• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Achieve Trophies | April 2014 Thread | "Trying To Bring Forth Sanctum 3"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Just got Sly 3 platinum. Really enjoyed it, despite everyone saying it's not as good as the first two. Preferred it to 2 actually.

Anyway that's my 4th platinum of the month. Gonna start Sly: Thieves in Time tomorrow and see if i can make it 5 :)

Coxy

Platinum #56 Final Fantasy X HD
Man I'd forgotten just how addicted I could be to these games, really enjoyed replaying this and really hoping FFXV ends up being truly great again.

Tapejara

Got the Putty Squad platinum early this morning. My goal for the year is to finally reach 100 platinums and Putty Squad was #25. Only 75 more to go!

Also, I'm counting this as my first PS4 platinum. Sound Shapes doesn't really count because all I had to do was sync save files.

Returners

Got the Putty Squad platinum early this morning. My goal for the year is to finally reach 100 platinums and Putty Squad was #25. Only 75 more to go!

Also, I'm counting this as my first PS4 platinum. Sound Shapes doesn't really count because all I had to do was sync save files.

That's.... 75/8 = 9 platinums in a month?

What are you going to play?

Tapejara

That's.... 75/8 = 9 platinums in a month?

What are you going to play?

I've got a batch of easy games lined up, as well as some titles where I only need a few more trophies to plat. All I need is to get my PS3 fixed so I can cut through the backlog.

Probably gonna make Danganronpa my next plat.

Edit: I just realized how much time I would have to contribute based on your math. Yeezus :/.

oggob

April has been a terrible month for me, likely to be no Platinum as I scattered my time across a bunch of new games instead.

Project Diva f (Vita) also claimed another victim, as I have been obsessively playing this to improve scores/ranks and chasing the trophies is really on the backburner. I've probably spent about 10mins of the 28hrs or so hours in the Diva rooms at the moment.

Nintendad

so i'm playing Rayman Legends on Playstation 4 and the daily challenges don't seem to be working right. my friends are playing it and getting scores. they see me, but i'm not seeing them on my scoreboard. any idea what's up? I'm trying to go for Platinum, but will be giving it up if I can't get this mess fixed out.

Returners

I've got a batch of easy games lined up, as well as some titles where I only need a few more trophies to plat. All I need is to get my PS3 fixed so I can cut through the backlog.

Probably gonna make Danganronpa my next plat.

Edit: I just realized how much time I would have to contribute based on your math. Yeezus :/.

Aim for 75 :D

Blu(e)

Need one more in Soul Sacrifice but I should be able to get that finished in a few days. Was able to finish up Bioshock Infinite DLC this month (making it 100%) and was able to get Beyond: Two Souls and Deadpool finished. Even got an e-mail saying I "dominated Beyond: Two Souls."

I am the 1.52%

Onislash

Platinum 32 and 33 Dynasty Warriors 8 and Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f

Project Diva was a surprise, didnt expect to like it or get this far in it.

Joni

100% Doodle Devil. It was not worth it. If you can't use the Hint function, you always have to manually search the elements you need. Which is a pain.

Yuterald

Just got the Platinum in Castlevania 2: Lords of Shadow this morning.

The Kleidos challenges on Prince of Darkness difficulty really brought out the best in the combat system. It made me appreciate the game a bit more than I initially had. I still found the game to be somewhat of a disappointment coming off of the original and while there's some super questionable design decisions in this game, I enjoyed my time with it and felt compelled to "do everything", so to speak. Just gotta check out the DLC and I'll be at 100%.

It's probably been well over a year since I've gotten a Platinum trophy. I used to be mad into achievements/trophies way back during the 360/PS3 prime days, but my priorities/gaming habits changed and I just couldn't (and didn't really want to) devout so much time to a single game in order to "complete" it. I've always been a completionist at heart though, so the drive/enjoyment I derive from completing a game will probably never leave me. Not going to lie, felt good to finish a game completely. Been awhile.

I'm really close to getting the Platinum in Puppeteer too, but that game is an exhausting journey for the Plat. Hundred sparkles and that trio brigade, ugh...

SxP

Platinum #18: Infamous: Second Son

As easy as Infamous 2. Weirdly enough, had to really search around to heal 10 persons (it seems that after you finish the story with good karma there are barely any injured citizens due to the state of the city being improved) and to kill 10 DUPS with ammo crates. But still, no real effort required.

Just got Sly 3 platinum. Really enjoyed it, despite everyone saying it's not as good as the first two. Preferred it to 2 actually.

Anyway that's my 4th platinum of the month. Gonna start Sly: Thieves in Time tomorrow and see if i can make it 5 :)

I nearly at the end of the story now. How hard are the Jobs and Challenges? I am guessing you have to do all of them? Any frustrations in there?

daevv

After a week of daily missions I finally got the Platinum in Defiance the other day.

I had a lot of fun with the game right up till the latest update 2 weeks ago. The game now scales the enemies to not only your level but the levels of those around you. Basically when you are alone the enemies are fine but in a group they become bullet sponges. In a MMO type of game this is not fun as it's now better playing alone!! If it is not changed I expect the game to die before the start of the second season of the TV show in June.

Tapejara

After a week of daily missions I finally got the Platinum in Defiance the other day.

I had a lot of fun with the game right up till the latest update 2 weeks ago. The game now scales the enemies to not only your level but the levels of those around you. Basically when you are alone the enemies are fine but in a group they become bullet sponges. In a MMO type of game this is not fun as it's now better playing alone!! If it is not changed I expect the game to die before the start of the second season of the TV show in June.

I loved Defiance - and I'm going for my Platinum as well - but I don't log in often enough. Every time I do there's some new change and I have to readjust how I've been playing. Congrats on the plat though; I'm dreading doing those multiplayer trophies!

daevv

I loved Defiance - and I'm going for my Platinum as well - but I don't log in often enough. Every time I do there's some new change and I have to readjust how I've been playing. Congrats on the plat though; I'm dreading doing those multiplayer trophies!

Online took me 18 to 20 hours. Getting the 10 wins on certain maps took the longest. Some matches I would be with great players who did all the work and some I was against them.

Some tips you may or may not know:
There is not a lot of people playing the PvP but you only need 4-6 to get any map started. Starting any map halfway through a match and winning also counts so that's a plus. You can queue a match and do other things while waiting for it to fill up. Best to do the road kill trophy while doing the Shadow War MP trophy as it's easier to run people over in that mode.

Since the game does not track wins on each map or head shots I made my own chart to keep track while playing. I got the 50 head-shots trophy after my 38th one as other guns can get head-shots but only the sniper says it when you get a kill. The cloak ability is by far the best to use in online PvP for keeping you safe and getting head-shots.

AzCmDGX.jpg

Edit: Heading to Florida for two weeks or so vacation tonight. The house we have rented has a PS4, 2 controllers, with NBA, Madden, Fifa, and COD Ghosts. Guess I'll get to play Ghosts after all. ;)

Footos22

100% - Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery. Not worth the time.

Me, I really enjoyed it. Shame it will probably remain an unfinished series though.

Platinum 121: Ffx Hd. 93 hours of super nostalgia.

Really need to play shorter games now.

After ffx, dark souls 2, rainbow moon etc Im a bit burnt out on rpgs

Noi

Managed to unglue myself from FFXIV long enough to play some other stuff. Working on Dark Souls 2 as well as finishing off my last of the eight God of War plats, of which I got #7 yesterday. Only one left!

5TmJvqh.png

mstevens

Platinum #11 Final Fantasy X HD Remaster

Dat sphere grid...

What a great game, though. Really, really enjoyed 90% of this plat, but I would rather do that 0.00 chocobo race 3 times than fill out the sphere grid or grind luck. Was surprised at how much I enjoyed this game, much more than when I played it on the PS2. On to FFX-2...

Returners

Managed to unglue myself from FFXIV long enough to play some other stuff. Working on Dark Souls 2 as well as finishing off my last of the eight God of War plats, of which I got #7 yesterday. Only one left!

5TmJvqh.png

Did you run into any issues with trophies not unlocking in the Vita collection?

Tapejara

Got the Dokuro platinum at the start of the month. Really great game, even if it does start to drag on in the later stages. Haven't really been going for any platinums as of late, just trying to 100% Guardians of Middle Earth before the servers go offline.

Noi

Did you run into any issues with trophies not unlocking in the Vita collection?

Only for God of War 1, yeah. I swear I had to save and re-load the Challenge of Atlas boulder toss trophy like 10 times before the game finally gave it to me 9on my second run), plus I missed that, the health trophy and the sword of artemis trophies on my first playthrough (but popped as intended on my speedrun sans the Atlas one). God of War 2's been perfect about trophy unlocks, even lacking the Boss Batch trophy glitches that the PS3 version has.

Coxy

Platinum #57: Armored Core V

The hardest plat I've gotten and perhaps the hardest I'll ever get, mastering this game really showed me how deep it was and how many tactics could be used. Its amazing how many secrets are tucked away in this that only a handful of people will ever have seen or played

My last update felt like it was forever ago but since then I've played:

Platinum #149 - Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
Decent return to form after the horrible A4O and mediocre FFA/QF but still nowhere near ACiT quality. Easy platinum though.

Platinum #150 - Saints Row IV
150! Fun game but my experience was soured by encountering the abilities trophy glitch. This forced me to start a new game and play through a significant amount of it again, so a huge pain in the ass.

I've also 100%'d Child of Light (I found it pretty boring), the Assassin's Creed III DLC (sucked) and the Assassin's Creed IV DLC (decent).

Right now I'm playing Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD because for some dumb reason, I decided that I needed even more AC despite being sick of the series at the moment. Once I wrap this up, I'll probably start up Skyrim and lose the next couple of months of my life to it.

Returners

MLB 14 The Show PS4 version done. Such a great looking game.

Might work on Unreal Tournament 3 proper now. Seems the servers status is up in the air because of Gamespy closing.

Storm360

Platinumed Saints Row IV

Sadly, my platinums (and trophy hunting) has to stop for the time being, I don't have much access to my conosles anymore

Hey guys it's me....

Mark-Wahlberg-Confused-In-The-Happening.gif

So yeah, after almost a two month hiatus of impossible busy schedules and personal happenings this is my first post on GAF in a while.

I took a week off from work. That means I can work on the thread again ;). Maybe I will just make a general 2014 thread because the monthly ones aren't really filling up. General achievement discussion threads sometimes get in the hundreds of replies, seems to me it would be best and easiest to just make a general 2014 thread for everything and update the score monthly (or bi-monthly, whatever you guys like best).

I PROMISE I WON'T LEAVE YOU GUYS AGAIN ! ;).

Nothing stops AT.

Noi

General 2014 thread seems fine. Of course, you're the one that'll have to tally up a whole year's worth of points for the end of year awards.
KuGsj.gif

Decided my next plat will be De Blob 2, seems easy enough.

For all that is holy, if going for the plat is your only intention of playing the game, follow a guide to get every collectible in the game in one go. Save yourself the nightmare of having to scour through enourmous rainbow-colored levels to try and find one single easy to miss pickup that'll have you spending hours looking for like it happened to me.

General 2014 thread seems fine. Of course, you're the one that'll have to tally up a whole year's worth of points for the end of year awards.
KuGsj.gif

For all that is holy, if going for the plat is your only intention of playing the game, follow a guide to get every collectible in the game in one go. Save yourself the nightmare of having to scour through enourmous rainbow-colored levels to try and find one single easy to miss pickup that'll have you spending hours looking for like it happened to me.

Not my only intention. I intend to enjoy the game d: I liked de Blob on the Wii.

But thank you, i probably would have gotten frustrated d:

Noi

Probably poorly worded, haha. I did enjoy playing through De Blob 2, but having to hunt down those individual collectibles for the plat definitely put a sour note at the end of my experience. Just giving you a heads-up!

Tapejara

Only two trophies left until I've 100% Guardians of Middle Earth. Then I'm probably gonna get the last Section 8: Prejudice DLC trophy on my list. Once this GameSpy nonsense is over I can get back to platinum hunting.

List of Platinums I'm Aiming For:

Borderlands - Just need to turn on a second controller and do the coop trophies.
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Veteran run through and a few of the Extinction trophies left.
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - Need the collectibles and a few miscellaneous singleplayer trohies.
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - School mode plus some other stuff
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - This one's going to take some grinding, but I want to platinum the series before I play Producing Perfection.
Spelunker HD - Just need all of the Picture pieces and to complete the coop levels. But I can do that all solo.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 - Need to beat it on the hardest difficulty, do the challenge trophies and then clean up whatever's left.

So yeah, that's my goal for the next two to three months.

Returners

Only two trophies left until I've 100% Guardians of Middle Earth. Then I'm probably gonna get the last Section 8: Prejudice DLC trophy on my list. Once this GameSpy nonsense is over I can get back to platinum hunting.

List of Platinums I'm Aiming For:

Borderlands - Just need to turn on a second controller and do the coop trophies.
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Veteran run through and a few of the Extinction trophies left.
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - Need the collectibles and a few miscellaneous singleplayer trohies.
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - School mode plus some other stuff
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - This one's going to take some grinding, but I want to platinum the series before I play Producing Perfection.
Spelunker HD - Just need all of the Picture pieces and to complete the coop levels. But I can do that all solo.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 - Need to beat it on the hardest difficulty, do the challenge trophies and then clean up whatever's left.

So yeah, that's my goal for the next two to three months.

Yeah this game spy shutting down has thrown me for a loop too.

I don't know what epic is trying to do with UT3 on the PS3 so I've been trying to do the online trophies.

I just know that I'm never going to 100% stuff like Midnight Club LA.

Platinum #28: Uncharted Drake's Fortune
It was a pain on Crushing difficulty.

I got Velocity Ultra, Dragon's Crown, GTA V, Toukiden, Dangan Ronpa, Muramasa Rebirth, GoW collection, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles and Soul Sacrifice Delta next. Not in that order lol. Will tackle Velocity Ultra since its not too long and has a platinum.

Tapejara

Yeah this game spy shutting down has thrown me for a loop too.

I don't know what epic is trying to do with UT3 on the PS3 so I've been trying to do the online trophies.

I just know that I'm never going to 100% stuff like Midnight Club LA.

Yeah, I've seen you playing it. Good luck! Shame I'll probably never 100% GTA IV (I think the leaderboards going down affects trophies?). I'm also worried about F.E.A.R. 2.

Nintendad

I recent picked up the new Slim Vita. I'm sitting at 63% in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. I've been trying to play through a character or two a day and should have the Platinum in June sometime.

daevv

I bought the digital Minecraft PS3 edition this weekend as you get the Vita version free down the road and for $5 can upgrade to the PS4 then too (3 versions for $25 is awesome). I'm not sure how the trophy list will be between each system but it looks like PS3 and Vita will share them while I hope the PS4 will have it's own.

The trophies on the PS3 are mostly the same as the ones I did on 360 awhile back. This time they added open a End portal and defeat the Enderdragon. Both seem like time consuming trophies due to the ingredients needed. So far I've only stayed in the tutorial world as everything is close by. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom