• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthony Fantano's Worst to Best MF DOOM Albums.

He was talking about superheroes in that song....he's the supervillain...the batman audio samples were to make it obvious but I guess that wasn't enough.

I love Born Like This to death but Batty Boys gets skipped every single time. Shit is wildly homophobic, I'll begrudgingly admit that the title pun is kind of clever though.

Like do you really think that a song with a sample of scene of someone saying "faggot" more than once is just all persona?

"Gay, sir
I'm far from gay
Now listen and keep your shirt on
Grown men in a rubber suit
Runnin' around with a young boy
Homo"

Just about superheroes huh. The song ain't subtle and that's just the intro.
I mean. It's just music man. Damn near ten years old now.

I wouldn't feel guilty listening it today.

Jesus id have to never listen to Dmx ever again if I took that approach.

ITS ON MY LIST.... but I don't stream music and like to own it physically. The cd is pretty expensive here

Just buy a digital copy or something man, you're missing out. You can always buy a physical copy down the line if you find one on the cheap.

I mean. It's just music man. Damn near ten years old now.

I wouldn't feel guilty listening it today.

I wasn't telling anyone to feel guilty and neither was the other dude you quoted actually. I was saying it's homophobic as all hell, which it is. The poster I was responding to seemed to think it was just an innocent track about superheroes for some reason.

I think it's a shitty track even outside of the gross lyrics, though.

noquarter

ITS ON MY LIST.... but I don't stream music and like to own it physically. The cd is pretty expensive here
eMusic used to have it and was fairly inexpensive a decade ago. That was how I got most of my DOOM catalog. Don't know if they still have it, but if they have a free trial you can probably get it for free (If they're still around)

g11

9. Key to the Kuffs
8. Venomous Villain
7. Take Me to Your Leader
6. The Mouse and the Mask
5. Operation: Doomsday
4. Vaudeville Villain
3. Born Like This
2. Mm.. Food
1. Madvillainy

9. Key to the Kuffs
8. Venomous Villain
7. The Mouse and the Mask
6. Operation: Doomsday
5. Vaudeville Villain
4. Take Me to Your Leader
3. Born Like This
2. Mm.. Food
1. Madvillainy

is probably my order. I vacillate a lot on the order of the 2, 3, 4 slots. Also I've never heard of this guy (Fantano) before.

Top Bottom