• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixyz

Note 4

4GB

4G

4Styluses

review-zu-octodad-dadliest-catch_9t3r.jpg

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Moto holding September 4 event:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvAZ8JLIcAARMEX.jpg[]

[url]http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-holding-september-4-event-moto-360-new-phones-inbound[/url][/QUOTE]
Moto 270 incoming.

[quote="Groof, post: 125338586"]Press da bess[/QUOTE]
Link to incoming L update?

Furyous

Samsung's investors can't be happy about the BOM on the Note 4. Does anyone want to take a friendly (read: no money involved) bet on how much this device costs to manufacture? I really want to take the obvious shot at touchwiz and 4 GB of RAM but I'll chill.

Can anyone with a G3 speak on their experience with the newest firmware update that improves brightness, saturation, and color reproduction?

Does the G2 move up to the high end spec from last year or mid tier spec from this year?

I've watched G3 videos all day trying to ascertain how bright the screen is. I just wish it ran Cynagenmod or stock android. If that happened and they fixed the brightness/color reproduction then I could see this phone lasting three years with ease.

Samsung's investors can't be happy about the BOM on the Note 4. Does anyone want to take a friendly (read: no money involved) bet on how much this device costs to manufacture? I really want to take the obvious shot at touchwiz and 4 GB of RAM but I'll chill.

Can anyone with a G3 speak on their experience with the newest firmware update that improves brightness, saturation, and color reproduction?

Does the G2 move up to the high end spec from last year or mid tier spec from this year?

I've watched G3 videos all day trying to ascertain how bright the screen is. I just wish it ran Cynagenmod or stock android. If that happened and they fixed the brightness/color reproduction then I could see this phone lasting three years with ease.

Note usually launches at $100 more than S and keeps price longer. doubt the BOM is anywhere near $100 more.

Anyone using CM11? I'm running an M7 nightly on my HTC One M7 and have had problems with bluetooth audio stuttering when streaming via Spotify. Seems others have had the same thing.

anyone heard of a fix? Do we know if build M9 fixes the bluetooth issue?

Thanks!

NotBacon

Marques is thinking what I'm thinking:

Moto X+1
Moto 360
Android L
Note 4
Nexus 6
iPhone 6

This fall is going to be insane.

Efit: Oh and obligatory X+1 announcement my hype boner is tingling yada yada

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Samsung's investors can't be happy about the BOM on the Note 4.
I don't know why the tech world cares about what investors think. I say this as a dude with a lot sitting in the market. Let them worry about it. Let's praise Samsung for doing the right thing.

I'm just saying. I don't mean to direct this comment to you. It always seems like the tech world concerns themselves they shouldn't be.

Bboy AJ

Every year we are concerned about the increased Nexus screen size. And every year we say the current one is as big as it should be. I am in the same boat as everyone else. I like my N5 screen size.

hitsugi

I thought the rumor was that Moto was making this one?

That is the rumor, I'm purely speculating based on the QHD screen at this point. It would be great if Moto did it, and if it has the battery capable of handling that screen..

...and a camera that isn't sub-par by comparison to the generation before it.

hitsugi

Because look at the G2 -> N5. Screen, camera, and battery were all inferior to the phone it was based on.

If it ends up being a Moto phone, I would have higher hopes due to it being something built from the ground up, so to speak.

2560x1440 = QHD / 2K

3840 X 2160 = UHD / "4K"

4096x2160 = 4K

3840x2160 is 4K, just the home cinema version. The DCI resolution is 4096x2160 but that's not a 16:9 aspect ratio and so would be unsuitable for HDTVs. So they just cut it slightly to fit into 16:9, and as a bonus it's exactly 4x the pixel count of 1080p and 6x the pixel count of 720p which makes upscaling low resolution content easier.

If you're referring to the hangout, I have no idea why people keep starting new ones to "purge lurkers" but it's pretty uncool.

Right, apparently chiming in 4-5 times a day isn't enough. If we're going to be pretentious douchenozzles about the hangout, I'll make a new one where we're not going to be purging every ten hours like an old boy's club that'll leave a bad taste in the mouth of newbies to the thread.

Some of us work, have school and social lives. We can't check the shit every ten seconds when most of it is unrelated to android to begin with. What the help harm does lurking do anyways?

It's like I'm in some bizarro world version of android GAF where we turned into a high school.

Bboy AJ

Honestly guys?
Lurking is frowned upon because who wants people looking in? Active participants are good to have because discussion is great. I'm the only one calling it the Moto 270. We need more brilliant people like me. And not sure what happened with the latest purge, though. I'll join whatever hangout you make.

sounding more and more like not joining the Hangout was a great decision!

I didn't see the point either and reading this is just hilarious.
You're doing exactly what you're condemning.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What is it even for? So you can have super secret awesome conversations about Android like if you have GafGold? Gotta keep it secret from the unwashed masses?

Bboy AJ

What is it even for? So you can have super secret awesome conversations about Android like if you have GafGold? Gotta keep it secret from the unwashed masses?
Eh? Everyone has been free to join. Look at all vanilla's posts about PMing him. How do you think this supposed clique started? It's a better format than gaf. IO and wwdc were a great experience. We crashed hangouts, in fact.

Groof

The hangout has always been a nice place to, you know, hang out in. It's a very laid back and open group, and very friendly.
What has happened these past few days has been strange though, but that's what makes things interesting

The hangout has always been a nice place to, you know, hang out in. It's a very laid back and open group, and very friendly.
What has happened these past few days has been strange though, but that's what makes things interesting

Except what people report here doesn't make it sound very friendly and open. I can't even response to my WhatsApp messages in a timely manner or forget to check them after dismissing the notification. I'd probably be out of that hangout after a day and considered to be a lurker.

Bboy AJ

I wouldn't even understand that slight at Apple without the explanation.

Except what people report here doesn't make it sound very friendly and open. I can't even response to my WhatsApp messages in a timely manner or forget to check them after dismissing the notification. I'd probably be out of that hangout after a day and considered to be a lurker.
Yeah. It's not for you, then. Not everything has to be for everyone. It's good you recognize that.

Groof

Eh, this is the first time something like this has happened. Hopefully the last too.
You could always give it a try though. I can feel you wanting it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom