• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA publishing Eden Industries' 'Citizens of Earth' - PS4/PSV/WiiU/3DS/PC

Eusis

It's all good, but understand Atlus USA also publishes western indie titles digitally, so it could be one of those. At most this has a 50/50 chance of being a localization.
Yeah, there might be some lower profile Japanese game with that art style few of us have heard about, but more likely it's a western indie pickup.

Eusis

How are people linking that picture with Yakuza? That Citizens of Earth game sounds like a safer prediction.
Honestly Citizens of Earth is probably more exciting than some of the Japanese games they could've potentially announced anyway. The people hyping themselves up for Yakuza are either complete lunatics or kidding around.

Dantis

How are people linking that picture with Yakuza? That Citizens of Earth game sounds like a safer prediction.

Not me. Where is my SMT IV? Europe loves you too :(

Isn't Yakuza 5's subtitle to do with broken dreams? Nope/Hope kind of fits that.

Sgblues

EiBjR5w.png

Atolm

It's one of those shitty & generic Western third party games they like to publish from time to time, probably.

KissVibes

Banned
It's one of those shitty & generic Western third party games they like to publish from time to time, probably.

Yeah, I'm sick of generic garbage like Zeno Clash II, Rock of Ages, and Tex Murphy.

Please stop doing this bullshit, Atlus.

Eusis

It's Citizens of Earth -- go to about 22:40 on this video, same character:

http://youtu.be/KcClniQcaNE
Yeah, that cements this. Should be really interesting to see depending on how much Atlus can fund them, and I always found it kind of disappointing that the when western branches of known JRPG developers/publishers got western games they frequently WEREN'T RPGs. Of course the primary culprit there is Square Enix...

Briarios

Great, more generic western garbage!

This looks neat. Apparently, it's like Little King's Story fused together with Earthbound and that sounds fantastic.

Yeah, I got the same vibe from it -- definitely interested in hearing more about it. I'm not disappointed that they're giving more developers opportunities. It's not like they're lacking in the localization department. Atlus has been going bonkers bringing stuff over.

Eusis

And checking the stretch goals: hopefully Atlus manages to get them on the promised stretch goal platforms, or at least some of them. Though with Atlus involved I kind of expect a console release SOMEWHERE rather than PC only.

Oriel

Pretty weird for Atlus USA to still be in the publishing business. I would have thought Atlus's overseas publishing arms would have been merged into Sega West by now. Are Relic games still published by the Sega acquired THQ Canada outfit? Of course not.

FluxWaveZ

Pretty weird for Atlus USA to still be in the publishing business. I would have thought Atlus's overseas publishing arms would have been merged into Sega West by now.

It's weird when Sega has explicitly underlined the importance of Atlus's independence?

Dugna

Pretty weird for Atlus USA to still be in the publishing business. I would have thought Atlus's overseas publishing arms would have been merged into Sega West by now. Are Relic games still published by the Sega acquired THQ Canada outfit? Of course not.

Atlus is its own thing now doubt any of it will be absorbed into SEGA

Squire

Banned

Of course not, because THQ Canada didn't have a noteworthy legacy, a dedicated fandom, and a mountain of good will.

Would be a dumbass decision. Sega West is garbage and doesn't do anything but localize Sonic games. Atlus are good at what they do, no need to fuck everything up.

wrowa

Why would they mess with a profitable and established company?

Shengar

Atlus USA already have its own niche audience, and a strong brand name to boot. Why would SEGA fucked it up by merging it with their incompetent western branch? Building brand name, even on niche audience isn't easy.

Oh, shit, I remember this kickstarter. It didn't actually get funded iirc, so it's nice to see it still making a debut.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I remember this game's kickstarter from a while ago. I am pleased by this announcement, especially since I recall it being compared to Earthbound by sites like Joystiq.

Vandole

Wow Citizens of Earth!!! I was very bummed when they didn't meet their Kickstarter goal.

More importantly though, this goes a long way in showing me that maybe Sega really going to allow Atlus to run independently and let them conduct business as usual.

Top Bottom