• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 2 |OT|: Adventures in Ooo continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tenck said:
Where do I sign up to have your life?
Do you live in or near Burbank?

Kuroyume said:
temp1_2_fullsize.jpg

OMG
I would buy the FUCK out of that shirt

Lijik

I dont even like the Three Wolf shirt meme (and wasnt too enthralled when Valve did it), but by god I want that shirt.

Mr. Sam

Three wolf shirt meme? I'm on the internet, why have I not heard of this?

Anyway, yeah, neat shirt. That horse has wacked out poo brain.

Edit: I prefer these designs. They're less overt and more clever:

threadless_presentation_1_fullsize.jpg

AdventureTime_threadless_1_fullsize.png

Here's the episode list:

http://adventuretimeart.frederator.com said:
Adventure Time Coming to DVD

September 27, 2011, featuring these twelve episodes:

Slumber Party Panic

Trouble in Lumpy Space

Prisoner of Love

Tree Trunks

The Enchridion

The Jiggler

Ricardio

Business Time

My Two Favorite People

Memories of Boom Boom Mountain

Finn the Wizard

Evicted!

I'm not bummed it's not on Blu-Ray, but I AM bummed that it's only half a season. That shit is fucking stupid. And what's even worse is if we don't buy this set, they won't make more.

I also don't understand how Adventure Time will be in its THIRD SEASON by the time VOLUME ONE of the FIRST season comes out. It's Cartoon Network's highest rated show. This is fucking bullshit.

I told you guys this would happen.
It's best to just get a season pass on iTunes or something. It'll be cheaper in the long run.

theinfinityissue said:
Wait, wha? I assumed because Adventure Time is good people wouldn't watch it. That's nuts that it pulls in ratings. Nuts awesome.
Oh yeah. It pulls awesome ratings, which is why I'm surprised shit like Generator Rex got a Volume 1 DVD release like two months after it started airing, yet Adventure Time starts its third season in two weeks AND there are strong rumors they've started writing Season 4, yet we're getting this bullshit Volume 1 release a year-and-a-half after Season 1 premiered.

Lijik

WordAssassin said:
Oh yeah. It pulls awesome ratings, which is why I'm surprised shit like Generator Rex got a Volume 1 DVD release like two months after it started airing, yet Adventure Time starts its third season in two weeks AND there are strong rumors they've started writing Season 4, yet we're getting this bullshit Volume 1 release a year-and-a-half after Season 1 premiered.
A lot of things about Generator Rex surprise the hell out of me. Its getting a video game, that dvd release. Man I don't understand it at all how that show gets attention while Symbiotic Titan was cancelled.

Cartoon Network submitted the first episode in competition at the Annecy Animation Festival. I went to the set it was in (which also had an India-only Johnny Bravo bollywood special which was kind of interesting) and the audience was fucking silent the whole time. Total slog to fucking sit through.

They also had an episode of AT in a set that showcased the inherent imagination and surreal qualities in American cartoons but I didn't catch that screening. I think the ep was "My Two Best Friends"

GR isn't horribly bad. In fact, I'd call a few episodes down right good.
The problem is... it's very one dimensional in how everything is portrayed. A similar problem to Ben 10 Alien Force (from the same creator, as it turns out).

As for Symbionic Titan, it actually got good ratings. The problem was that there was little to no marketability for products, where as a show like Ben 10 and GR have TONS of toy potential. It's a real shame, too.

For a show to survive on CN, it has to either get outstanding ratings or be able to produce merch.

SmithnCo

corn_fest said:
So, the first few episodes of Season 1 are finally coming out on DVD:

Oh blah. I already have all the episodes on iTunes and I would get a complete Blu-Ray set instantly. I really like DVD cover art though...

Lijik

AceBandage said:
As for Symbionic Titan, it actually got good ratings. The problem was that there was little to no marketability for products, where as a show like Ben 10 and GR have TONS of toy potential. It's a real shame, too.

I don't see it. Between the ST's (imo clunkily handled) multiple factions, and the constant monsters of the week, there should have been enough potential for toys.
Barring that, the shows retro anime design style would have made for tshirts thatd sell like hotcakes at a hot topic.

I dunno, I followed GR for its first six episodes and none of them grabbed me.

Air

Banned
I see all this talk about ratings, but would anybody mind actually putting up a number? I'm really curious about this, since I love the show.

That said, when does season 3 start?

EDIT: Also anybody surprised with how Cartoon network is handling the dvds really shouldn't. They were always awful with that stuff. Like, Ace said, you're better off getting a season pass.

yencid

Air said:
I see all this talk about ratings, but would anybody mind actually putting up a number? I'm really curious about this, since I love the show.

That said, when does season 3 start?
july 11th

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
No Blu-ray? Half Season?

The fuck? The half season thing is disheartening, but having no Blu-ray is even worse.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
WordAssassin said:

That's not rumors, at the wondercon panel, Penn and Co said they've already started script work on S4.

I hate to say it, but it may be that the show is getting such awesome ratings consistently that putting it out on DVD would hamper those. That's why lesser shows get dvd releases so soon, so that they can recoup the cost of production quicker with dvd sales over advertising sales.

spindashing said:
I too have the weirdest boner right now.

Sup guys, haven't shown face around here in awhile!

How'd From The Dust get banned? =(

He apparently had another banned account here.
Also, welcome back, Spin!

IsayFever

Trojita said:
So Natasha said that she believes that the 3rd season of Adventure Time will start airing July 11th.

Also

tumblr_lmi14lNcAL1qzlgkno1_500.jpg

]

Because I lack any sense of imagination and skill I was wondering if somebody could avatar this beauty for me. I've been using the cat with approximate knowledge of everything for quite some time, but I believe it's time for a S3 sprucing!

Poyunch

Oh my God, oh my God. I was watching this clip of the new Winnie the Pooh movie and I was having the hardest time trying to find out why that voice is so familiar. When it finally clicked I found it so hilarious. I don't know why.

spindashing said:
How'd From The Dust get banned? =(
Late reply but anyway he made an excessively sexual joke post in a thread and he was banned. The Shyamalan twist was someone made a joke that his post style was similar to another banned user, ILikeFeet, and it was revealed that From the Dust was actually an alt account of ILikeFeet. So it became a permaban. :(

Thanks for the welcome!

Sucks about From the Dust, he contributed a lot to this thread and was a cool guy.

I'll try to do my best in his stead.

When does the new season start? yencid, ya killin' me with these teasers son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom