• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Black Friday calendar revealed

I'm getting the PS3 Black Friday bundle, but I'd also like to catch up on the years of PS3 gaming that I missed. In particular, I want to pick up the Uncharted trilogy and Sly Cooper (both Thieves in Time and the HD Collection), among a few other titles.

I noticed Wal-Mart is offering a lot of deals on these older games tomorrow, many in the $10 or $15 range. I'd really like to not drive out on Black Friday, so is it likely that Amazon will price match these games tomorrow, and are they likely to sell out?

Also, out of curiosity, are the PS2 HD collections (Jak and Daxter, Rachet and Clank, etc.) limited runs on the level of Metroid Prime Trilogy? Should I worry about not being able to pick them up in the future if I miss them this Black Friday?

Thanks!

I'm getting the PS3 Black Friday bundle, but I'd also like to catch up on the years of PS3 gaming that I missed. In particular, I want to pick up the Uncharted trilogy and Sly Cooper (both Thieves in Time and the HD Collection), among a few other titles.

I noticed Wal-Mart is offering a lot of deals on these older games tomorrow, many in the $10 or $15 range. I'd really like to not drive out on Black Friday, so is it likely that Amazon will price match these games tomorrow, and are they likely to sell out?

Also, out of curiosity, are the PS2 HD collections (Jak and Daxter, Rachet and Clank, etc.) limited runs on the level of Metroid Prime Trilogy? Should I worry about not being able to pick them up in the future if I miss them this Black Friday?

Thanks!
If I was you I would just get the Black Friday Bunduru

AlphaK

bought Elder Scrolls Anthology earlier for $29 and the CS rep said she'd refund the difference for the lightning deal.

LTWood12

Is Lego marvel worth $40 for ps4? Never played a Lego game, but Im intrigued by the reviewer praise. I grew up loving Marvel stuff.

If I was you I would just get the Black Friday Bunduru

I am getting the Black Friday bundle on Amazon. (Or, did you mean to the exclusion of any other PS3 game...?)

I'm just trying to figure out if Amazon will price match Walmart tomorrow for games like Thieves in Time or Uncharted.

When does the $20 Beyond promo credit expire? I wonder if I should just pull the trigger on this now or take my chances with the lightning deal...

lpD0JS3.png

Edit: promo code expires on November 30th... I'll take my chances with the lightning deal. Getting it for $4.99 would be sweet.

How did you get it for 14.99??????

Silex

Anybody knows for how long should the PS3 bundle last?
Will it be gone soon, or is it reasonable to assume it'll be tomorrow as well (or perhaps through the whole weekend)?

Anybody knows for how long should the PS3 bundle last?
Will it be gone soon, or is it reasonable to assume it'll be tomorrow as well (or perhaps through the whole weekend)?

Last year's bundle was on store shelves well after the holiday season. You're probably good.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is Lego marvel worth $40 for ps4? Never played a Lego game, but Im intrigued by the reviewer praise. I grew up loving Marvel stuff.

YES. Fantastic game.

Picked up Skylanders Swap Force for PS4 for $32.75 after $5 promo code. Insane deal.

Silex

Last year's bundle was on store shelves well after the holiday season. You're probably good.

I sure hope so, need to make sure that I won't run out of budget too quickly. I also hate the idea of buying that model instead of the old slim, which isn't sold anywhere unfortunately...

McHuj

I'm not seeing it on any of the pages.

Weird. It's not showing up on my PC, but on the mobile app on my phone it does. Do they have two sets of deals going?

Can someone else pull it up on their phone to verify that I'm not mental?

Ifrit

I have never played Kingdom Hearts. I know its a Disney RPG, how is the story and game? Is 1.5 worth $20?

It's a fun game so yes, the battle system is awesome and the story in the first game is good. I think it gets confusing on the sequels which I havent played yet

Necrovex

I have never played Kingdom Hearts. I know its a Disney RPG, how is the story and game? Is 1.5 worth $20?

Story is pretty stupid, but I enjoy its idiocy. There is something strangely charming about it. But I'm a crazy person when it comes to Kingdom Hearts story. I played the original games, and they were pretty good (KH1 was great). KH 1.5 is easily the definitive version for KH1, and CoM. I ordered it earlier today.

The OST is god-tier too.

Derrick01

Banned
Weird. It's not showing up on my PC, but on the mobile app on my phone it does. Do they have two sets of deals going?

Can someone else pull it up on their phone to verify that I'm not mental?

Maybe. I can't look at it on a phone but I was looking all over the gaming section of Amazon and their main lightning deals page at both 6pm eastern and 9pm and there was no 3DS listed anywhere. There's a few 3DS games on sale at 8 but that's it.

So does Wal-Mart or BB price match with Amazon? Say I go to WalMart/BB when the deal is going on, will they match the price of The Last of Us????
I really don't want to wait till Monday to get it.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Are the $30 PS+ codes still expected to go up at midnight, or have they listed it somewhere for an earlier time?

Whats the Beyond discount code?

I'll get it for $20.
Old promo code. You got it for trading in two games I believe. People just saved it waiting for a price drop. There will be a lighting deal though ($25).

Do we know what time the Beyond lightning deal will be? Think I have that $20 dollar promo from trading in 20 dollars worth of stuff awhile back (if it's still valid)
In about 2 hours I think. It's easily worth the money, great game. Code expires soon, better use it now.

McHuj

Ah ok. Is it $150 for normal XLs, going live 6:01 PM PST tonight?

Edit: I just downloaded the Amazon App on my phone and saw this:

Yup, that's what I see. The fact that it's not showing up on their proper website is worrying. It's either a mistake or it will show up on their website closer to the deal.

Boogiepop

And Pokemon Mystery Dungeon also turned out to be a bit of a bust, sitting at $25. But apparently enough people were interested, because it disappeared FAST.

These 3DS games are embarrassingly priced for "deals" First is was DKC3D for $25, which was $3 off the normal Amazon price. Now Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is $25, which is only $4 off the normal Amazon price.

Apdiddy

I'm utterly shocked at Walking Dead: Survival Instinct being close to 100% claimed for $15.

It's not that good...

...is it?

efeman

Banned
I'm utterly shocked at Walking Dead: Survival Instinct being close to 100% claimed for $15.

It's not that good...

...is it?

I played through the entire thing on PC over the summer. It was all right, but I didn't think it lived up to the hype.

Avinexus

It's not that good...

...is it?

Neither is the show, but its one of the most watched shows on cable TV. When it comes to zombies, quality means little.

Any word on whether Amazon (or anyplace else) might match Gamestop's $20 Tales of Xillia? I'd like to avoid going to the store at midnight if possible, lol

I am really tempted to get Ni no Kuni for $15. SO TEMPTED. I dunno if I should get Bioshock Infinite for $20 instead, though. Help me decide, GAF. HELP ME DECIDE.

Top Bottom