• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASSEMBLY Winter: SteelSeries Challenge (SCII tournament)

BigAT

Q8D3vil said:
i was being sarcastic....
he lost to socke
I know. I'm just saying that Huk's ego is of the type that he almost certainly still believes he's the best player there, regardless of the outcome.

Haunted

lol

The fun part about Khaldor is how excited he gets. The bad part is that he's even more clueless than Tasteless about the game yet talks more than Artosis.

I get that this is not an issue if you can't even understand half of what he's saying, but let me tell you, he's not easy to watch as a German SCII fan, printed flag or not. >_>

"Socke hwaiting" oh lord

markao

Durante said:
Khaldor is entertaining, but I'm not sure if his commentary isn't actually removing information from the stream :p
I don't care, like his enthusiasm, as long as you don't have to listen to it everyday.

Might also help that my knowledge of the game is not at a level to understand his misses/mistakes anyway ;)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
So how have the games been today? Only bad thing about the speed of tournaments like this is missing all the games due to work.

Pretty interesting how much English is used on the German stream.

syllogism

HuK claimed in an interview that he has a 60-70% winrate against Nestea on ladder. Now you can say it's just ladder, but I'm inclined to believe his GSL vP matches aren't really representative and he struggles against abusive/cheesy, top protoss players just like every other Zerg.

He probably prepares and plays differently depending on the situation and obviously playing on the GSL you're gonna do all you've got vs ladder where you might try new things since you already have good practice partners and don't need the ladder for that.

Aaron

syllogism said:
HuK claimed in an interview that he has a 60-70% winrate against Nestea on ladder. Now you can say it's just ladder, but I'm inclined to believe his GSL vP matches aren't really representative and he struggles against abusive/cheesy, top protoss players just like every other Zerg.
It's said before, but Nestea is a clutch player. He always seems to play better when something is on the line.

syllogism

TheThunder said:
He probably prepares and plays differently depending on the situation and obviously playing on the GSL you're gonna do all you've got vs ladder where you might try new things since you already have good practice partners and don't need the ladder for that.
But Nestea is always QQing about protoss in interviews and always saying practice hasn't gone well, so there's more to it than just "trying new things" (as if zerg can do anything besides the standard) on ladder.

syllogism said:
But Nestea is always QQing about protoss in interviews and always saying practice hasn't gone well, so there's more to it than just "trying new things" (as if zerg can do anything besides the standard) on ladder.
NesTea always QQs but beats everybody except MVP, kinda his thing.

If they use the GSTL maps, I can't see huk beating nestea in bo7 no matter how abusive huk is.

syllogism

TheThunder said:
NesTea always QQs but beats everybody except MVP, kinda his thing.

If they use the GSTL maps, I can't see huk beating nestea in bo7 no matter how abusive huk is.
Oh definitely agree; I don't even particularly like or rate Huk very highly. I wasn't suggesting his actual winrate against nestea would be that high, but rather that Nestea's vP record is misleadingly high.

Haunted

Not sure we'll see a game go past 15 minutes in these finals. >_>

I do enjoy my intense micro battles, so no complaining from me. :D

T v T > P v P > Z v Z

Which proves yet again, to those unbelievers, T's superiority

On topic: Hope Ret takes it. He could use a motivator after not gettin in code S last season. Morrow's excellent tho. Dominant as T, now dominant as Z. Lovin it.

Haunted

16:30! They barely made it past 15. :p

That +2 vs +1 upgrade made all the difference in the world. Crazy how those roach numbers spiral out of control when the battle starts.

twofold

Ret also had about 15 more Roaches and +1 carapace.

There was no way Morrow could have won that, even if he had the +2 missile attacks.

Edit - And Morrow shows why going Banelings against Roaches is possibly the dumbest thing you could ever do.

WP Ret!

Haunted

gg!

I hope this gives ret a huge boost of confidence for the next GSL season. Grats TL.

Up next: djWheat and Day9 casting the TLOpen semis and finals. :D

markao

Love watching Zerg, just not in a ZvZ, but Dutch domination, so no complains here.

Saw some great matches and hope we will see more and more SC2 tourneys, great game to watch even if you are not always aware what is going on.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Haunted said:
gg!

I hope this gives ret a huge boost of confidence for the next GSL season. Grats TL.

Up next: djWheat and Day9 casting the TLOpen semis and finals. :D
Man SC2 has such an awesome "foreign" scene. Tournys all the time, high level people constantly streaming games. Days upon weeks worth of VODs/Coverage. So much better than BW although the quality of games have not reached there yet.

Top Bottom