• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2016 |OT| Essendon moving to Egpyt, to be closer to supporter base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah its super confusing. The little green piece of paper just means there's been a note about that player written in the last 3 days, an orange one means in the last week or something. The circular ones are whether they are playing or not.

Keays and Davis will need to be brought on for Fyfe and Gray. You could try keeping one on for a captain loophole if you like, but at the moment you're carrying a zero on the field.

Yep that's terrible usability/UX.

This is the most frustrating game to watch. It's as if they took two teams who have had an easy first five rounds and then set them out on a Friday night to see which one could fuck up less than the other.

Having said that, it has been a very hard fought game but the sloppy ballwork has been frustrating. This Jarrod Waite guy is pretty good though.

Bishop89

Hawks lol.

Didn't get the chance to see the game, but were Hawks playing really shit or GWS just showing too much class?

That monster goal by broadbent is a perfect example of the deliberate out of bounds rule creating better footy. It would have been a ball in about 15 seconds earlier if the players weren't afraid now of the free kick against.

Good signs from port tonight but they are playing Richmond so I won't get to excited yet. There are still a few occasions where players stop supporting as soon as they are relieved of the ball and some of the tackles early looked like they were playing touch but looking good at half time.

I've ripped against them too so either way I'll be happy

Hawks lol.

Didn't get the chance to see the game, but we're Hawks playing really shit or GWS just showing too much class?

GWS just out played them and went in harder, Hawks were off. and then quit late in the 2nd Q.

GWS were swaming every ground ball contest and made the most of the inside 50's. I think at one stage mid-way in the 2nd they both had the same amount of inside 50's but GWS were up by 40 points.

AxeMan

Hawks lol.

Didn't get the chance to see the game, but we're Hawks playing really shit or GWS just showing too much class?

I've been saying it for a while, GWS are a very, very good side. They have close to the best, if not the best, midfield. Forwards are in the top 4 I'd say as well and their defence is very adequate.

We haven't been playing well all year and been quite lucky to win the close games. I predicted a comfortable loss to us, I didn't think we'd get smacked this hard though.

I'll just add that I'm a foundation member and am still a member of the GWS and have been a member of the Hawks for the last 12 years as well. While nothing will eclipse my love of the Hawks I'm glad that GWS are doing well

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I've been saying it for a while, GWS are a very, very good side. They have close to the best, if not the best, midfield. Forwards are in the top 4 I'd say as well and their defence is very adequate.

We haven't been playing well all year and been quite lucky to win the close games. I predicted a comfortable loss to us, I didn't think we'd get smacked this hard though.

I'll just add that I'm a foundation member and am still a member of the GWS and have been a member of the Hawks for the last 12 years as well. While nothing will eclipse my love of the Hawks I'm glad that GWS are doing well
That's pretty awesome, two teams is interesting.

Also it means that bananarnie isn't the only gws supporter!

Westlo

I thought Collingwood were back in form after somehow overcoming Essendon, what's going in? They haven't even scored yet.

And how does Hardwick still have a job....

I thought Collingwood were back in form after somehow overcoming Essendon, what's going in? They haven't even scored yet.

And how does Hardwick still have a job....

No, we [Collingwood[ are shit, we keep giving up big first Q scores and then play better but cant recover. im hoping for anything less the a 50 point loss. Our zone is a joke, all teams need to do is get one long kick into space from the D50 to get an easy score, we press to high and dont run back,

I also think we might lose the Carlton on Saturday because of the back to back short weeks with a Perth trip.

Pies having a great third quarter. They aren't the same quality of the Eagles (though how good they really are is up for debate) but Pies did get back into some sort of form on Anzac Day. Couple of injuries lately haven't helped but hopefully they can have a good month or two.

Pies having a great third quarter. They aren't the same quality of the Eagles (though how good they really are is up for debate) but Pies did get back into some sort of form on Anzac Day. Couple of injuries lately haven't helped but hopefully they can have a good month or two.

We will get blown out in the last 10 mins, we just dont have the fitness to run out full games against top teams.

Eagles should be up by heaps, they just keep missing goals, its much the same as GWS Vs Melb in round 1 but i dont think the poor goal kicking will cost West Coast like it did GWS.

seanoff

Carlton v Essendon is pretty close to the worst game I've ever seen. The first 3 qtrs were an embarrassment.

It became funny.

maladroid

You obviously didn't watch the classic that was Freo v Blues last week.

The only thing keeping me going is knowing that Levi, Cas and co will eventually be replaced by McKay, Curnow and SOSOS.

fisheyes

When's the last time hooligans set of flares at an afl game at Adelaide oval?

Probably when all those AFL supporters ripped out the seats at Adelaide Oval.

Ridiculous.

ChXGuOGU0AA_Aed.jpg

(I don't know who's fans it actually was, it doesn't really matter though. Still shit)

When's the last time hooligans set of flares at an afl game at Adelaide oval?

Whens the last time a whole club was taking PEDS in the A-leauge?

There were no flares lit by united fans tonight.

20 years, two good showings of the socceroos at the world cup, thats what I'll give AFL until football is the no. 1 commercial sport here.

bomma_man

As long as a league is a second rate bush league (which it is, despite some great goals last night) and time zones exist, soccer will never be a more popular spectator sport than afl (the best in the world by default) and nrl (probably the best league in the world).

jambo

Well this is hilarious.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-...ave-essendons-insurer-pay-legal-costs/7378780

bci8DyCl.jpg

Former Essendon coach James Hird has lost a Victorian Supreme Court bid to have the club's insurer pay his $691,000 legal bill for a failed challenge against the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA).

Hird sued Chubb Insurance after it refused to pay his legal costs for a Federal Court challenge against the ASADA's joint investigation with the AFL into Essendon's 2012 supplements program.

Hird and Essendon lost the case in 2014 after arguing ASADA had acted beyond its powers.

The former coach broke ranks with the club and launched an appeal against that decision, which he went on to lose.

legend166

Whens the last time a whole club was taking PEDS in the A-leauge?

There were no flares lit by united fans tonight.

20 years, two good showings of the socceroos at the world cup, thats what I'll give AFL until football is the no. 1 commercial sport here.

There's literally not a single metric you can point to that shows this has a chance of happening. Have you seen A-League TV ratings?

bomma_man

I mean, the a-league and soccer in general is competing against cricket more than anything. It barely overlaps the football seasons.

jambo

The AFL sure are talking about changing a lot of stuff this year

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-03/afl-flags-finals-shakeup

3cVHh9d.jpg

THE AFL has floated the idea of a 10-team finals system in a shake-up of the established top-eight system that would involve wildcard spots.

Football operations boss Mark Evans tabled the idea on Monday night, suggesting a structure that would involve a top six and a further four teams battling for wildcard positions.

The prospect of adding two teams to the finals was first explored when the League expanded to 18 teams in 2012.

"Maybe you have six who are in (the finals), fighting for spots. Then maybe you're fighting for four wildcard playoffs," Evans told Fox Footy.

Also talking about interchange shake up

He did, however, float a left-field idea that could turn the interchange system on its head.

"I’ve actually got an idea that we should trial — maybe in a pre-season game — whether we just interchange after goals," Evans said.

"Incentivise goalscoring and perhaps, maybe that gives us the more natural limit."

What's the point of finals if over half of the normal season's teams automatically make it in? Stupid. Plus it drags out finals for too long.

Also thanks for the green icon tips last week fellas, pulled a much needed win in SC with 2156 scored, sitting at 5th now:

nhjRagP.jpg

This round I'm thinking of (provided those on field are all playing):
  • trade down McCarthy for cash
  • Trade out Suckling for high end avg score player
  • Swap out Dea for new guy

Any recommendations on who to bring in for my defence to replace Dea?

fisheyes

This round I'm thinking of (provided those on field are all playing):
  • trade down McCarthy for cash
  • Trade out Suckling for high end avg score player
  • Swap out Dea for new guy

Any recommendations on who to bring in for my defence to replace Dea?

I had my worst SC score for weeks last week, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but if you want a downgrade option, Josh Smith from Collingwood has averaged 84 over his first two weeks, costs only $102,400, and has a breakeven of -107 so should earn a fair bit of money fast.

Only problem in your case is he is a midfielder, but you could send one of your FWD/DEFs to Defense, Menadue to Forward and get him in as a swap for Dea that way.

I'm doing something pretty similar to get him in, and getting Dougal Howard from Port in as well (not scoring fantastically but Lobbe from Port is out for 12 weeks so he should play a fair bit) for a couple of my $300,000 guys, which will give me $400,000 or so in the bank to upgrade a couple of my other $300,000ish guys next week if all goes right. Its burning through a lot of trades but I think my team will be looking reasonably solid at that point. But then, I thought it looked solid last week until a bunch of my guys spudded it up, so what do I know?

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday May 6th
Richmond vs. Hawthorn @ The MCG

Saturday May 7th
Collingwood vs. Carlton @ The MCG
Geelong vs. West Coast @ Simonds Stadium
Sydney vs. Essendon @ The SCG
Gold Coast vs. Melbourne @ Metricon Stadium
Western Bulldogs vs. Adelaide @ Etihad Stadium
Fremantle vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Domain Stadium

Sunday May 8th
St Kilda vs. North Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium
Port Adelaide vs. Brisbane @ Adelaide Oval

Round 7 Teams

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Geelong were awesome today against West Coast. I've been disappointed this year during most games due to our lack of pressure and overall direction of our gameplan but the last two weeks have changed my outlook dramatically imo.
We crushed the Eagles in pressure in the first half and I thought we showed a lot of confidence and dare in the way we attacked the game. Gives me a lot of hope for what we can produce going forward.

KAP151

Been a long bloody time since we kicked 24 goals in a match. Nice to be on the right end of a reaming for a change!

Suns were bloody awful in the last and those fans having a crack at Gary Jr should be ashamed.

And Collingwood/Richmond lost again. All is the right in the world. =P

mrpookles

How long has Rodney Eade got? Gold Coast are going no where fast.

2 of their best 5 players (O'Meara and Swallow) are long-term injuries and Gablett's falling apart... I don't think their list is in as bad a shape as it seems long-term.

Eade will escape scrutiny because the Melbourne media love him and the torch is on juicier targets (i.e. Buckley).

Good win by the Dogs last night. 5-2 with our injuries is very solid.

Ydahs

So far the Saints have nearly overcome two premiership contenders in North and Hawthorn. Really rapt with the fight we're showing this year. Last year we had that hunger for only one or two quarters, this year it's more sustained.

Good signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom