• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Totori Plus (Vita) |OT| Stealthily Adventuring onto PSN

Stuart444

I have the JP version of this but I want the Eng version just to show that even with no marketing whatsoever, people still want these games :/

Plus Totori is great in general.

Too bad I only have a UK and JP cards otherwise I'd probably buy this straight away. Hope it gets put up on the UK PSN store soon.

edit: Also I agree about just letting NISA do everything since TKA just doesn't want to market it or do any work at all, they might as well let NISA do everything. but meh.

Rarutos

I liked the fact that Meruru was like building your kingdom or something, I like stuff like that. So I shouldn't worry about Rorona?

Not unless you really do want to play all the games you can! I personally loved Rorona to pieces (but I may or may not be biased), but most people consider it unnecessary to play through since it is technically inferior to Totori and Meruru in almost every way.

I thought it was worth playing for the characters and stories, at least! I hope Gust does a Rorona Plus with updated graphics and gameplay, though. It needs it more than Totori and Meruru, for sure.

Animekatt

Someone on PS3Trophies said they talked to someone on some NISA IRC that GS might have physical versions, but I call bs. Lol, Gamestop has a page up for Totori Plus that only says Download already anyway. :/

I called my local GS. The girl said the system only showed the DL version, with no notations of a physical. :(

Stuart444

Figured as much! I suppose we probably would have had at least a bit of a warning if there was going to be a physical release...

We don't even have a copy/paste PR on any website I can see. Not even a simple "Hey, Totori+ on PSN, go get it doods... I mean people" >_>

Seriously though, not even a single PR piece, nothing.

I don't think I've seen any 'big'-ish company do something like this in a long time

zulux21

I called my local GS. The girl said the system only showed the DL version, with no notations of a physical. :(

I don't figure a NA physical release has a chance, but koei has a history of releasing games digital only in NA and physical in EU so I still have a little hope for a EU physical release to import.

What the heck ?

it's ...out ? WHATTHE HECK ?

No marketing ? no anything ? i have no time to think about it , not time to wonder if i get it or not ? And where is the physical release ?

i tell you , something wrong is happenning with the atelier franchise.

Koroviev

What the heck ?

it's ...out ? WHATTHE HECK ?

No marketing ? no anything ? i have no time to think about it , not time to wonder if i get it or not ? And where is the physical release ?

i tell you , something wrong is happenning with the atelier franchise.

This wasn't even on my radar at all, and now I'm thinking about buying it...

Syrinx

Well, that was unexpected.

May consider getting this. I got it for the PS3 but I couldn't really get into it. Maybe since it's handheld I can get into a better rhythm with it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Wait... What WHAT WHAT!?!?!?

WTF Koei, you didn't tell me this was coming out TODAY!! >>;

Okay, I need to calm down. Breeeeeeeeeeeeathe....

Okay, some questions. Assuming it's true this is not getting a physical release (and given the state of the Vita in the states I can't exactly blame them), I have a couple problems.

1) I do not have a Vita
2) I do not have a Vita Memory Card

So hm... I guess I'll need to get one of 'dem Vitas eh? Can I buy the game on PSN via the PS3? Do I have to activate the DLC on a Vita?

vall03

I was wondering whats up with the thread and told myself its the JP OT maybe, then I clicked then saw thats its really the US release! Checked the PS Store update and then its really there! Goddamit with the stealth release!

OceanBlue

That no one knew this was coming out and it had to be randomly stumbled on by someone before anyone knew it existed disgusts me.

Asturie

So I have the four Atelier games for PS3, but have yet to actually play them because of backlog. The concepts of these games are really appealing to me which is why I had bought them in the first place once they had gone down in price. Is there any real reason why I should purchase this again besides bikini DLC?

That no one knew this was coming out and it had to be randomly stumbled on by someone before anyone knew it existed disgusts me.

that's not the kind of thing you release on teh wild like that .. a simple facebook annoncement or a mail to the fans would have sufficed ..but now the game is just "out" and nobody had time to anticipate it properly..

So I have the four Atelier games for PS3, but have yet to actually play them because of backlog. The concepts of these games are really appealing to me which is why I had bought them in the first place once they had gone down in price. Is there any real reason why I should purchase this again besides bikini DLC?
It comes with all the PS3 DLC, if you care about that.

Rarutos

Whatever I posted in the OP has is all the stuff that was added for the most part, aside from rebalancing and whatnot. The Japanese voices aren't new though, since those were in the PS3 version as well.

RurouniZel

Calm down, and breath! Iiiiin, and ooouuut, innnn and ooouuut.

...That doesn't work as well without voice.

Thanks Rarutos... I'll try...

Iiiiin.... ooutt...

Okay. Just, wow, this came out of nowhere and now I gotta find the funds for a Vita + Memory Card + Totori+ ... >>;

So hm... I guess I'll need to get one of 'dem Vitas eh? Can I buy the game on PSN via the PS3? Do I have to activate the DLC on a Vita?
Yes! Maybe not now, but you'll need one sometime down the line to play dis. o:

You can buy it on PSN via PS3 and get the DLC with it, too. Then just download both from your download list when you do get a Vita! Or download it on your PS3 and let it sit there as a bubble until you can get one.

Rarutos

You can buy it on PSN via PS3 and get the DLC with it, too. Then just download both from your download list when you do get a Vita! Or download it on your PS3 and let it sit there as a bubble until you can get one.

Or he can buy it off the store page that I posted on the OP! (It's better than dealing with the PS3 PSN Store IMO)

Can I buy the game on PSN via the PS3? Do I have to activate the DLC on a Vita?

Yes, you can buy it (and download it, although you won't be able to run it for obvious reasons) on the PS3, no there shouldn't be any requirements to activate the DLC.

Personally speaking, I'll probably buy it if/when it comes out on EU side (which, knowing Sony of Europe, will probably be a couple of months), despite buying a PS3. I think this sort of game suits handhelds better.

RurouniZel

Or he can buy it off the store page that I posted on the OP! (It's better than dealing with the PS3 PSN Store IMO)

Oh okay, so I can buy it and get the DLC, but not have to purchase a Vita right away? That's a relief, I'm still trying to platinum Ayesha and just got Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate too! >>;

Rarutos

Oh okay, so I can buy it and get the DLC, but not have to purchase a Vita right away? That's a relief, I'm still trying to platinum Ayesha and just got Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate too! >>;

Yes, it should be perfectly fine. No rush to get a Vita unless you want to play it NOW NOW NOW. But I assume you don't because you have the PS3 version anyway. :p

Asturie

Whatever I posted in the OP has is all the stuff that was added for the most part, aside from rebalancing and whatnot. The Japanese voices aren't new though, since those were in the PS3 version as well.

Oops somehow missed the part you had posted about the PS3 DLC and wasn't sure if the Japanese voices were new or not. thanks.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Really bummed there isn't a physical copy.

I have no intention of buying a digital release at 40$ unless it's something like P4G that I know I'll love/won't want to sell when I'm done.

Eusis

This game actually looks pretty interesting...... until the fact that it looks pedo as fuck.
Not as bad as Ar Tonelico in regards to fanservice OR that, but it still gives me pause. Ayesha's generally better from what I've seen, helps the lead's 17 this time and given the game lasts 3 years would be 20 by the end.

vall03

I think I'll get the game next week for my credit card cycle. Soul Hackers is still far away and I can't fucking play Atelier Ayesha right now. Still can't get over with this stealth release. Im so fucking unprepared for this.

OceanBlue

Tecmo Koei's experimental marketing technique.

Activity on NeoGAF is one thing. Potential customers knowing it exists is another.

Especially considering how niche Atelier remakes are, I wouldn't be surprised if no one was talking about this tomorrow.

ZeroAKA

Activity on NeoGAF is one thing. Potential customers knowing it exists is another.

Especially considering how niche Atelier remakes are, I wouldn't be surprised if no one was talking about this tomorrow.
Yeah, I was kidding. I'd be surprised if a good number of the Atelier fan base still didn't know about this release by tomorrow night though.

Top Bottom