• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of Mayhem (Saints Row devs) 15/18 August release, new trailer

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kimbo Slice skin ��
I don't feel like I'm getting a real sense of how this game plays from the trailer. Small levels? Big levels? are they switching characters at will or was that some flashy shit for the trailer?

Open world like Saints Row 2 (missions won't take place in self-contained levels like SR3/4)

Edit: And:

Luigiv

Well that's a poorly edited trailer if I ever saw one. Game itself looks like cell-shaded Saints Row, I guess.

Lucifon

Looks like a multiplayer / coop game yet it appears it's singleplayer only. As a singleplayer game it seems pretty underwhelming on first impressions.

Kinyou

It definitley looks a lot like a MP hero shooter despite being SP. I hope that it still offers big scripted mission like Saints row

roytheone

Looks like a multiplayer / coop game yet it appears it's singleplayer only. As a singleplayer game it seems pretty underwhelming on first impressions.

Wait, it doesn't have coop? There goes the little bit of interest I had in this game, coop saints row was a blast. I predicted this game as the biggest flop of the year in that one thread, and nothing I heard/seen of this since then convinced me otherwise.

Saints Row 3 and 4 were great fun. This looks like more of that kind of gameplay. I am okay with that. Maybe they finally start working on Freespace 3 after this one. Right?

:(

Alexious

I think it's a shame they're not adding co-op to this game. You have a team of three and you can only switch between them on the fly...It would have been way cooler with coop.

I think it's a shame they're not adding co-op to this game. You have a team of three and you can only switch between them on the fly...It would have been way cooler with coop.

iirc they had issues with developing co-op in SR3/4

this is a brand new engine, so it looks to me like they're starting from scratch for this game. AoM2 I could see having co-op again.

prudislav

Saints Row 3 and 4 were great fun. This looks like more of that kind of gameplay. I am okay with that. Maybe they finally start working on Freespace 3 after this one. Right?
:(
from what i saw from IdolNinja's posts the mission design is closer to SR2 tahn to SR3/4 (aka mission are designed around the openworld and not in separate levels)

Monocle

Looks super bland. I love Saints Row but this looks like a rehash with the charm and gameplay variety taken out.

Wasn't the "fun per square mile" line from Gaf? I remember reading it in one Zelda thread.

I'm pretty sure it's from a Youtube video with a developer who was critquing BOTW and he said they need "x amount of fun things to do per abritary distance amount" when they are making open world games to keep it interesting.

That's from memory

GavinUK86

Haha looks amazing. They've taken the tired Saints Row formula and turned it on it's head with multiple characters. It reminds me if an RPG like ME or DA where you have multiple characters with different skills, except it's basically SR and Crackdown had a baby. I'm in day one without a doubt.

Grisby

Forgot this was a thing. I dig the Crackdown inspired visuals and the agent switching sounds ok.

Yeah, it's on my radar now.
They played the A-Team theme, and I recognised it. Who would have thought a video game would reference another medium of entertainment? These developers certainly have their finger on the pulse of the industry.
Chuckle worthy.

mnannola

Environments look pretty barren and sterile. Not really what I want in an open world game.

Hopefully some good previews come out for this.

The art style and gameplay remind me of a random PS2 third person shooter. Maybe that's a little harsh but I'm really not feeling this game. Hope it works out well for Volition though.

Apdiddy

The game looks like fun, but I would think with a new-gen, Volition would leave Saints Row universe completely behind after SRIV/Gat Out of Hell and have a completely new IP.

bengraven

This is just a side quest isn't it?

It wouldn't shock me if we keep getting announcements for these games until they officially announce Saints Row 5 and all these announcements are just facets of that game.

eggandI

Banned
I don't think they've shown any gameplay since last E3 and that was nearly a year ago. Can't really tell much about the game from this trailer either. Doesn't seem like they have much confidence in this tbh

I think the idea is nice, but what footage there is hasn't sold me on it.

hobozero

Looks like a huge disappointment after SR3 and SR4. Like if after making Fast 5 and Furious 6, Justin Lin followed up with 2 Fast 2 Furious :(

Interfectum

That trailer is all over the place. Feels like a generic Saints Row which is crazy because they have the SR license to use. Weird...

Top Bottom