• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

I don't understand how there hasn't been a Flair sex tape, Flair dick pics, Flair WorldStar drunken bar fight videos, etc.

flamethrower.jpg

Those who know, Know. Those who don't choose not to understand. There are a few things that are not open for argument in life. And Flair being the best top to bottom champion, wrestler, talker is not open for debate in my eyes.

In your life, is there anyone you look up to more than Ric Flair? Do you consider him a father figure, friend, or hero? I can see why it would be difficult to accept these things about Ric Flair if that's the case. On the other hand, this is about as delusional as Kaladin defending Hogan's diatribe and the Confederate flag as "not racist", because of his attachment to both.

Liquidsnake, do you believe that wrestling is real?

No man:

I look at it like live art. I watch for that perfect match where everything goes well.
I watch it for those special moments where I get lost in the pre determined nature of it.

To see someone start green, and become one of the best, who will be next? and pull off that 5 star match. Have a run like SCSA I watch for those reasons.

I watch to see them elevate someone. Go from an ok talker to a joy to watch.

When Mutoh had that huge comback after he first shaved his head in gosh what was it 2002? I watched every match.Wrestler of the year 2002.

Thats what I watch for.

dream

No man:

I look at it like live art. I watch for that perfect match where everything goes well.
I watch it for those special moments where I get lost in the pre determined nature of it.

To see someone start green, and become one of the best, who will be next? and pull off that 5 star match. Have a run like SCSA I watch for those reasons.

And if we're being honest, how many times have you seen Ric Flair have that perfect 5 star match?

jmdajr

I will never forget HBK vs Flair when King goes something like...

"I've never seen Ric Flair hit a move off the top rope."

Whatever the case, the flop alone is five stars. That's a fact.

And if we're being honest, how many times have you seen Ric Flair have that perfect 5 star match?

Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat: Chi-Town Rumble 89
Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat: 2/3 Falls Match (Clash of the Champions VI, 1989)
Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat (WrestleWar 1989)
Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk: I Quit Match (Clash of Champions IX, 1989)
Ric Flair vs. Mr. Perfect: (WWE Raw, January 1993)
Ric Flair vs. Harley Race: (Starrcade 1983)
Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage: (WrestleMania VIII)
Ric Flair vs. Sting (Clash Of The Champions I)
Ric Flair vs. Big Van Vader (Starrcade 1993)

jmdajr

Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat: Chi-Town Rumble 89
Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat: 2/3 Falls Match (Clash of the Champions VI, 1989)
Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat (WrestleWar 1989)
Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk: I Quit Match (Clash of Champions IX, 1989)
Ric Flair vs. Mr. Perfect: (WWE Raw, January 1993)
Ric Flair vs. Harley Race: (Starrcade 1983)
Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage: (WrestleMania VIII)
Ric Flair vs. Sting (Clash Of The Champions I)
Ric Flair vs. Big Van Vader (Starrcade 1993)

Not a match but Royal Rumble..

I also really loved Sting vs Flair at American Bash. That might be nostalgia, but it was a big deal.

jmdajr

I mean of Flair is overrated in the wrestling business then who isn't? What fucking parameters are we talking about? What era?

"I only watch wrestling for the underrated super stars! That Brooklyn Brawler..now he could sell!"

I want to say that his 5 star matches came when he was being carried by top shelf opponents like Barry Windham and Rick Steamboat, though.

According to noted professional wrestling journalist Dave Meltzer, Ric Flair has a total of 9 ***** matches. Of those, three are with Windham, four are with Steamboat, one is with Funk, and one is in a clusterfuck War Games.

As a comparison, Mitsuharu Misawa has at least 23, Kenta Kobashi has at least 20. By five star metrics alone, Ric Flair can not be the greatest wrestler of all time.

jmdajr

According to noted professional wrestling journalist Dave Meltzer, Ric Flair has a total of 9 ***** matches. Of those, three are with Windham, four are with Steamboat, one is with Funk, and one is in a clusterfuck War Games.

As a comparison, Mitsuharu Misawa has at least 23, Kenta Kobashi has at least 20. By five star metrics alone, Ric Flair can not be the greatest wrestler of all time.

We talking matches or...the total package ...
of which there is one...

4e0727deecaa501c58126b5dc48dc9a1.jpg

I believe it was the great Rick Rude who said, "You look like shit. Why are they giving you the belt?" to one sorry, saggy Ric Flair. Total package he was not

jmdajr

I agree with liquid snake. Flair GOAT of the 80's

Heenan killed that rumble as well

I don't know what discrediting Flair as a person even has to do with anything. I mean yes, there is the concept of being disappointed in your so called idols.

But do you stop handing out Super Bowl Trophies, Oscars, Grammy's etc. because folks are jerks?

The work is the work, and it was good.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just got a mail that MGS5 is in the post and arriving tomorrow.

But I won't be home until around midnight tomorrow... :(

xTOOLx

BOLA report. People are already in line. FallingEdge is locked out of his airbnb

People start lining up at 10am. I said fuck this weather, I got front row. I don't need to be in this heat. So I'm at home, eating pizza. I'll be there around 6.

Top Bottom