• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Penguin

I know it would have a super niche audience but think would be fun if they tried to put on an actual Southpaw PPV

Could even have it pre-taped at like a house show or something

I don't find Southpaw funny at all. I think people mostly like it cause 'hey, it's that wrestler! And he's doing wacky things!'.
Was your pepe avatar supposed to be funny?
Anywho, I enjoy these because it let's these people that are always following a script have fun and be someone else they're not. I hope one day they have an episode with a match. Just record it at the pc and be goofy about it.

Egg0

Banned
Southpaw Regionals sounds like a thing they made specifically for people who read about or talk about wrestling on the internet.

It has the correct amount of advertisement.

imBask

Banned
Usually people wait until they're banned to use an alt, so it's kinda weird to see Half a moon and OwensIsNow posting in this thread

Anywho, I enjoy these because it let's these people that are always following a script have fun and be someone else they're not. I hope one day they have an episode with a match. Just record it at the pc and be goofy about it.
It'd be awesome if they had a crowd of all PC/main roster people who aren't on the show

Cut away to clips of people cheering/crying in the audience

Slizz

Lethal fucking Leap Year

BM1001.jpg

BM1002.jpg

Stay living in my shadow, half a man!
That's kinda what I mean. If it wasn't these huge stars doing it, people wouldn't bat their eyelashes at it.

Watching Wrestlemania 20 for some reason I'm not entirely sure of, and seeing Dwayne working a mid card match being almost as 'skinny' as Randy Orton is fucking weird.

Southpaw was pretty abysmal though some of it could just be a timing thing. Like, I don't really want to see racist shit like Voodoo gimmicks, AJ styles, and Hayes. I liked that Bryan's skits played up the stupidity of American jingoism, but the minority/female stuff didn't have a payoff beyond how performers were treated (even more) like jokes then.

Maybe I'm just misremembering stuff from the first season, I just thought it was dumb fun. Plus Rusev was the standout performer last time and he's nowhere to be seen.

Well I enjoyed that, although Big E and Xavier as the voodoo priests did have me slightly uncomfortable (although I assume they were happy with it themselves if they starred in it)

And yeah, they seem to be coming up with more merch this time around.

My little sister wore a Bullet Club T-shirt and apparently a Dunkin Donuts cashier did the Naito fist raise while holding open an eye taunt for her. Then they blabbed about wrestling for a bit before she left.

I might have to go bury that guy after work, y'all

Top Bottom