• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA publishing Eden Industries' 'Citizens of Earth' - PS4/PSV/WiiU/3DS/PC

Wow at Atlus paying Microsoft the only dust. Even the Wii U...

I've never heard of this game before. Looks okay, not so much my cup of tea but for a reasonable price I'll definitely pick it up and maybe it can change my mind.

LycanXIII

Yes! I backed this when it was on Kickstarter and was bummed when it didn't make it, glad to see they found a publisher! I believe the devs have an account here too.

YAKUZA 5!!!

AiGjlzu.gif

I hate all of you

Eusis

Dont know if i understood it right. It was on kickstarter, then atlus (publisher) liked it and picked it up?
Failed it too, so this is basically the opposite of the Facebook/Oculus deal in that a small publisher saved a failed Kickstarter rather than a monolithic corporation buying the people behind one of the most successful Kickstarter projects.

megalowho

Between this and getting behind the new Tex Murphy release, I'm really into the publishing moves Atlus USA has been making as of late. Keeping it niche while also standing up for the little guy. Game has a cool premise, looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Sophia

I really like what I see, and the trailer at the end made me laugh with it's "disclaimer." That's always a good sign when I laugh.

Biker19

Banned
Would be a dumbass decision. Sega West is garbage and doesn't do anything but localize Sonic games. Atlus are good at what they do, no need to fuck everything up.

Atlus USA already have its own niche audience, and a strong brand name to boot. Why would SEGA fucked it up by merging it with their incompetent western branch? Building brand name, even on niche audience isn't easy.

I concur. Sega of America is crap compared to Sega of Japan.

Why are people surprised at a Wii U version?

Eden Industries already had a build of the game, they were developing it alongside the PC version according to their Facebook.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
-Update-
(For those curious the tease was just a meme image of Tanaka from P3 along with a YT clip of his music theme.)

Technically, that was a tease for something else, but that's not fitting for this Thread. ;)

For COE, I hid a slice of the "Nope" image as a separator in a Conception II newsletter. (The one for Feene, I think the subject was "The Third-Year Photographer")

Between this and getting behind the new Tex Murphy release, I'm really into the publishing moves Atlus USA has been making as of late. Keeping it niche while also standing up for the little guy. Game has a cool premise, looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Atlus is publishing the Tesla Effect??? *looks* oh sweet baby jesus!

<3 you Atlus.

Eusis

Probably because there's no audience for those types of games on Xbox platforms.

They're even skipping PS3 as well.
For something this small if the effort is small it's usually worth it. But there may be headaches with Microsoft policies that just aren't worth dealing with.

This looks so much like Earthbound to me. I bet all the characters are going to be wacky and shit as fuck.

And your party members look ridiculous too--like the old Burger King kids club cartoon. I love it.

This looks so much like Earthbound to me. I bet all the characters are going to be wacky and shit as fuck.

And your party members look ridiculous too--like the old Burger King kids club cartoon. I love it.

Reminded me of Earthbound too. Something about the art and the characters just being normal people. Looking forward to this.

Oh my wow, I wasn't interested at first, but then I saw the images. That's dang beautiful art. Really happy it's comin to PC, definitely gunna get in on it!

-Just saw the gameplay vid, hype!

tebunker

Banned
I love seeing everyone being reminded of Earthbound because that was one of the Developers main inspirations. I was holding out hope it would have gotten kickstarted. Very happy to have Atlus pick it up. I want to see more and more small to medium games get picked up and funded by people like Atlus.

I am in on this for WiiU for sure.

Eusis

Atlus has always been pretty diverse. It's just that many people only choose to associate them with jrpgs since that is their most popular genre.
It's also what they almost exclusively released for long stretches of time. The last few years they've been trying to find the right western games to take on, and I think thanks to DD they've been finding a sweet spot.

Top Bottom