• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Agents of Mayhem (Saints Row devs) 15/18 August release, new trailer

rhandino

Banned
I been anticipating this game since they showed it.

It looks like pure fun and has this cartoon-ish vibe that looks so appealing.

Day 1.

Nokterian

I am not impressed, not even the gameplay didn't do anything. The humor is well so so, also what is up with the terrible camera angle?

Saints Row 3 and 4 where fun games but this..well looks so generic as can be.

Kinda looks like Saint's Row (obviously) mixed with Crackdown, but not quite as good. Not sold on this. I loved the Saint's series, so I'll likely pick this up when the price drops, but that trailer's just not doing it for me.

Calm Mind

giphy.gif

Fbh

Looks kinda generic. Not a fan of the art direction and overall style.

Would still be interested if it had Coop. With all those characters it could have been a lot of fun to play with friends.

But as a single player...Meh.

drotahorror

I wish Volition could have stuck with the Red Faction series. Saints Row sucks and this looks like it's following in it's footsteps.

Nudull

Banned
Looks fun enough. Been playing through Saints 4, so I'd be in the mood for another Volition game.

Is this supposed to be set in the same universe as saints?

for a new IP it looks very very similar.

IIRC,
This is an alternate universe/timeline created from the events of Gat Out of Hell.

Aaron

Need to see real gameplay before judging. Not these quick clips, which honestly make me less and less interested.

Need to see real gameplay before judging. Not these quick clips, which honestly make me less and less interested.

I'm not sure why they haven't released a full 10 minute walkthrough of open-world exploration and gameplay like they did with Saints 3 & 4.

I'm not sure why they haven't released a full 10 minute walkthrough of open-world exploration and gameplay like they did with Saints 3 & 4.

their community manager IdolNinja heavily implied that their stream this week (and every week going forward) will be showcasing the game in detail.

dreamfall

Eager to see how the game actually plays.

It's strange to me that they've removed the best bits of Saints Row - customization and multiplayer co-op for this. But I've enjoyed their games throughout so I'm hoping this is good.

I find myself concerned about the open-world being set in Seoul. Hearing the interesting stuff NPCs say is one of the best parts of open-world games and if everybody speaks Korean and the store names are all Korean then that eliminates a lot of the appeal of exploration for me if I can't understand anything.

Alienous

It just seems bizarre that they went from Saints Row 4 and its DLCs to this.

I wonder if its low-budget, because it has the demeanor of a game I'd expect to be free. Saints Row heavily featured co-op, but a game based around unique characters doesn't, it's just strange.

Or maybe it's just had mediocre showings due to Deep Silver being tight on the marketing money. It has to be something.

I LOVED Saints 3 & 4, but this game is going to be a really hard sell for me, especially given that it isn't co-op. SR3&4 are some of my favorite co-op experiences ever.

It just seems bizarre that they went from Saints Row 4 and its DLCs to this.

I wonder if its low-budget, because it has the demeanor of a game I'd expect to be free. Saints Row heavily featured co-op, but a game based around unique characters doesn't, it's just strange.

Or maybe it's just had mediocre showings due to Deep Silver being tight on the marketing money. It has to be something.

The game being low-budget would make sense to me. They replaced the previous website today, it went from something with multiple pages dedicated to Agents, other game info, and forums to a one page marketing ad.

Kovacs

You had my attention at Saints Row developer.

You had my undivided attention when I saw the Ultor logo and realised it was in the same universe.

They had a sale at the first bars of the A-Team theme and by the time the Knight Rider theme started I had nothing left to give.

eshwaaz

Just finished watching the preview footage. It just makes me sad. Volition has made some great games in the past, but this does absolutely nothing for me. I don't like the look of the world or the characters, and the action looks surprisingly bland, despite all of the colorful effects going on at any given moment.

Nokterian

The game being low-budget would make sense to me. They replaced the previous website today, it went from something with multiple pages dedicated to Agents, other game info, and forums to a one page marketing ad.

They did? Deep Silver went below it by the looks of it. Watching more footage and it just falls flat with everything.

Neolombax

Looks fun, albeit generic. Action looks to be fast paced, with all that character switching on the fly and stuff. Keeping this on my radar for sure.

Game looks super fun, not surpised that the majority of GAF is hating on it. Not every game has to be a grimdark male power fantasy with a shitty pretentious Nirvana cover in the trailer.

i-Jest

I remember seeing the E3 reveal for this. It looked cool but I swear it went ghost then after. To be fair, I got caught up in other stuff that had my full attention.

You guys can't tell me this game wouldn't make an amazing CGI cartoon like Over Watch or Sunset Overdrive. Why must I be tortured so?

Anbec7

Had a lot of fun with Saints Row 4 and Gat out of Hell. So I may give this a chance once there are more information available.
These are the type of games to just disconnect and have a good laugh.

Fredrik

Damn this game begs for some Red Faction:G environmental destructability so bad.

It could elevate it to a generic open world Crackdown copy to something really awesome.
Wouldn't it just be a generic Crackdown 3 copy instead then?
I think it looks great as it is, looks like tons of fun, great humour, lots of action, and single player (Thank you devs!!)

Top Bottom