• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASSEMBLY Winter: SteelSeries Challenge (SCII tournament)

twofold

Haunted said:
He should've remade some gateways much earlier than he did as well. Trying to keep Tyler busy with DTs was a good stalling tactic but he took way too long rebuilding production buildings.

Insolence vs Naugrim on Khaldor's stream is a pretty damn tight game as well, but Khaldor totally favouring the German player is pretty annoying. >_>

edit: y'all are just pampered by Tastosis' awesomeness.

He should have dropped some Gateways shortly after his natural came on line.

He had a 15 probe lead but had about 1200/1200 banked with all warp gates on cooldown.

Typical WC3 player - failing at the macro aspect of the game! ;D

Haunted said:
He should've remade some gateways much earlier than he did as well. Trying to keep Tyler busy with DTs was a good stalling tactic but he took way too long rebuilding production buildings.

Insolence vs Naugrim on Khaldor's stream is a pretty damn tight game as well, but Khaldor totally favouring the German player is pretty annoying. >_>

edit: y'all are just pampered by Tastosis' awesomeness.
Not really

martijn or whatever was awful even back in the beta.

Where is my totalBiscuit ?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Haunted said:
?? What WC3 mac- ...ooooooh.
:p

i ust realized the secret to casting: just read the production tab and periodically count buildings.
we have a roach warren.
1,2,3 gateways.
3 gateways is good.
building drones.

Haunted

If you want to see emotional casting, watch Khaldor cast Germans (like Insolence vs Naugrim just now). Where Artosis ends up screaming in the highest pitch for two seconds, that's where Khaldor's voice starts his battle commentary.

Pretty ridiculous.

Looks like there won't be any surprises in this batch of groups, all the favourites look solid.

Another interview:
Naama: "SeiN studied a lot of replays from Sjow"

Looks like Sjow got sniped. :p

twofold

Damn. Just read that Grubby only started playing SC2 three weeks ago.

In light of that, his performance was super impressive. He's going to be a beast once he gets some more experience with the game.

Haunted

Delicious Ro16 games:

TLO vs Morrow
huk vs qxc
Socke vs Tyler
ret vs naniwa

twofold said:
Damn. Just read that Grubby only started playing SC2 three weeks ago.

In light of that, his performance was super impressive. He's going to be a beast once he gets some more experience with the game.
Also keep in mind that he hasn't switched over fuill-time - he's still playing WC3.

Just came, looks like I missed a lot of ro32 games but looking at the bracket no big boys have gone at it yet but they are about to...

Huk vs QXC *foaming*

Haunted

Also, Totalbiscuit has started casting today. He's casting huk's replays from the group stage right now, as the Ro16 will not begin for another ~25 minutes.

Haunted

Lunch break + technical issues = :(

I hope the downtime between rounds won't be too long as it gets into the later stages.

Then again, the NA server TLOpen (TSL qualifier#6) starts around the time the Ro8 is planned to scheduled, so I'm sure there'll be enough SCII goodness broadcasted for everyone today. :p

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Ret held off that cheese really well and won that game with a good counter attack.

Edit: And he takes game two pretty easily as well.

Haunted

That was some Nestea-quality defence right there from ret.

Scouted at the perfect time, reacted immediately and calmly. From all the players I've seen so far in this tournament, huk and ret have been the most convincing.

Hyped for TLO vs Morrow now. Go Random!

Haunted

That's what you get for walking your queen across half the map.

Some ggod Zerg control from Morrow vs the Banelings, and that was that. Pretty disappointing from TLO, really.

2 Liquids left in the Ro8.

Upper bracket is stacked. Morrow, Tarson, huk, Socke. ret should make it in the lower bracket against Adelscott/Pomi if he doesn't get all-in'd.

raphier

Banned
Pomi vs ret started. Washing from pomi pov. Using phone lol.
Saw tlo shake hands with his latest opponent, he agreed he played badly

Great cf into win for pomi

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V9fE7.jpg

"We don't currently plan to support LAN play with StarCraft II, as we are building Battle.net to be the ideal destination for multiplayer gaming with StarCraft II and future Blizzard Entertainment games. While this was a difficult decision for us, we felt that moving away from LAN play and directing players to our upgraded Battle.net service was the best option to ensure a quality multiplayer experience with StarCraft II and safeguard against piracy.

Several Battle.net features like advanced communication options, achievements, stat-tracking, and more, require players to be connected to the service, so we're encouraging everyone to use Battle.net as much as possible to get the most out of StarCraft II. We're looking forward to sharing more details about Battle.net and online functionality for StarCraft II in the near future."

Haunted

ret ended game 2 quickly because he wasn't sure the connection would hold. >_>

...and holds on in game 3. whew, that was pretty back & forth.

ret wins 2-1 and advances to the semis.

The other quarter-final games:

Adelscott vs DieStar on GLHF.tv #1
Morrow vs Tarson on GLHF.tv #2
huk vs Socke on Khaldor (German stream)

Haunted

Socke with pretty amazing Blink micro takes the first game off of huk. First game huk lost in the whole tournament (went 10-0 before).

edit: 17k+ viewers across streams (but who knows how many duplicates there are, I have three of them open >_>).

Haunted

So many good games to follow!

Morrow vs Tarson g2 is epic, Adelscott vs Diestar g2 just about to hit the lategame, huk just equalised 1-1 exploiting Socke's bad decision making.

edit: oh shit, proxy gateway by Socke

and scouted by huk :eek:

Haunted

Morrow vs Socke
ret vs ?

Who won the Adelscott/Diestar game?

also lol @ Khaldor fistpumping, screaming when huk gg'd.

BigAT

I'm surprised Huk wouldn't scout that sooner, especially on Steppes. He waited long enough that by the time he found out, it was essentially too late.

twofold

I hope we get a Morrow vs Ret final. That'd be awesome.

I'm pulling for Morrow at the mo. His play has been brilliant today.

Top Bottom