• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2016 |OT| Essendon moving to Egpyt, to be closer to supporter base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young son got to play on the MCG during Auskick half time @ bombers v cats yesterday. Crazy busy day to make it happen as it was a last minute spot. It was such an awesome experience with a 40k+ crowd.

As for the Tigers...hang your heads in shame boys. I know this supporter is. Poor start to the season.

Just got back from GWS vs Port.

Port are quite hopeless. There is no shame in losing to GWS, they are excellent and still have a lot of improvement left in them but Port were a shambles
There are maybe a handful of players who even look like they want to be out there playing for Port. I am glad we got the extensions on Robbie Gray and Wingard (and to a slightly lesser extent Ollie WInes) otherwise they're perfect fodder for other clubs as I can see players of their calibre growing tired of the club's performance (although that only gives us two to three years to to steer the Titanic away from the iceberg).

All of these handballs to players already under pressure, or quick handballs off and then stopping their run without providing any cover or one-two opportunities, half-arsed work rate, players jogging when they should be sprinting. Basically a complete lack of effort for young men who are being paid more than I can dream of to just run around and kick a ball.

I'm going to the Brisbane game in a couple of weeks with my old man who is Fitzroy mad, and I tell you if we lose to the Lions in Adelaide I will have to really consider my options...

Supercoach team has jumped to $10.83Mill in value, can't complain at that and two wins so far. Time for some trades.

w1sieDw.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Young son got to play on the MCG during Auskick half time @ bombers v cats yesterday. Crazy busy day to make it happen as it was a last minute spot. It was such an awesome experience with a 40k+ crowd.

As for the Tigers...hang your heads in shame boys. I know this supporter is. Poor start to the season.

That's pretty great! I wonder if he was in the game that I watched. I always like to pick one and watch intently and cheer on a team.

Rezbit

There was a lot of interference from the fluro boys. I found no satisfaction in watching that game as a neutral to be honest. While general play has maybe improved this year (although some of the skills yesterday ranged from brilliant to woeful) the umpires for me are still the missing link in making the game good again.

HolyCheck

There was a lot of interference from the fluro boys. I found no satisfaction in watching that game as a neutral to be honest. While general play has maybe improved this year (although some of the skills yesterday ranged from brilliant to woeful) the umpires for me are still the missing link in making the game good again.

13082515_1000963696677961_2272312423436118520_n.jpg

The best team on the day loses to the Hawks again. Hawks are just so amazing.

4 grand finals..... with 3 wins in a row. The most successful club in the AFL era, the only club that has won at least one premiership in every decade since the 1960's :).

Hawthorn are so amazing indeed :).

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Fantastic win, Carlton. Was a pretty entertaining last quarter.

Did anyone see that Casboult moment where he took a mark in the 50 and didn't give up the handball for an easy goal and then missed the shot? wtf was he thinking?

maladroid

Did anyone see that Casboult moment where he took a mark in the 50 and didn't give up the handball for an easy goal and then missed the shot? wtf was he thinking?
The whole match was a comedy of errors. Was laughing at Taberner's goal line fumble, and literally yelled at my screen when Casboult refused to give it off to Buckley in the goal square. Absolutely selfish, and if we had lost by less than a kick, I'd be calling for him to be dropped.

Congrats to Liam Jones for slotting most of his opportunities, though. We've copped a bit of criticism for bringing in leftovers from other clubs, but Wright was massive for us this game. That F50 smother and handball to Murphy was key in putting us in a winning position.

Ugly, ugly win, but these blokes deserve some reward for effort during the rebuild.

Being a Blues man (very passionate at that) it pleases me greatly to see the bombers* getting flogged. My theory is that, as per normal, the junkies play poor the week before they play the blues, then somehow do a 180 against us and play like bloody Brownlow medalists. I hate those bastards. And I hate the pies as well but it show much I truly despise the bombers* that I'm cheering hard for the pies today!

Can everyone keep an ear out for the next time Wayne Carey commentates a game and says "in the cold face"? I thought it was a slip of the tongue the first time I heard it but I've heard him three times over the last two weeks so I think he thinks that's the saying. If someone made a compilation that would tickle my fancy as well.

HolyCheck

Can everyone keep an ear out for the next time Wayne Carey commentates a game and says "in the cold face"? I thought it was a slip of the tongue the first time I heard it but I've heard him three times over the last two weeks so I think he thinks that's the saying. If someone made a compilation that would tickle my fancy as well.

I need to be on the look out for this.

My other two favourite moments over the years

1: Blighty trying to coin the phrase "break away football" during an essendon game 3 or so years ago. He kept saying it. everyone always ignored him

and 2, I think it was BT, when there was a new player for some team.. whos name I forget.. but it sounded a lot like dago. and the commentator called out DAGO!!!!!! when he got hte ball.. like it was a trendy new nickname for him... then he stopped. clearly some one had a word

Resilient

dude hits every target at training, it's a mental thing. i think he was trying to build mental fortitude. it failed.

I shouldn't have looked at Supercoach this morning. Projected was 2170 odd with all players and emergencies sorted but actual score was only 1857, second bottom of our league. Shit. Lost to top of our league with 2230 something.

HolyCheck

I think my highlight from the weeekend was the continued growth of the Hawthorn = Umpires meme.

umpires came out during the start of the game, guy a few rows over calls out "LOOK BOYS, THE HAWKS ARE HERE"

I think my highlight from the weeekend was the continued growth of the Hawthorn = Umpires meme.

umpires came out during the start of the game, guy a few rows over calls out "LOOK BOYS, THE HAWKS ARE HERE"

Can I steal this for the game on Sat arvo? The peeps in Giant's members reserve will think I'm awesome.

freoleo29

This has been a horror year for freo, now Hooker has signed with essendon too.
Apparently he gave ross a call late last night letting him know but i am yet to see the headlines of "Ross receives late night call from Hooker"

I'm xmus jaxon flaxon waxon. On the afl website tipping, I went from 1800th in Australia to 120,000th over the last weekend....

Crows should've won.

Go for it!

Even steal the one I came up with:

Dude shouts out "AH FUCK OFF REF, WHOS SIDE ARE YOU ON"
ME: HAWTHORN.

Lols were had

Nice!

Being in a primarily rugby league part of the world, I usually get the lols when I scream out "GET 'EM ONSIDE!!!" during a lull in a game. Probably doesn't work elsewhere in Australia tho

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday April 29th
North Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday April 30th
Mebourne vs. St Kilda @ Etihad Stadium
Adelaide vs. Fremantle @ Adelaide Oval
Greater Western Sydney vs. Hawthorn @ Spotless Stadium
Richmond vs. Port Adelaide @ The MCG
Geelong vs. Gold Coast @ Simonds Stadium

Sunday May 1st
Brisbane vs. Sydney @ The Gabba
Carlton vs. Essendon @ The MCG
West Coast vs. Collingwood @ Domain Stadium

Round 5 Teams

Son got an invite to play on the ground again at the Tigers game SAT night game. Hopefully he gets another run out there, find out if we got a spot late tonight.

HolyCheck

Good luck Ozzy!!!

also:

Quarters will be reduced to 15 minutes with no time-on, there will be 16-players-a-side and 'last touch', 'high density' and 'protected area' rules will be introduced in seven rounds of AFL-sanctioned test games to be played in the Northern Territory from May 14.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...e-unveiled-20160426-gofrfr.html#ixzz47ByQoebT
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

fisheyes

Fyfe will need to go from that Supercoach team, and probably Gray too (reports are saying 2-4 weeks injury, and after that Port have a pretty tough run). Dea's pretty close to hitting a ceiling in terms of value too, his breakeven is pretty high, I think he needs to move on soon too.

Fyfe will need to go from that Supercoach team, and probably Gray too (reports are saying 2-4 weeks injury, and after that Port have a pretty tough run). Dea's pretty close to hitting a ceiling in terms of value too, his breakeven is pretty high, I think he needs to move on soon too.

Thanks, I'm still trying to get used to the new Gold format with Supercoach too. Those damned doubled up green icons.

fisheyes

Thanks, I'm still trying to get used to the new Gold format with Supercoach too. Those damned doubled up green icons.

Yeah its super confusing. The little green piece of paper just means there's been a note about that player written in the last 3 days, an orange one means in the last week or something. The circular ones are whether they are playing or not.

Keays and Davis will need to be brought on for Fyfe and Gray. You could try keeping one on for a captain loophole if you like, but at the moment you're carrying a zero on the field.

HolyCheck

Yeah its super confusing. The little green piece of paper just means there's been a note about that player written in the last 3 days, an orange one means in the last week or something. The circular ones are whether they are playing or not.

Keays and Davis will need to be brought on for Fyfe and Gray. You could try keeping one on for a captain loophole if you like, but at the moment you're carrying a zero on the field.

The circle on if playing or not just seems lazy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom