• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2014 |OT| Haven't you Hird? Bomber's back!

Westlo

Crameri for Zach Merrett (draft pick), Chapman (money) and Ambrose (role in forward line), what a steal.

Good bet I reckon. I too should have shown them more faith with my tipping.

True that, they are clearly the fittest team in the league and having an extra week off compared to Adelaide... they gonna think they can still win even if down 40 @ 3qtr.

North, Tigers and Carlton have a long way to go to prove they even deserve finals this year. Add the Pies to that list too.

I can't believe their dumb ass CEO said they were going to win a flag in the next 3 years before the Fremantle game
sabu.png

1 18 Brodie Grundy
1 19 Ben Kennedy
1 20 Tim Broomhead

1 6 Matthew Scharenberg
1 10 Nathan Freeman

+ Taylor Adams. (would he even be top 22 @ GWS in a few years time? ward Shiel Coniglio treloar Greene kelly Whitfield, dem midfield weapons....)

Top 5 pick
sabu.png

They really high on these draft picks the last two years or something lol, just not logical when you look @ what GWS and Gold Coast have.

Truthfully... if Marcus Bontempelli ends up being a high risk but high reward draft pick that pays off... Bulldogs are going to be way more dangerous in 3 years time than Collingwood. Wallis, Liberatore, Smith, Stringer, Macrae, Hrovat, Bontempelli all in the last 4 drafts... now if they can get ahold of one of the GWS forwards in Boyd or Patton....

I'd give us 3 years to get back to being a competitive challenger. We won't win a flag in that time. We've got enough talent to stay in finals but need the kids to get the exposure.

Westlo

I'd give us 3 years to get back to being a competitive challenger. We won't win a flag in that time. We've got enough talent to stay in finals but need the kids to get the exposure.

No point being a treadmill team, if you guys didn't tank for Daisy and Pendles (it's funny how ed shut up about priority picks that year, though I agreed with him that they had to go) you never would've won a flag in 2010.

But than again Collingwood has had some damn good sliders to them in recent drafts and with Free Agency plus you would have to think some major talent is going to continue to slide out of GC and GWS, who knows.

mrpookles

Truthfully... if Marcus Bontempelli ends up being a high risk but high reward draft pick that pays off... Bulldogs are going to be way more dangerous in 3 years time than Collingwood. Wallis, Liberatore, Smith, Stringer, Macrae, Hrovat, Bontempelli all in the last 4 drafts... now if they can get ahold of one of the GWS forwards in Boyd or Patton....

Rumour was we had Patton at the Whitten Oval at least twice in the off-season for medical checks. I'll vomit in my mouth every goal he kicks this season.

Not sure what we were offering (probably our 1st pick + Minson), but there would've had to have been some massive injury concerns for us to pull the plug.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
WTH? did they screw up the tipping? I really didn't get 7 last week. What a joke.

Anyway, footy on tonight again.

jambo

I think they screwed up the first weekend and awarded everyone full tips.

Mine went from 1/4 to 4/4.

Hi,

We will be awarding participating tippers correct tips and margins for all matches in all sports which occurred from
5PM AEDT Friday March 14th to Monday March 17th inclusive, as a result of the hardware and database issues that affected the footytips.com.au website and mobile platforms over the weekend.

We understand that many tippers were unable to make their selections over the weekend, and we believe this is the fairest solution for all active users.

Please note that we will not be awarding correct tips for the remainder of AFL round one from Thursday March 20 to Sunday March 23 inclusive.

We have taken steps to correct the technical problems that affected the footytips.com.au website and mobile platforms last weekend, and we are working hard to ensure you have a stable platform on which to make your tips.

We apologise again for the inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,

The team from footytips
http://www.footytips.com.au

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Fair enough. I did see the site go down but just assumed they'd still have access to our selections. I guess it makes sense if some couldn't get theirs in.

Yeah, because they leave it open right up to the bounce, some people would have missed out.

Meanwhile, Carlton haven't changed. Such a nothing team. Good to see the Tigers continuing their improvement from last year.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Entertaining 3rd quarter. Didn't see earlier but I'm loving the mini fightback from Carlton. Some great moments.

Update: This game. Carlton have had so many opportunities this quarter.

What the hell, Garlett!
What a goal from Gibbs.
They're on fire. Classic Richmond.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
It's like neither side wants to win.

Update: lol.

Damn you, Carlton. All that effort. Good last goal from Martin.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Thursday March 27th
Richmond vs. Carlton @ The MCG

Friday March 28th
Essendon vs. Hawthorn @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday March 29th
St Kilda vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Etihad Stadium
Port Adelaide vs. Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval
Fremantle vs. Gold Coast @ Patersons Stadium
Sydney vs. Collingwood @ ANZ Staduim

Sunday March 30th
Brisbane vs. Geelon @ The Gabba
Melbourne vs. West Coast @ The MCG
Western Bulldogs vs. North Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium

Round 2 Teams

jambo

My tips for this weekend

Carlton (forgot to tip =S)

Hawthorn

Greater Western Sydney
Port Adelaide
Fremantle
Sydney

Geelong
West Coast
North Melbourne

Really hope we get over the Crows for the first proper match at the new Adelaide Oval, would go nicely with our win over Melbourne there and also our last Showdown victory at AAMI.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Another great game tonight. Looked like Essendon ran themselves off their feet in the end. Put in a huge effort to get back into the game then had nothing left to finish it.

I only caught the last quarter and what a quarter. Bombers had the game won but the Hawks' had more run. I'm 0/2 in my tipping so far. :(

AxeMan

I thought we were gone but we found a way to win it in the end woooooooooo

I still can't believe we won that.

We only played about 1 or 2 quarters at most and still won with about half a dozen of our regular top 22 out.

Bombers had their chances in the first when they were dominating play but just didn't covert.
And I must admit once Chapman goaled in the last to get them up by a couple of goals with only a few minutes left I was resigned to the loss.
So glad that Poppy snapped truly as well in the last

Edit: Also go GWS! Just switched on the game

Woo! Football! Great win by the Port lads. Very much enjoyed watching the start of a beautiful partnership at AO.

Umpiring was a bit messy though.

Glad I made the effort to watch a match this year.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
thats awesome.

id have actually gone to thefootball a lot in adelaide if it was there, convenience and all.

not out in fucking woopwwoop

jambo

"At 167 metres in length, it is two metres longer than at West Lakes (AAMI Stadium), but it has skinny hips, with the new ground a full 10 metres narrower than AAMI Stadium at 123 metres from wing boundary to wing boundary."

http://m.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-03-27/skinny-flat-meet-the-slimmed-down-adelaide-oval

It was a great win, but there were a few shoking passages there with bad ball skills and constant errors.

Luckily we made up for it with our second half of the third quarter and then last quarter. Good to see the fitness is still there.

EDIT: also, it was loud as anything, amazing 50,000 crowd.

Facilities are also top notch. Such a great decision to upgrade the ground.

Great photos Jambo. Ground looked amazing on the tellie.

Happy with the Pies result tonight, obviously. Skills were poor early but they chipped away to get the win. So much more work to do on them though.

jambo

Pretty crazy to think that Sydney haven't won a game yet.

I had them at 2/2 for sure.

Also, the new screens at Adelaide Oval are fucking huge!

lATUl2X.jpg

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Hawthorn killing it. 133 more possessions in a half is ridiculous. 36 more contesteds too. What is Freo doing?

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Good win by the Doggies. Thought about picking them but past results pushed me to pick Richmond.

Edit: Big win for North. I was barracking hard for them to win because I thought I tipped them, even regretting early on when Port were killing them but then realised I actually tipped Port, lol...

jambo

For fucks sake Port, we are just hopeless when it comes to the Roos.

Also Monfries pinged his hammie =[

I watched that entire 2nd half knowing Port was going to choke. It was the most predictable and aggravating part of the match. That miss with 2 mins left was just awful.

Westlo

Freo ripe for the taking this week, beat them 2 years in a row at pattersons, did pretty well against the ross lyon st kilda sides as well... beat freo and a top 2 spot is on for bombers...

Freo ripe for the taking this week, beat them 2 years in a row at pattersons, did pretty well against the ross lyon st kilda sides as well... beat freo and a top 2 spot is on for bombers...

Freo definitely ripe for the taking. Bombers are definitely in with a chance.

While it was only Richmond, I thought the Pies looked a million times better than they did in round 1. Each week they are improving where they need to. Still a long way off the top teams, but it's a promising sign.

Pendles, Beams, Ball, White and Macaffer were huge last night.

Top Bottom