• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angry" fans send Bioware 400 Cupcakes

Shiggy

Whiners. They've yet to encounter a very bad ending ...

GeneralScales.jpg

But well, that studio got its revenge and was bought by Microsoft. Now it's dead.

Dresden

No, that is not a sound argument. I spend money on things to entertain myself and I spend money to help others. What I don't do is waste money on fool's errands when I could spend that money constructively.

Those guys in edmonton do not need cupcakes. They get plates of muffins and stuff everymorning.

The ending to ME3 might now tickle someones fancy, but this is just waste for waste's sake.

Your own entertainment is pointless in relation to the suffering around the globe. Why are you being so selfish? Why spend money on yourself when you can spend it on others? The game you buy, that could feed a family in Africa. Jesus Christ.

GeneralScales.jpg

But well, that studio got its revenge and was bought by Microsoft. Now it's dead.

I was actually making a case in my mind a few days back which was worse.

I really was not a fan of Adventures, but holy fuck did that suck ass. AT LEAST LET ME FIGHT HIM, you dicks.

Still, it feels the same. Management stepping in and going "we need this ending and not the one you wanted to make". Artistic integrity.

:') (yes, I know the creation process is complex and on occasion absurd, but that is just an argument against it being art not for, IMO)

Hex

Banned
God damn I need to piss off more video game nerds.
Oh no , don't assault me with fresh baked sugary frosty coated delicacies! Yes yes I have been so naughty!

Zomba13

GeneralScales.jpg

In my opinnion, no matter how bad an ending for any other game is (and I've played a fair amount with really sucky endings) I don't think any compare to Mass Effect. I mean, with the other bad endings I hadn't put in over a hundred hours across three different games where my choices mattered and shaped the world and I was told that my choices would matter in the ending, and that certain things would be very important in the ending and how there would be 16 different endings or how we wouldn't just end up picking A, B or C.

But this isn't the ME3 ending bitching thread, this is the CUPCAKES :D thread. I honestly do think they deserve the cupcakes for all the great work they did on the series. Each game had its ups and downs but are easily some of my favourite games this gen and some of the stuff in ME3 is really really awesome for fans. It does suck hugely that the last 10 minutes are just the worst and don't really fit in the game at all and have more plotholes than a lump of swiss cheese.

Anyway, who cares what people have done with their money? Fans donated to Child's Play and are now donating to children's literacy. It's their money and they can put it where they want. I could sell all my stuff and give the proceeds to cancer research. It'd be a better cause than using my stuff to enjoy myself but I'm not going to do that.

Wiz

That awkward moment when Bioware decides whether or not they should throw a party and eat them.

vulva

Worthy causes are off limits with the internet.

everything that came of this is pretty great... but you actually think this is a worthy cause?

edit: unless you're saying the internet only leads to pursuing unworthy causes. My mind's not straight today =(

A.R.K

1st world problems right there...so much fucking stupidity on a game ending? And waste more money on it...nice...could have donated to some charity who could have fed some 100 starved kids in Africa or somewhere...

/rant

WARP10CK

Banned
1st world problems right there...so much fucking stupidity on a game ending? And waste more money on it...nice...could have donated to some charity who could have fed some 100 starved kids in Africa or somewhere...

/rant

True but they did raise over 80k to Childs Play

Alchemy

I wonder if all the people on their soap boxes would still have an issue with this if it was done as a regular fan gesture appreciating the developers work, because this kind of shit isn't unusual. It just usually isn't attached to something negative.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
People do stuff for their personal enjoyment and to feel like they have done somthing for something they like - "First world problems", "why not homeless people"...

Really guys? Really? I hope you are also complaining every year how much your city spends on fireworks for new years because that's literally blowing up money for pretty images.

Alchemy

People do stuff for their personal enjoyment and to feel like they have done somthing for something they like - "First world problems", "why not homeless people"...

Really guys? Really? I hope you are also complaining every year how much your city spends on fireworks for new years because that's literally blowing up money for pretty images.

Any dollar spent on something that isn't necessary to survival can be scrutinized the same way. Bought a new TV? What the hell is wrong with you, you're spending money on entertainment when it could be used to FEED PEOPLE!

But it is only an issue if someone else does it.

Also fuck cupcakes.

Zen

Banned
No, that is not a sound argument. I spend money on things to entertain myself and I spend money to help others. What I don't do is waste money on fool's errands when I could spend that money constructively.

Those guys in edmonton do not need cupcakes. They get plates of muffins and stuff everymorning.

The ending to ME3 might now tickle someones fancy, but this is just waste for waste's sake.

Hey buddy, there are people starving in your city right now, why are you posting on the internet and using your money on something that doesn't matter when you SHOULD be volunteering at the food shelter.

Asshole!

$2.50 a cupcake is expensive?

That's pretty damn cheap for a good cupcake in Cali. Some places around me charge $4 per cupcake..

kuroshiki

I would never pay $2.50 for a cupcake. That's insane.

Also, Bioware created Jade Empire... which was also suck. I'm not a single bit surprised Bioware is bombing everywhere.

Vire

I would never pay $2.50 for a cupcake. That's insane.

Also, Bioware created Jade Empire... which was also suck. I'm not a single bit surprised Bioware is bombing everywhere.

OH NO YOU DIDN'N

Have you ever been to Ralphs or Vons? They sell 8 cupcakes for $5.

Have you ever been to a professional pastry chef? It's expensive.

You don't go to these places just because you want cupcakes like a grocery store. It's meant for special occasions, a party, a bridal shower, etc.

ameratsu

I'm Canadian and I've spent $3-$5 on a single cupcake before. At least in Canada, $2.50 really isn't that much from a specialty bakery. I've bought my dad some really good, but pricey, gluten-free cupcakes from these sorts of places as well. This isn't wal-mart...

The ME3 ending was par for the course but this is clever and funny. Saying the $1000 could be spent on better causes is as silly as saying that to someone who made an expensive discretionary purchase in the pick up post thread.

JDSN

Banned
Well, this comes from the fanbase know for analyzing Tali's sweat and saying femshep is true shepard, no surprises there.
Edit: Oh damn, Black Forest.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Specialty cupcake, grocery cupcake, they are all sugary shitty stuff that will give me type 2 diabetes. They are all just sugars. I don't taste the difference.
I doubt the grocery will give you the same flavor options in many of these cases, and if you think chocolate tastes the same as vanilla and peanut butter and various different fruits because "it's all just sugars," you need to get something checked. ;P

kuroshiki

OH NO YOU DIDN'N

Have you ever been to a professional pastry chef? It's expensive.

You don't go to these places just because you want cupcakes like a grocery store. It's meant for special occasions, a party, a bridal shower, etc.

OH YES I DID. =D

and I ate 'specialty' cupcakes for various occasions from professional staffers, like wedding, boss's party, celebration of 60th birthday, graduation, etc. I was not impressed.

Derrick01

Banned

/rant

Spend all that money on food and 12 hours later they're starving again. Not wasteful at all!

Also I hope you never bought anything you didn't absolutely need. I hope you posted that from a public library because buying a computer when you could have sent that money to Africa was pretty stupid.

Vire

OH YES I DID. =D

and I ate 'specialty' cupcakes for various occasions from professional staffers, like wedding, boss's party, celebration of 60th birthday, graduation, etc. I was not impressed.

From their site:

march-feature.jpg

I'd pay half my month's rent to get my hands on that!

I'm sure they are loving all the publicity they are getting from this.

rozay

Banned
I don't give a shit what they do. Their money, their message, to be spent and sent however they please.

What I do care about is the fact I don't have any cupcakes right now.

Because goddamn. I want a cupcake.
I will ship you cupcakes if you ship meat pies to me in the states. Fair trade?

Top Bottom