• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If you rent a japanese PO box and get a forwarding service, you can basically get all the new japan/stardom/dragon gate/ice ribbon/ddt/noah merch you can afford. Shirts are usually around $30 US. The LIJ hats I got were $35 for whatever reason. If you're just spot purchasing merch, ebay price are around the price you would pay if you had the forwarding service.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bray pinned Balor clean on Raw? Whats the point of the SS match then? These fucking bookers man...

This is such an obvious answer: because they needed a reason for Finn to bring the Demon. He's like 25-2 as Stripper Finn why would he bring out the Demon? I mean, people literally asked for the Demon to be booked like that - when Finn needs a little extra to win, but now people don't get it/are mad he lost.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Worth noting that Amazon.jp ships overseas now, so that makes it easier ordering DVDs from the bigger promotions.

right

I forgot to mention that Amazon carries all the Hot Topic PWT shirts people are itching for..but PWT shirts feel like a rip off especially being too lazy to print everything the original merch has.

Also WWE sells merch on amazon for $15 + prime shipping which is a hell of a lot cheaper than paying $5+ for shipping from wwe shop

jmdajr

People don't know how to play Sonic games...?

Ok. My aunt told me a crazy story. One of my cousins has kids, and as a gift, they got them a giant doll house and some dolls. You know, fun stuff for little ones.

The kids said. "How are we supposed to play with them?"
Parents were like..."uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, what do you mean?"

So apparently, there is a channel /videos on youtube of kids playing with toys, and kids watch these videos. Some watch to "understand" how to play with toys, and others simply watch as opposed to playing themselves.

Anyhow. I'm gonna shake my fist at some clouds.

Hex

Banned
You bitches should start a fashion thread or something, fucking christ.
Fashion advice from anywhere on Neogaf is right up there with relationship advice and I have a rash threads

vXvUeRO.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This is such an obvious answer: because they needed a reason for Finn to bring the Demon. He's like 25-2 as Stripper Finn why would he bring out the Demon? I mean, people literally asked for the Demon to be booked like that - when Finn needs a little extra to win, but now people don't get it/are mad he lost.

I forgot the whole Demon thing >_>

Mahonay

Banned

Ok. My aunt told me a crazy story. One of my cousins has kids, and as a gift, they got them a giant doll house and some dolls. You know, fun stuff for little ones.

So apparently, there is a channel /videos on youtube of kids playing with toys, and kids watch these videos. Some watch to "understand" how to play with toys, and others simply watch as opposed to playing themselves.

Fuck man.

Kurita

It was the logical next step after people started watching others playing video games

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Card prediction:

1 Brock Lesnar (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman

I think the "Brock leaves" thing is a total swerve where they're trying to convince you he's winning and they will get around it by doing a worked shoot with "your contract isn't up you better show up when I tell you."

2 Naomi (c) vs. Natalya

Heels win at SummerSlam and all of the compelling characters on SD are faces, so a heel needs the title.

3 Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Sasha Banks

Bliss is like 8 days away from breaking Charlotte's record for longest Raw Women's champ and Ric is in critical condition. I don't think Alexa was keeping it anyways.

4 Jinder Mahal (c) (with The Singh Brothers) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

I'm guessing Nak wins with a cash in tease that doesn't get executed. Vince gets off on those. Changing Corbin's music 2 weeks before he cashes in or attempts to cash-in is a hilariously dumb idea though. The pop from a cash-in is the music, and nobody knows Corbin's new theme.

5 Akira Tozawa (c) (with Titus O'Neil) vs. Neville

I don't see why you'd keep it on Neville. He's great, but at the same time, he's already beaten everyone in the division.

6 AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens

Feud is stale, just keep it on Styles and end it.

7 Randy Orton vs. Rusev

Orton needs his "heat" back.

8 The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and/or Xavier Woods) (c) vs. The Usos (Jey and Jimmy Uso)

The only two teams on SD so they need some reason to keep them fighting.

9 Big Show vs. Big Cass

Cass wins. He's tall and under 40.

10 Finn Bálor vs. Bray Wyatt

Bray beating Finn in Demon Mode would be one of the most egregious burials of a star in years.

11 John Cena vs. Baron Corbin

Cena's not taking two clean losses when he's booked to return to Raw.

12 Cesaro and Sheamus (c) vs. Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins

They want to set up the Ambrose turns heel angle and Sheamus is filming a movie next month (a real one, not a WWE one, I think).

I'd be fine with Alexa dropping the belt. She's been constantly in the title scene on both brands for nearly a whole year and while she's enjoyable, I'd like to see Sasha get a proper run with the belt.

Angry Grimace

Also I bet Sami Wow Wow gets a preshow match for SS against Kanellis tonight. They took Revival/Hardys/Club off the card, so they can add in a random match there to fill time. That or it will be straight up Hardys/Random Guy/Random Guy vs. Club/Random Guy/Random Guy in a 8-man tag.

CommanderBuck

Neo Member
Card prediction:

1 Brock Lesnar (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman

I think the "Brock leaves" thing is a total swerve where they're trying to convince you he's winning and they will get around it by doing a worked shoot with "your contract isn't up you better show up when I tell you."

2 Naomi (c) vs. Natalya

Heels win at SummerSlam and all of the compelling characters on SD are faces, so a heel needs the title.

3 Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Sasha Banks

Bliss is like 8 days away from breaking Charlotte's record for longest Raw Women's champ and Ric is in critical condition. I don't think Alexa was keeping it anyways.

4 Jinder Mahal (c) (with The Singh Brothers) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

I'm guessing Nak wins with a cash in tease that doesn't get executed. Vince gets off on those. Changing Corbin's music 2 weeks before he cashes in or attempts to cash-in is a hilariously dumb idea though. The pop from a cash-in is the music, and nobody knows Corbin's new theme.

5 Akira Tozawa (c) (with Titus O'Neil) vs. Neville

I don't see why you'd keep it on Neville. He's great, but at the same time, he's already beaten everyone in the division.

6 AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens

Feud is stale, just keep it on Styles and end it.

7 Randy Orton vs. Rusev

Orton needs his "heat" back.

8 The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and/or Xavier Woods) (c) vs. The Usos (Jey and Jimmy Uso)

The only two teams on SD so they need some reason to keep them fighting.

9 Big Show vs. Big Cass

Cass wins. He's tall and under 40.

10 Finn Bálor vs. Bray Wyatt

Bray beating Finn in Demon Mode would be one of the most egregious burials of a star in years.

11 John Cena vs. Baron Corbin

Cena's not taking two clean losses when he's booked to return to Raw.

12 Cesaro and Sheamus (c) vs. Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins

They want to set up the Ambrose turns heel angle and Sheamus is filming a movie next month (a real one, not a WWE one, I think).
Agreed on everything accept Naomi.

Angry Grimace

I would not be even vaguely surprised if Lesnar/Angle in a WM19 rematch is legitimately what they're hoping to do with this given that a) Angle isn't retired, and b) fans would pop super hard for that match existing in 2017, and c) Heyman blamed Angle for having it out against Brock like 20 times in the last week for no apparent reason.

I mean, I get the idea that people don't think Angle could get medically cleared, but he's been wrestling the entire time. The only time he stopped wrestling was when he was actively hurt and when he came to WWE.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Brock retains and Joe eats the pin because you cant make Braun or Roman look bad

Jinder pins Nakamura after shenanigans

Demon Finns wins via DQ against Bray because the feud must continue

Cena beats Corbin clean

Randy pins Rusev clean

Sasha wins the title from Bliss

Natty beats Naomi for the title

KO beats AJ for the title again because the face of America gimmick is pointless without the belt

Usos retain vs New Day to continue the feud because there are literally no more teams

Big Cass beats Show and nobody cares.

Dean and Seth beat Cesaro and Shaemus and nobody cares (actually thats not true looking at how over the shield boys were on RAW)

Tozawa retains vs Neville in the preshow

Angry Grimace

Agreed on everything accept Naomi.

The two most popular by far characters are babyfaces and can't feud with anyone. I think from a booking perspective you do it like:

1) Natalya wins title
2) Naomi eventually loses her rematches
3) Charlotte/Becky compete to get No. 1 contender
4) Charlotte/Becky wins title
5) Carmella cashes
6) Charlotte/Becky feud with Carmella

FWIW, I will call anyone who says that they predicted CARMELLA being the best positioned of Cass/Enzo/Carmella 18 months after their debut a dirty, filthy liar.

Brock retains and Joe eats the pin because you cant make Braun or Roman look bad

Jinder pins Nakamura after shenanigans

Demon Finns wins via DQ against Bray because the feud must continue

Cena beats Corbin clean

Randy pins Rusev clean

Sasha wins the title from Bliss

Natty beats Naomi for the title

KO beats AJ for the title again because the face of America gimmick is pointless without the belt

Usos retain vs New Day to continue the feud because there are literally no more teams

Big Cass beats Show and nobody cares.

Dean and Seth beat Cesaro and Shaemus and nobody cares (actually thats not true looking at how over the shield boys were on RAW)

Tozawa retains vs Neville in the preshow

"Brock retains" is so ridiculously predictable I don't see it happening. They're selling you super hard that he's threatening to go to UFC.

Draxal

You also need to predict the post summerslam debuts (and brands as well).

And I think its going to be Naomi wins and Carmella cashes.

The two most popular by far characters are babyfaces and can't feud with anyone. I think from a booking perspective you do it like:

1) Natalya wins title
5) Carmella cashes

FWIW, I will call anyone who says that they predicted CARMELLA being the best positioned of Cass/Enzo/Carmella 18 months after their debut a dirty, filthy liar.
Yeah, no one could really guess Carmella would end up being more successful then Enzo and Cass when she was called up in terms of accomplishments.

Rhaknar

"Brock retains" is so ridiculously predictable I don't see it happening. They're selling you super hard that he's threatening to go to UFC.

I dont think he retains because of the UFC thing, that cant happen until after WM anyway. I think he retains because, like you said, the alternatic is putting the title on Joe, and that aint happening.

He's had his little 1 month go at the title for the internet crowd to shut the fuck up, now its back to who matters. And Joe doesnt matter. Afterall, he's fat, havent you noticed?

Yes, I think that little of Vince and the WWE bookers.

As I continue my progress on watching all the WCW Nitro's and the PPV's that follow I noticed that even before all his turns in WWE the Giant/Big Show was:

Heel at the start of his WCW run
Face after NWO forms
Heel and joins NWO
Face and leaves NWO
Heel and joins NWO B&W

That is 4 turns in less than 3 years of being in WCW.

Pikma

Banned
Here are my Summerslam predictions:

Who the fuck cares? It's gonna be full of last minute booking changes, random fuck finishes and making Roman look the strongest possible

Guaranteed 100%

Angry Grimace

You also need to predict the post summerslam debuts (and brands as well).

And I think its going to be Naomi wins and Carmella cashes.

Nobody. They don't need more people on the roster. I guess perhaps Sanity, but I don't know...why you would.

I dont think he retains because of the UFC thing, that cant happen until after WM anyway. I think he retains because, like you said, the alternatic is putting the title on Joe, and that aint happening.

He's had his little 1 month go at the title for the internet crowd to shut the fuck up, now its back to who matters. And Joe doesnt matter. Afterall, he's fat, havent you noticed?

Yes, I think that little of Vince and the WWE bookers.

Uh, sure they would put the title on Joe. They put him in two straight main events including the SummerSlam main event, both against Brock Lesnar. The idea they wouldn't put the imaginary championship on him for the complete dead period of Monday Night Football is kind of silly given that Owens had the title roughly a year ago and Joe's portrayed as way more of a tough guy than he is.

Not only am I guessing Joe wins, I'm guessing he pins Roman. Fatal Four Way matches are literally never considered clean so it's fine and they can move onto Roman and Joe with Joe telling Roman he's never beaten him one on one.

Angry Grimace

I'm just saying Joe is being presented as a legit main eventer and even Owens who had the title from SummerSlam-ish through Royal Rumble was portrayed as a shit heel who defended his title clean 0 times due to Jericho cheating heavily in all of his matches.

Silexx

1) Natalya wins title
5) Carmella cashes

TBF, HHH literally said that Carmella was going to be a star when he was explaining to E&C why she wasn't coming up with them to the main roster.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Enzo is a star even if nobody wants to admit it. They keep burying him week after week because evidently hes a shithead but its having the completely opposite effect of what they wanted. They're going to put him in a shark cage and the only thing the fans will care about is him being in the cage.

Luschient

Thanks in part to people like the McMahons

Is WWE ever going to see blowback for this? Maybe crowds can start bringing posters of that crossed out "45" that looks like a swastika to Raw and SD. Even tho' that'd prolly get confiscated immediately.

The SS card looks decent, I think I'd be much more likely to watch the PPVs if they were on a Sat night instead of Sunday. I'm forced to drink while watching hours of wrestling and am not a fan of going into work Monday morning all hungover.

Top Bottom