• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin Thread of Hard Summer Justice Slam !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokaku

Banned
I miss the WCW, they had a truck ton of top tier talent, granted Goldberg was champ for a long ass time, but it wasn't always just Goldberg vs Hogan.

Sting
Lex Luger
Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Scott Steiner
Booker T (later in WCW's life)
C*r*s B*n*i* (The one who shall not be mentioned)
Brett Hart
Macho Man
Paul Wight (Big show)
Diamond Dallas Page

And they had the likes of
Chris Jericho
Dean Malenko
Juventude
Rey Mysterio
Perry Saturn

etc etc

Their upper, mid, lower cards were never hurting for talent.

DKehoe

Jericho's book shows just how disogranised WCW was. He had to pretty much beg them to let his angle with Goldberg continue. They couldn't see the potential in it. It wasn't him even asking to win just let them draw it out a bit longer since they just wanted Goldberg to come out and squash Jericho straight away.

RBH

Former WWE wrestler Eugene (Nick Dinsmore) returned to the WWE at last night's Smackdown/ECW house show in New Hampshire. Eugene was fired on September 1, 2007 for reportedly receiving a "third strike" from WWE's Wellness Policy.

Eugene wrestled against Ricky Ortiz in the third match of last night's house show. Eugene is expected to feud against Ortiz when he returns to TV on the Smackdown brand. He is rumored to make a return on the August 7 Smackdown.

WWE also brought back Chris Masters on last week's WWE Raw. Masters has "two strikes" from WWE's Wellness Policy.

According to official documents we obtained earlier this year, WWE fired Eugene for his third failed Wellness test. Masters left the company after his second Wellness violation two months after Eugene was fired.

-PWTorch

MC Safety

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Of course they brought him back as Eugene.

He could have a good gimmick in a "Flowers for Algernon" storyline.

Or he could return as his normal self and be perpetually bewildered when people in the WWE treat him as if he were mentally handicapped.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
RBH said:

So the wellness plan is basically "3 strikes and you're out..........for a year or two."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Kokaku said:
I miss the WCW, they had a truck ton of top tier talent, granted Goldberg was champ for a long ass time, but it wasn't always just Goldberg vs Hogan.

Sting
Lex Luger
Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Scott Steiner
Booker T (later in WCW's life)
C*r*s B*n*i* (The one who shall not be mentioned)
Brett Hart
Macho Man
Paul Wight (Big show)
Diamond Dallas Page

And they had the likes of
Chris Jericho
Dean Malenko
Juventude
Rey Mysterio
Perry Saturn

etc etc

Their upper, mid, lower cards were never hurting for talent.

For as bad as they misused their talent in the late stages of the company, for a while the 3-hour Nitro was by far the best wrestling show. More guys got exposure, including the lightweights like the luchadors and 3-Count. I loved the variety of wrestlers. You'll never see that type of opportunity again unless TNA really becomes a competitor, which isn't going to happen.

Also, man do I miss DDP.

Dambrosi

Banned
Oh christ.

Jesus_facepalm.jpg

This "Wellness Policy" is a bit of a crock, isn't it? Aren't WWE just gifting talent to their competitors by doing this? I mean, I can understand the intent, what with all the drug-related deaths in wrestling and all, but won't this become self-destructive to the product's credibility by a certain point?

EDIT: What I mean is that, by re-hiring guys like Eugene who've had their three strikes, and also by lionizing guys like Jeff Hardy and constantly referring to his two strikes to make him look like the repentant sinner trying to reform, they're not doing the Wellness Policy's credibility any good whatsoever. Yet, they stick to it. Only to hire the offending workers back two years later when they're hurting for talent. What do they want us to believe here?

Plinko said:
For as bad as they misused their talent in the late stages of the company, for a while the 3-hour Nitro was by far the best wrestling show. More guys got exposure, including the lightweights like the luchadors and 3-Count. I loved the variety of wrestlers. You'll never see that type of opportunity again unless TNA really becomes a competitor, which isn't going to happen.

Also, man do I miss DDP.

I miss WCW :(

I could only watch the WWE PPVs during the 90s 'cause I didn't have Sky :lol I got to watch Nitro every week though 'cause we had TNT so that was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUONl1vUpKA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruye1WDWRNw&feature=related

Favourite WCW PPV match. God it was so exciting :/

Dambrosi

Banned
Yeah I would ecstatic to get to hire well-known druggies and failures.
Well, to tell you the truth I don't really know much about the situation, and wanted to know what you guys thought about it. Didn't mean nothing by it.

Yeah I would ecstatic to get to hire well-known druggies and failures.

Um aren't 90% of wrestlers well-known druggies? Kinda goes hand in hand with the nomadic lifestyle.

There's a MUCH shorter list of "spotless" talents who've never had a problem with durgs or other addictions.

Kokaku

Banned
While on topic ..

Whats Test doing these days?

EDIT: The last diamond cutter with page in white pants ..
He better not be cutting who I think he is or imma riot. :(

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
On Lilian Garcia's official MySpace she's put her upcoming schedule up and the last time she is scheduled for Raw is August 24th in Las Vegas, the day after her 10 year anniversary.

Leave the memories alooooooone.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Eugene was a gimmick that went on far too long. Seriously, Eugene revealing he was faking and turning heel on William Regal when they were hot would have been absolutely epic.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I noticed that Chris Jericho is a trending topic on twitter just now and at first I thought it was because he was dead or something.

DKehoe

Lebron said:

Punk talked about that match in an interview. After it the owner of the strip club (the venue they were wrestling the falls count anywhere match was right next to it) asked Punk to apologise to the girl since he apparently hurt her feelings. He went out to the car she was sitting in and she was smoking pot, she rolls down the window blows the smoke in his face and says "something you want to say?" Punk: "nah, you are still a whore"

Plinko

Jeremy Piven's latest Twitter:

- Jeremy Piven posted this statement on his Twitter page: With me tomorrow night on Raw is a gentleman u know from "The hangover" and he also has a day job

Ed Helms, aka Andy from "The Office" is gonna be on RAW!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
DKehoe said:
Punk talked about that match in an interview. After it the owner of the strip club (the venue they were wrestling the falls count anywhere match was right next to it) asked Punk to apologise to the girl since he apparently hurt her feelings. He went out to the car she was sitting in and she was smoking pot, she rolls down the window blows the smoke in his face and says "something you want to say?" Punk: "nah, you are still a whore"
:lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Lost Fragment said:
No way, that gimmick was awesome.

But yeah, DDP should've been higher on the card, though :(
I guess, yeah... it wasn't so much the gimmick as it was their booking of him and his angles.

hertog

DDP is everything the WWE wanted Cena to be. Just a normal man fighting his way through obstacles with the odds against him.

Maybe Cena needs his ribs taped up for about a year and a half.:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom