• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2014 |OT| Haven't you Hird? Bomber's back!

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Friday May 2nd
Carlton vs. Collingwood @ The MCG

Saturday May 3rd
Hawthorn vs. St Kilda @ The MCG
Greater Western Sydney vs. Port Adelaide @ StarTrack Oval
Adelaide vs. Melbourne @ Adelaide Oval
Brisbane vs. Sydney @ The Gabba
Essendon vs. Western Bulldogs @ Etihad Stadium

Sunday May 4th
North Melbourne vs. Gold Coast @ Etihad Stadium
Geelong vs. Richmond @ The MCG
West Coast vs. Fremantle @ Patersons Stadium

Round 7 Teams

It's hard to maintain that for 4 quarters and when you're in front by that much it's not surprising you would stop in the last quarter. 34 point win is great. Langdon, Elliot and Frost are great. Love our kids. 5-2 going into the bye is better than I expected going into the year.

Blues really have nothing going for them though.

jambo

Was getting very frustrated with Port, but that little 3 goal burst at the end of the third was just lovely =]

jambo

I'm getting frustrated with Port again.

We should be running over the top of them and fucking destroying them, but instead they're getting uncontested marks everywhere and running it out of our back half way too easily.

fisheyes

I'm getting frustrated with Port again.

We should be running over the top of them and fucking destroying them, but instead they're getting uncontested marks everywhere and running it out of our back half way too easily.

I didn't watch the game, but I'm certain the boy's hearts wouldn't of been in it today. They've got Freo and Hawks on their minds, which is a bit of a shame, because it would've been a nice percentage booster if we were switched on. Still, a wins a win I guess, and good to see Benny Newton get a game.

fisheyes

I'm glad I'm not tipping this year, I don't think I would've gotten a single Kangaroos game right. Suns, meanwhile, are looking good.

jambo

Syth tipped the Suns...

Are you shitting me?!

EDIT: Syth's the only one who'll move anywhere this round haha

EQQKH6k.png

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
That Jack Viney decision is disgraceful.

Not to sound like I'm defending the decision, I thought from what I saw of it on the weekend was it looked like it was reportable. He hit his head and did some damage. I thought that alone would rub him out for 1 week as has been in the past. What makes this time different?

Not to sound like I'm defending the decision, I thought from what I saw of it on the weekend was it looked like it was reportable. He hit his head and did some damage. I thought that alone would rub him out for 1 week as has been in the past. What makes this time different?

The poor kid was going for the ball and protected himself. Sure it was a bump by definition but it isn't anything like the bump Douglas did on Ward (I think?) the other week. I think it's a bit stiff that if it wasn't for the broken jaw, he would have probably got off.

Obviously it's just my opinion.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
The poor kid was going for the ball and protected himself. Sure it was a bump by definition but it isn't anything like the bump Douglas did on Ward (I think?) the other week. I think it's a bit stiff that if it wasn't for the broken jaw, he would have probably got off.

Obviously it's just my opinion.

There are plenty of people who would hold your sentiments.

My only surprise was seeing this decision cause a lot more outrage than it normally does so I wasn't sure why exactly. Seeing in the past how they treat any bump to the head intentional or not I just assume they're getting a week regardless. They've been saying they're making people culpable for any damage they cause to other players so I'm not surprised Viney went.
People were declaring the bump dead only 3-4 rounds ago so I don't know why they're surprised in all honesty given Viney hit the guy's head with a bump, though I know it probably wasn't his intention to bump but protect himself.

The whole thing's a joke anyway.

There are plenty of people who would hold your sentiments.

My only surprise was seeing this decision cause a lot more outrage than it normally does so I wasn't sure why exactly. Seeing in the past how they treat any bump to the head intentional or not I just assume they're getting a week regardless. They've been saying they're making people culpable for any damage they cause to other players so I'm not surprised Viney went.
People were declaring the bump dead only 3-4 rounds ago so I don't know why they're surprised in all honesty given Viney hit the guy's head with a bump, though I know it probably wasn't his intention to bump but protect himself.

The whole thing's a joke anyway.

I laugh every time anyone says the bump is dead. It's been dead a few times over the last few years. People do get carried away. I feel the AFL goes too far with their rule changes that are normally knee jerk reactions. For example: The interchange rule, sliding feet first rule, rushed behind rule etc.

The rushed behind rule is basically non-existent these days.

It'll be interesting to see what happens tonight then when they challenge.

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Friday May 9th
Sydney vs. Hawthorn @ ANZ Stadium

Saturday May 10th
Hawthorn vs. St Kilda @ The MCG
Port Adelaide vs. Fremantle @ Adelaide Oval
Brisbane vs. Essendon @ The Gabba
Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs @ The MCG

Sunday May 11th
West Coast vs. Greater Western SYdney @ Patersons Stadium

Monday May 12th
St Kilda vs. Carlton @ Etihad Stadium

Bye
Adelaide
Collingwood
Geelong
Gold Coast
North Melbourne
Richmond

Round 8 Teams

AxeMan

Expecting a Swans win and but I can handle that as long as Buddy has a shocker

Edit - Just heard Hodge is out as well. Definitely a Swans win now. We are missing Lake, Mitchell and Hodge

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Franklin has 0.7 so far, lol...

Edit: Phew, just remembered to do my tips. 8 mins to spare.

Edit2 : Ydahs forgot his tips. :( He was leading too.

I hope it's not another round where everyone has gone the same.

I changed my tip to Sydney in all my comps except I forgot about GAF. Looks like everyone will get 6/6. Bye rounds are the worst.

Port looked brilliant again yesterday. Dat Wingard!

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Thursda May 15th
Adelaide vs. Collingwood @ Adelaide Oval

Friday May 16th
Essendon vs. Sydney @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday May 17th
Richmond vs. Melbourne @ The MCG
North Melbourne vs. Brisbane @ Etihad Stadium
Fremantle vs.Geelong @ Patersons Staduim

Sunday May 18th
St Kilda vs. Gold Coast @ Etihad Stadium

Bye
Carlton
Greater Western Sydney
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
West Coast
Western Bulldogs

Round 9 Teams

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
That young kid (42 for Adelaide - first gamer) beating the 2 Collingwood players on the wing was pretty good as was that last minute or so.
Had a feeling Adelaide would be up for it this week but it's too hard to make a leap given it was Melbourne who beat them.

Adelaide has played really hard and tough. If they were kicking well at all they'd be totally dominating. Every time Collingwood touched the ball early on they looked like they'd score but the Crows turned it around. It's been impressive.

Rychu Supadude

Neo Member
Oh, there's a thread here? Then I guess I'd better post about how BLOODY FRICKIN AMAZING last night's game was! Go Croooooooooooooooooooows!

This is the first ever year that I've had a proper membership (thanks Mum, you're a legend), but I have previously managed to attend dozens of matches over the years back at the old ground. I've seen good games, bad games, great games, and terrible games... but this one really has to take the cake as the absolute TOP SHELF above them all.

I mean, it sure is nice to churn out a 116-point thrashing of a bottom-tier side, but I never dared to dream that I would get to see the DREADED PIES shown the door in convincing fashion when the chips were down, in a stunning reversal of previous form, joined by a fabulously packed house - I've got hardly any voice left this morning, so it's a good thing I won't be needing to talk to anyone today.

To come back down to earth a bit, we're still stuck in tenth spot and it's just as likely as not that we'll remain anchored there right through to the end of the year. But now that I can have the confidence that my boys actually GIVE A DAMN about going for the ball, I'll be satisfied with some exciting footy at the very least. Hope survives!
And failing that, I'll be more than willing to jump on the Port Power bandwagon and ride it all the way to the flag.

I didn't catch the game last night but it sounds like the Crows were just too good.

Our kids have been amazing so far this year but it was always going to run out at some point. Hopefully they'll learn from this and keep improving.

yeah it was a good game last night and even better when it results in a collingwood loss :)

got some serious worries at the hawks right now.. gibson, lake, anderson, rioli and mitchell all out for extended periods, whitecross gone for season, hodge and shiels should be ok though.. gonna be a tough ask to get over the in form port next week..

jambo

yeah it was a good game last night and even better when it results in a collingwood loss :)

got some serious worries at the hawks right now.. gibson, lake, anderson, rioli and mitchell all out for extended periods, whitecross gone for season, hodge and shiels should be ok though.. gonna be a tough ask to get over the in form port next week..

I was Googling "Port Adelaide Hawthorn" and came across this

7uCB0Zz.jpg

...wut

Westlo

not as horrible as the umpiring all night long.

love how the commentators tried to blame an essendon player for a swan player hitting the umpire.

also love how it's hurleys fault for getting cleaned up.

Top Bottom