• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamhack 2011 SC2 Tournament

clav

Tenks said:
Yeah he's kind of annoying but only a fraction as annoying as the Silver leaguers who watch his daily and think they're the Starcraft encyclopedia and keep saying "DAY9 SAID IT!!!" like Day is even a top SC2 player. I rarely watch the daily anymore but his analysis and build order knowledge is always like 2 metagame shifts behind.
You have to admit those Funday Monday dailies put on a good show.

Also, he's a good guy that helps lower-tier players. It's just some of his fans don't get it, but they think they do.

Mindlog said:
You see! [./Sen]

Chill tournament, but I think I have tinnitus now.

HAHA YOU SEE

HAHA

Jokab

Tenks said:
Yeah he's kind of annoying but only a fraction as annoying as the Silver leaguers who watch his daily and think they're the Starcraft encyclopedia and keep saying "DAY9 SAID IT!!!" like Day is even a top SC2 player. I rarely watch the daily anymore but his analysis and build order knowledge is always like 2 metagame shifts behind.
Like that even matters to anyone but top master and grandmaster players. For me, and I would assume most people who watch his show, he is invaluable for those key mentality points such as "Expand when you attack".

Grats to Huk. One of my least favorite players but no one can take away what he accomplished today. Even if he did get lucky with his scouting decision

Deadly

farnham said:
mc and huk are very close

nothing lmao about him gratulating huk
I think the funny part was when all the TL guys started throwing him in the air MC just looked :lol (I know there was no more space for him).

And it's a live event guys you shout for the crowd there, stream comes second.

Coolwhip said:
Makes you wonder why not more games were in that venue.
The finals of other tournaments were also held in that arena.

cubicle47b said:
I don't really see it in game 4. In game 5, yeah, scouting Moon 2nd or 3rd would have probably been a loss.
2nd and 3rd are the same thing, because you're meant to send a second scout on Taldarim if you don't scout them first.

Tenks said:
I don't see how anyone could bring themselves to suffer through Day9's YT videos.

He is without a doubt the worst commentator I've seen in SC2. Literally any of the other professional commentators including many, many YT commentators would do a better job. It's a real shame that he seems to be the go-to guy for big events.

Bring on Husky!

clav

Danne-Danger said:
I don't see how anyone could bring themselves to suffer through Day9's YT videos.

He is without a doubt the worst commentator I've seen in SC2. Literally any of the other professional commentators including many, many YT commentators would do a better job. It's a real shame that he seems to be the go-to guy for big events.

Bring on Husky!
Joke post?

Dooraven

cubicle47b said:
I don't really see it in game 4. In game 5, yeah, scouting Moon 2nd or 3rd would have probably been a loss.

In Game 4 Huk missed the expansion and predicted all in due to that and thus put up a lot of cannons. If Moon didn't cancel he would have beeh far far ahead. It was serious luck that he missed it.

Jokab

Danne-Danger said:

Bring on Husky!
Uhh... troll?

Dooraven said:
In Game 4 Huk missed the expansion and predicted all in due to that and thus put up a lot of cannons. If Moon didn't cancel he would have beeh far far ahead. It was serious luck that he missed it.

That's not some unrecoverable situation when you've gone Nexus first.

V_Arnold

Danne-Danger said:

Bring on Husky!

You sir, make exactly this amount of sense:
ZERO.NONE.NULL.NILL.INAI.NULLA.

Deadly

Looks like Huk doesn't know about the hatch cancel in game 4. Someone should tell him, it'd be nice for him to actually admit yeah that was pure luck

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Danne-Danger said:

Bring on Husky!
man, thats like dealing with a rat infestation by importing man eating lions.

Dooraven

cubicle47b said:
That's not some unrecoverable situation when you've gone Nexus first.

He placed 6 cannons which invested so significanlty into static defence slowing down army production, sure it's not unrecoverable but he would be seriously behind.

Q8D3vil

Danne-Danger said:

Bring on Husky!
WTF am i reading

Day9 hating is perfectly acceptable, he is great in the right mix but this weekend he wasn't good and the audio levels making his screaming hype voice pretty annoying.

I don't watch the daily's anymore, he's become a caricature of himself and It just feels like I've seen it all before.

Dooraven said:
He placed 6 cannons which invested so significanlty into static defence slowing down army production, sure it's not unrecoverable but he would be seriously behind.
He did 4 before the allin came i think, 1-2 is standard for forge expanding.

BlackDove

Banned
Deadly said:
Looks like Huk doesn't know about the hatch cancel in game 4. Someone should tell him, it'd be nice for him to actually admit yeah that was pure luck

He just did in the post game interview.

They're all right though. When he stopped jittering the fuck around, he dealt with all situations aptly, and won because he was the better player.

Lucky as fuck, but he was better. Tyler was right, the reasons he lost two and three was his own fault, not because Moon was doing anything extravagantly good.

clav

pieatorium said:
Day9 hating is perfectly acceptable, he is great in the right mix but this weekend he wasn't good and the audio levels making his screaming hype voice pretty annoying.

I don't watch the daily's anymore, he's become a caricature of himself and It just feels like I've seen it all before.
Day[9]'s analysis most of the time is spot on when it comes to tournaments. If you watched the games with other casters this weekend, a lot of them didn't know the game was going to be over when xyz event happened as many of them sound like they don't have an idea what's going on. I saw a handful, "Oh, it's over" narrations.

They're just narrating what happens in the battle scene and that's it. Nothing about timings, supply, sacrifices, etc.

Ronok

Deadly said:

Why get caught up on something being lucky? There are lucky moments in so many SC2 games. I mean yeah, it was a fine line, but it's not really something to get caught up on. In any game with "fog of war" you're going to have plenty of moments like that.

syllogism

BlackDove said:
He just did in the post game interview.

They're all right though. When he stopped jittering the fuck around, he dealt with all situations aptly, and won because he was the better player.

Lucky as fuck, but he was better. Tyler was right, the reasons he lost two and three was his own fault, not because Moon was doing anything extravagantly good.
Ahahaha, we certainly didn't see him do anything that established him as the better player, besides not doing two stupid all-ins, but that's hardly good enough

Ronok

syllogism said:
Ahahaha, we certainly didn't him do anything that established him as the better player, besides not doing two stupid all-ins, but that's hardly good enough

Did moon? Or are you just all "LOLOLOL EQUALLY BAD! LOL!" ???

Pandaman said:
man, thats like dealing with a rat infestation by importing man eating lions.
Oh come on, Husky is a good guy, certainly not a man eating lion. He should be a mascot at least, have him run around acting all cute.

claviertekky said:
Day[9]'s analysis most of the time is spot on when it comes to tournaments. If you watched the games with other casters this weekend, a lot of them didn't know the game was going to be over when xyz event happened as many of them sound like they don't have an idea what's going on.

They're just narrating what happens in the battle scene and that's it. Nothing about timings, supply, sacrifices, etc.
up against Totalbiscuit and ICCUP casters I would hope he would have better understanding, there is more to casting than just analysis and there are better out there at it than him.

later all 4 am time for sleep

pieatorium said:
He did 4 before the allin came i think, 1-2 is standard for forge expanding.

Yeah, he added 3 cannons at first. It's a big investment, of course, but with a Nexus first vs. a 14 pool/gas then expansion it's not like he's throwing the game away. Bad scouting, though.

Ronok

hamchan said:
Moon owned himself by trying to do funny crap the last two games. If he played standard he probably would have beaten Huk.

...Decision making. A huge part of the game. Also no way to tell what would have happened had he done a completely different build order.

I also forgot to note. All the Day[9] hating is ridiculous. I can understand having different tastes, but to say he is objectively bad is crazy.

clav

pieatorium said:
up against Totalbiscuit and ICCUP casters I would hope he would have better understanding, there is more to casting than just analysis and there are better out there at it than him.

later all 4 am time for sleep
Can you name a few?

I would like to find other casters aside from Day[9] and the Tastetosis duo.

Danne-Danger said:
Oh come on, Husky is a good guy, certainly not a man eating lion. He should be a mascot at least, have him run around acting all cute.

Husky has a good attitude. I'll give you that.

Casting is another thing. Hopefully, he's learning from Day[9] as those two have actually been spending time casting things together lately.

Tenks

claviertekky said:
Can you name a few?

I would like to find other casters aside from Day[9] and the Tastosis duo.

Wolf's analysis is generally correct with the current state of SC2. Probably because he is so closely tied with one of the premier foreign teams. He doesn't have Day's charisma, though.

clav

Tenks said:
Wolf's analysis is generally correct with the current state of SC2. Probably because he is so closely tied with one of the premier foreign teams. He doesn't have Day's charisma, though.
Does he have a Youtube channel?

Ronok

syllogism said:
Yes they played equally bad, I'm fine with that

Note though that Huk certainly played better during group play than Moon

lol I do think pressure got to them a bit. Huk played really well in the first game, and I thought he would continue his form from the rest of the tournament. Wasn't meant to be. I don't actually think they both played badly, I'd be more inclined to say it was average. :p

Danne-Danger said:

Husky is awesome. I wouldn't have him casting a tournament, but he can get people excited about the game. He does a good job building the community in general.

ultron87

My only problem with Day9 is that he tries to be both the hype man and the analytical guy at the same time and sometimes falls short on or the other.

Top Bottom