retired from the thread. Guess there isn't much of a trophy/achievement hunting interest.

There is. The trophy thread in gaming has almost as many pages as this and it was posted yesterday. I think what killed it was being banished to the community section (that's at least why I don't check it as much as I do). I wish the OP of that thread included a link to this thread so everyone knows we are still alive).

Returners

There is. The trophy thread in gaming has almost as many pages as this and it was posted yesterday. I think what killed it was being banished to the community section (that's at least why I don't check it as much as I do). I wish the OP of that thread included a link to this thread so everyone knows we are still alive).

lol. Well I don't know where to post for trophy helps/tips and stuff. This one or that one?

I could see this as place for discussion and then Xianghua can continue doing the monthly to view trophycards.

netguy503

lol. Well I don't know where to post for trophy helps/tips and stuff. This one or that one?

I could see this as place for discussion and then Xianghua can continue doing the monthly to view trophycards.

Doesn't that split the community though (oh the irony of this thread being in community)? The gaming thread shows that there still is clearly a interest and I wish the two threads could just merge again. OP at least update your first post in that thread to a link to this thread. It seems dumb I know as this is all GAF but, personally, I don't check this thread as much anymore because it's in community. Might be true of others as well even if the interest is there (as it clearly is).

Returners

Doesn't that split the community though (oh the irony of this thread being in community)? The gaming thread shows that there still is clearly a interest and I wish the two threads could just merge again. OP at least update your first post in that thread to a link to this thread. It seems dumb I know as this is all GAF but, personally, I don't check this thread as much anymore because it's in community. Might be true of others as well even if the interest is there (as it clearly is).

I don't know why the insistence that this thread be extremely visible to you. If you subscribed you would be getting any new updates anyways.

From what I remember, people post their trophycards in the monthly thread and most never come back to post.

This results in more trophycards but so little activity in the threads apart from people who already post here in this thread. This means more calculation the OP of the monthly thread has to do without any real increase in activity of the thread.

I would rather keep it so everyone can share their trophy stories.

netguy503

I don't know why the insistence that this thread be extremely visible to you. If you subscribed you would be getting any new updates anyways.

From what I remember, people post their trophycards in the monthly thread and most never come back to post.

This results in more trophycards but so little activity in the threads apart from people who already post here in this thread. This means more calculation the OP of the monthly thread has to do without any real increase in activity of the thread.

I would rather keep it so everyone can share their trophy stories.

I wouldn't call it insistence man. I'm just pointing out something and sharing my personal story (that might/might not be applicable to others as their own reasoning too) as why I don't visit this thread much anymore when posters here are saying "I wish more people would post here again/why aren't they?" I'm sharing my thoughts on how to help this thread, a thread I like and want to see thrive and continue. Nothing more nothing less. No "insistence" here and I think if we going about using harsh words like that we will drive people away rather than helping them stay and be happy here (I was questioning about even posting anything else after that tbh).

And sure I could subscribe to this thread and that would take care of my problems...but what about others? What about someone new to GAF who doesn't know the community sub thread or the subscribe feature but shares the love of trophy hunting we all do in this thread? Just offering suggestions and I think adding a link to this thread in the trophy card OP to "bridge the two worlds"(so to speak) is a good first step. But I will continue to be quiet now.

Returners

I wouldn't call it insistence man. I'm just pointing out something and sharing my personal story (that might/might not be applicable to others as their own reasoning too) as why I don't visit this thread much anymore when posters here are saying "I wish more people would post here again/why aren't they?" I'm sharing my thoughts on how to help this thread, a thread I like and want to see thrive and continue. Nothing more nothing less. No "insistence" here and I think if we going about using harsh words like that we will drive people away rather than helping them stay and be happy here (I was questioning about even posting anything else after that tbh).

And sure I could subscribe to this thread and that would take care of my problems...but what about others? What about someone new to GAF who doesn't know the community sub thread or the subscribe feature but shares the love of trophy hunting we all do in this thread? Just offering suggestions and I think adding a link to this thread in the trophy card OP to "bridge the two worlds"(so to speak) is a good first step. But I will continue to be quiet now.

Alright, I'm down with whichever direction is trending towards. If people are gravitating towards either one of these threads we can figure out what to do next.

I do like the idea of adding on the link in the trophy card OP, that way this thread would be more discovered.

On a more on topic note, Resogun's new challenge mode is actually challenging, working on towards 100% that.

Tapejara

Alright, I'm down with whichever direction is trending towards. If people are gravitating towards either one of these threads we can figure out what to do next.

I do like the idea of adding on the link in the trophy card OP, that way this thread would be more discovered.

On a more on topic note, Resogun's new challenge mode is actually challenging, working on towards 100% that.

Speaking of 100%, I meant to reply to your message about the Ghosts and Advanced Warfare DLC, but it totally slipped my mind. I'm down for next week-ish. Zombies is actually pretty difficult, but most of the Ghosts stuff should be easy.

---

Battlefield: Hardline looks like an easy platinum. At first I was just going to get the PC version, but I might grab a PS4 copy when it drops below $30.

Returners

Speaking of 100%, I meant to reply to your message about the Ghosts and Advanced Warfare DLC, but it totally slipped my mind. I'm down for next week-ish. Zombies is actually pretty difficult, but most of the Ghosts stuff should be easy.

---

Battlefield: Hardline looks like an easy platinum. At first I was just going to get the PC version, but I might grab a PS4 copy when it drops below $30.

Alright. Msg me.

Anyone down for the 2 Far Cry 4 co-op trophy?

Xianghua

Banned
I wish the OP of that thread included a link to this thread so everyone knows we are still alive).

Done and of course that is the plan. Let's join forces for a more thriving trophy/achievements community!

Don't need to draw the line like that as we are all Trophy/Achievement Hunters and Games lovers! So it doesn't have to be either/or. You can do that in both places! :D

For me I go to both places whenever there are something interesting going on.

Returners said:

I am completely fine with that. Just share your stories and gaming whenever you feel like it.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK! I was playing Arkham asylum and i gotta get 50000 points in the rumble in the jungle extreme challenge AGAIN because i ran into a weird upload your score bug. I gotta do it once more or no 100% trophy :/ This shit blows.

I haven't posted here in awhile. I got WatchDogs and surprisingly the mutiplayer trophies were really easy. I think it took 15 hacking missions to win 10. It's pretty fun.

Platinum #30 Infamous First Light
Fun game, easy plat. The survival challenges had some decent challenge to them.

Platinum #31 LittleBigPlanet 3
Easy. Fun little game. Annoying online issues.

Platinum #32 Murdered Soul Suspect
Eh. No map for the hub. I despise that.Short dull.

Platinum #33 Walking Dead Season 1
Made me cry again on PS4.

Platinum #34 Evolve
Would not recommend platting, huge time sink.

Platinum #35 Saints Row 4 Reelected
Rowdy Roddy Piper approves of this plat. Tedious but easy.

Platinum #36 The Order 1886
No comment. Short easy plat.

Platinum's #36 / 1000 GS's #33 - Total 69

Returners

Had to delete my user and resync my trophies because DJ Hero 2 messed it up big time.

Process takes eons.

Anyone looked at Battlefield Hardline? Hopefully those weapon trophies aren't tied to levels (but they probably will)

JSoup

Banned
Not a plat, but finally finished off Playstation Home. I'll actually miss it, was sorta fun to play with from time to time.

This. The LEGO games have always been reasonably priced, fun games and I really can't ask for much more. There have only been maybe two TT LEGO games that I felt were weak and even then they weren't really "bad".

Quote this post.

Thanks!

Joni

More because they become quite boring due to the length and the amount of times you need to replay them.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Not a plat, but finally finished off Playstation Home. I'll actually miss it, was sorta fun to play with from time to time.
!

Good for you! I'm in the middle of trying to 100% Home but i honestly don't think i have enough days left in calendar to get the 50 days trophy :(

Tapejara

Good for you! I'm in the middle of trying to 100% Home but i honestly don't think i have enough days left in calendar to get the 50 days trophy :(

I'm somewhere between 40-43 days. I still have time, but I can't afford to skip any days. I've also read that days only count if you log in after the Home server updates, but I can't confirm that. Knew I shouldn't have waited till the last minute.

netguy503

I'm somewhere between 40-43 days. I still have time, but I can't afford to skip any days. I've also read that days only count if you log in after the Home server updates, but I can't confirm that. Knew I shouldn't have waited till the last minute.

It's just a gold trophy. I'm good. :)

Just_one

working my way up to platinum watch dogs but man is this game HUGE! so many things to do!!! finishing ALL the sides missions seems a bit to much to be honest.

already did the drinking game trophy , QTE drinking game was easy but the analog one did it with my wife´s help , she did the left analog and i the right one , its easier that way.

are the online trophies easy? i know the 10 races is easy but what about the rest?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
God i have been trying to Platinum Mafia 2 and oh my god that game is boring as fuck, what the fuck, it doesn't help that it looks like shit on PS3. Also apparently the game has a bunch of collectibles so that's great too. Did people liked that game?

Returners

God i have been trying to Platinum Mafia 2 and oh my god that game is boring as fuck, what the fuck, it doesn't help that it looks like shit on PS3. Also apparently the game has a bunch of collectibles so that's great too. Did people liked that game?

I platinumed that game. I stopped at the crappy dlcs.

Fee

I just finished up the Final Fantasy Type-0 plat, it took about 30ish hours in total. I'm super glad i was able to get it out of the way before Bloodborne.

mstevens

Platinum #28 - Grim Fandango

Very easy platinum and a great game (it was my first time playing it).

I just picked up my first PS3, so hopefully I'll be adding many more platinums to my list on that.

Joni

Finished up my 55 Story Levels and my 10 Challenge levels in Fat Princess: Piece of Cake. Just need to do the last 60% of the match 5. That is only at max 333 times level 3 left.

Finally finished PVZ and Velocity 2x. Clearing the backlog I guess.

Platinum 37: Watch_Dogs

Straight forward for the most part. The only 3 things that could cause trouble were the mutiplayer trophies depending on skill, the drinking minigame(which will likely be frustrating regardless of skill), and collecting songs 3 of which are entirely luck based. The drinking minigame was patched but it's still a bitch. No other side activity trophy makes you do as much. I'm not sure what they were thinking.

Platinum 38: Velocity 2x

Mighty proud of this one. 0.2% and entirely skill based. It's been sitting in my backlog since November with only 1 mission left to perfect. The hardest part was perfecting the asynchronous levels. My brain doesn't do asynchronous flight well, but damn if completing them wasn't satisfying.

Platinum 39: Final Fantasy Type 0 HD

Another straight forward easy platinum. Odd considering I'm still seeing people comment on it's difficulty. Timing was important, but it that was it. Perspective I guess.
Honorary mention to all the brave panties who sacrificed themselves to bring me this platinum.

Platinum 40: Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare.

Straight forward. This one is slighty harder. Really skill and slighty luck based with player matching. The inherent problem with mutiplayer games is the futher you get from release the better the players become. Which results in shunned newcomers and a lower player base. I also suspect that this game didn't sell well on PS4 and the free PSX present was to get some microtransaction money. In any case, the playerbase seems to be dropping rapidly. This might be nearly unobtainable soon, unless you're really skilled.

Bloodborne next!

Platinum's #40 / 1000 GS's #33 (120,785) - Total 73

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
o8PJ7zx.png

Virtue's Last Reward, fantastic game. Very easy plat as well. ZE3 needs to happen asap.

netguy503

I stopped at 93% on my Lego Batman 3 run. There were too many races in this game and I was losing patience. I got to 95% in game completion (the rest were all races) and I was like "Nope, I don't care enough". Getting older and having less time for games (especially games you don't really care about) is definitely a factor. Seriously, that game has the most races in a Lego game I've ever seen. I haven't 100% Lego Marvel but it can't be that bad. Can it?

Also I can't make a thread cause I'm a junior (maybe someone else can? I'm sure GAF would want to hear about this) but I just got Driveclub PS4 for $20 at gamestop. You have to buy a pre-owned copy of it that is $30 regular, $25 w/poweruprewards card, and $20 if you apply a 20% off preowned games coupon to it. I don't know how long the deal will last so get it while you can.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic...new-copy-used-copy-for-2351-with-coupon-code/

JSoup

Banned
Seriously, that game has the most races in a Lego game I've ever seen. I haven't 100% Lego Marvel but it can't be that bad. Can it?

Working on this game right now. While there are more races, they aren't as dumb as the ones in LEGO Marvel (no crazy taxi shit and very little fighting with spotting flight mechanics).

netguy503

Working on this game right now. While there are more races, they aren't as dumb as the ones in LEGO Marvel (no crazy taxi shit and very little fighting with spotting flight mechanics).

Yea I quit. Best Buy 40% trade in bonus for GCU members ended yesterday and I wanted the money more than I wanted the plat. So marvel sucks too? Well I got it for $5 digital on the PSN superhero sale. So I'm sure I'll get it.... eventually. The guy who invented Lego races should be questioned. How is that fun for kids at all? Oh well, enjoy your 6% of racing. :)

Tapejara

I've been playing Ride to Hell: Retribution off and on during the week, and it has got to be one of the worst games I've ever played. The platinum is pretty easy so I might as well go for it, but I can't stress how terrible this game is.

@Returners, sorry we never played CoD last week. I feel bad because I keep saying we're going to do it and then I never message you. We'll get to it eventually...

Top Bottom